• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Just heard something similar. I was told even if you were selected for SNA when you get to API there is a good chance you can be re-designated. Not trying to scare anyone and he also told me I might get switched to SNFO at OCS (needs of the Navy). Guess their is an email floating around recruiter land. They have started this practice now and he said he was reaching out to the last two boards selectees as well!

Posted this in the 02NOV forum, thinking it was this one by mistake.
Hmm... Something about that doesn't sound right. First off, API doesn't exist anymore so his info is wrong on at least one account. We've also heard that the SNA pipeline to OCS is backlogged, why would they reclass people to NFO when they finally get to OCS? They have a quota to fill, they made the selections at the board. they're not going to fix a manning problem at OCS, they fix the manning problem at the aviation board. Just because one person get's reclassed for a reason we don't know (I'll assume it's medical DQ), doesn't mean it's common practice now.

I'd buy that if they're referring to a medical DQ they caught at OCS or before API (Now called NIFE). If they reclass you to NFO you're signing something, you'd be changing service commitments and you're agreeing to continue in a new classification. The possibility of a reclass due to medical reasons is true, but they make up less than 10% of pilots and NFO's. The other 30% attrition in flight school is simply DOR (Drop On Request).

exNavyOffRec

Just heard something similar. I was told even if you were selected for SNA when you get to API there is a good chance you can be re-designated. Not trying to scare anyone and he also told me I might get switched to SNFO at OCS (needs of the Navy). Guess their is an email floating around recruiter land. They have started this practice now and he said he was reaching out to the last two boards selectees as well!

Posted this in the 02NOV forum, thinking it was this one by mistake.
nope not accurate, you cannot be redesignated unless you become not qualified for current one, there is no "needs of the Navy" when you sign this contract, that is why when a person is NPQ at OCS or anywhere in the pipeline you can choose to redesignator or you can just go home.

If you become deemed not qualified at OCS and you choose to redesignate you will sign a new contract.

If they ask if you would like to redesignate and you decide to then you are voluntarily giving up one job for another, however that messes up the flow as people are sent to OCS looking forward for the different classes, selections are made based on numbers as well and if there is a shortfall they pull people up waiting to go to OCS and then they can select more at the next board, this process has worked like this for decades with very few hiccups.

Aj123

My recruiter said the results aren’t out yet, so it’s looking like I’m gonna have to wait for the official list to come out ? hopefully they will start scheduling OCS dates soon so we can find out that way