• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

GymJer020

I haven’t seen the GENOFF dashboard that keeps getting posted around here in a while so I’ll ask, do you know if people who have not applied yet will be able to apply to these upcoming boards or is it still closed out to new packages till the next fiscal year?
Doesn't look like it, considering my application has been pushed to the next board... Those were just rumors probably

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I haven’t seen the GENOFF dashboard that keeps getting posted around here in a while so I’ll ask, do you know if people who have not applied yet will be able to apply to these upcoming boards or is it still closed out to new packages till the next fiscal year?
You can apply to the boards, the boards will run. The designator is closed meaning selectees which fall under FY21 quota's will be pushed to FY22 for their OCS slots.

123abc

Doesn't look like it, considering my application has been pushed to the next board... Those were just rumors probably

Did you get word your packet was actually pushed or are you just assuming because your name wasn’t on the at- board? I’ve kind of accepted mine will most likely be pushed, but the good news is we won’t have to wait too long!

luckynumbr27

You can apply to the boards, the boards will run. The designator is closed meaning selectees which fall under FY21 quota's will be pushed to FY22 for their OCS slots.
I’ve been waiting a long time to have this exact explanation given to me in a simple and understandable way. Thank you sir!

GymJer020

Did you get word your packet was actually pushed or are you just assuming because your name wasn’t on the at- board? I’ve kind of accepted mine will most likely be pushed, but the good news is we won’t have to wait too long!
That’s confirmed from the AD processor and the guy who post the “at-board” list. I saw my name wasn’t on the list, so emailed them both and they said my application is in line for the 24May21 board.

exNavyOffRec

I was talking to my OR earlier. Apparently this board had an influx of SNA. Even though I put both designators, my application for SNA wasn’t even reviewed and they took NFO only.

If a designator is listed the application is reviewed, some recruiters do some shitty things, like if an NRD says only submit NFO then mysteriously SNA disappears as a choice.

123abc

That’s confirmed from the AD processor and the guy who post the “at-board” list. I saw my name wasn’t on the list, so emailed them both and they said my application is in line for the 24May21 board.
Well at least you have confirmation you’ll be at the next one and like @Ghost SWO said May typically has a big selection rate, so that’s good news for you and the rest of us that weren’t on the at board list

exNavyOffRec

That makes it more of a toss up, actually OR's go to a school for like 4 weeks, now years ago someone had the bright idea that anyone could recruit officers without going to OR school and they can just do on the job training, it is the officers that normally go to OR school and some CPO's. In OR school you go over each PA, talk about the requirements, how you processes officers, how the applications are put together and what boards really look at. They also go over the manual and make sure you know how to use it.

There are now sailors in recruiting stations they have trying to recruit officers that have no business doing that, they half ass it because they don't know how to do it right or are under so much pressure on their enlisted goals they just don't care.

I guess what really burns me is so many of the issues that I read on this forum should never have happened, yes there are issues that happen, but the frequency is increasing.

There are some NRD's that are pulling back officer recruiting to only officers and select CPO's and that is how it should be.

He wouldn't be an NCC would he?

Metromedic

Contributor
If a designator is listed the application is reviewed, some recruiters do some shitty things, like if an NRD says only submit NFO then mysteriously SNA disappears as a choice.
The application was submitted with both designators. There’s a note in PRIDE straight from the board starting it wasn’t reviewed due to high volume application.