• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

csanfilippo9

Also it seems like AD are getting their FINSEL letters quicker than civilians. Is this normal because I’m scheduled to leave for OCS 6-Nov-22.

exNavyOffRec

I got selected with a 49 6/7/6, 3 flight hours, and I turn 36 in October. I wouldn’t say the older you are the higher your score needs to be. I would say there’s a lot that goes into being selected in regards to whole package content.
They only take a minute or 2 at most for aviation, your 7 PFAR probably helped the most and being AD probably tipped the scales for them.

FloridaDad

So on these last few boards, did anyone apply 1SNA 2SNFO and actually get picked up SNA? My recruiter is pushing hard for me to not only apply SNA but add SNFO as well.

FloridaDad

He was telling me that if I apply pilot 1 flight officer 2 that they would look at me for pilots and only consider flight officer if they first decide no for pilot. That makes all the sense in the world, but everyone on here says to not do that and a lot of the board results seem to show that anyone that applies flight officer second ends up as a flight officer. To be clear, I would absolutely rather be a flight officer than not be in the Navy at all. But becoming a pilot is incredibly important to me and I would only accept flight officer if there was no way I could be a pilot.

Ed014

He was telling me that if I apply pilot 1 flight officer 2 that they would look at me for pilots and only consider flight officer if they first decide no for pilot. That makes all the sense in the world, but everyone on here says to not do that and a lot of the board results seem to show that anyone that applies flight officer second ends up as a flight officer. To be clear, I would absolutely rather be a flight officer than not be in the Navy at all. But becoming a pilot is incredibly important to me and I would only accept flight officer if there was no way I could be a pilot.
As long as you're fine with both! Go for it man! The people who said don't put both are the ones who only wanted to be an SNA and they know they wouldn't enjoy being an NFO but like @BB Poison said don't let your recruiter push you into applying for both if you're not okay with being an NFO if you were to be selected for only that.

space_sailor

Also, you are reaching the limit for age right?

So if you don't get a Pro-Rec-Y this next board - October - will you have enough time to reapply to the following one (date TBD)?

FloridaDad

Also, you are reaching the limit for age right?

So if you don't get a Pro-Rec-Y this next board - October - will you have enough time to reapply to the following one (date TBD)?
There’s a good chance I would need a age waiver for the next board, but just barely and I have an 8 on my FOFAR so I feel quite confident i could get picked up for that.

BB Poison

Contributor
If you'd be happy being a NFO then I think the best course of action would be to apply 1SNA2SNFO. Just remember that means there's a chance you'll be picked up for NFO over pilot. Only way to guarantee you won't get selected for NFO over pilot is to not apply for it (and going by the last board, even that is not enough).

csanfilippo9

I was one of them , I also didn’t know I was a 2SNFO. I had asked my recruiter to take it off. But I got selected as an SNFO with a 6/7/7. I would sit on it a little. I don’t know how to true this is but I heard if you have a score on that’s close they’ll pick you for SNFO.
Putting SNA and SNFO almost guarantees if you get a Y it will be for SNFO
also this^

Jackmerius

I didn't get selected for this past board and am still unsure if I should apply again.

My scores were 55 7/7/7 and this was the first time taking the test. My recruiter made it seem like they were good scores but after seeing other scores that seem pretty average. I'm certain I can get higher scores the second go round but even so unsure if that'll be enough.

I have a PPL and I'm prior navy, but I also am 30 and had a low 2.3 GPA. Should I realistically even bother retesting?

Hello all,

I am in need of an example for my first flag’s endorsement letter. Can anyone assist? His office wants me to send a copy with my package. It’s the last thing I need so any help would be greatly appreciated.

V/r,

GM2