• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

I had an interview about two months ago for a federal job in DC, my interviewer was a Navy supply officer in the reserves, he told me I could get double retirement by doing that, especially since I had 5 years of service already under my belt. that is something for any of us to think about in case we get picked up and after our initial active obligation (measly 8 years after we get winged lol ) we could do reserves and get some federal job in ....idk CIA, NSA, NRO, DIA, FBI....you name it.....or even in the private sector (eeeehh).....lots of retired officers that work here come in straight up directing shit.....the last Sec Def was I think in the army for a hot minute and when he got out he came to my company as the Vice President of International Relations.....or something like that....
Yeah I work at the Post office currently, and from reading around it looks like they will let me be on military leave indefinitely. I just have to inform them I want my job back within 90 days of leaving military if I want me job back. The crazy thing if I read right is that I can buy my time back for retirement purposes, so say if I do 20 years and come back to PO and buy back 12 (been at PO for 8) I can get retirement pay from post office and military.... then go on to whatever other job I would like ??

There are some interesting things when it comes to this, for instance reservist don't collect that pay right after they retire it is like age 60? If you retire from the military then get a federal job and then retire from that you can either get 2 retirements or have your retirement recalculated to include all federal time at the pay level you just retired at, some it is beneficial some it isn't. It is something to look at when you get to that point.

PontusPilot

Contributor
Do you know what was the reason you werent picked up in the last two boards?
No they just send back PROREC-N, and that you can apply with 6 months with significant change IE(GPA,OAR/ASTB) I also think new LORs but I’m not entirely sure. If you don’t get any of those I have been told to wait a year (not sure if true or not but my ORs don’t let me submit within a year of previous applications)

PontusPilot

Contributor
tempo for today paused twice tho to go pee lol, ran in the Tempo next%. Was hoping for 10 but took wrong turn. There is always a next time, so I’m happy with it.