• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

csanfilippo9

I didn't get selected for this past board and am still unsure if I should apply again.

My scores were 55 7/7/7 and this was the first time taking the test. My recruiter made it seem like they were good scores but after seeing other scores that seem pretty average. I'm certain I can get higher scores the second go round but even so unsure if that'll be enough.

I have a PPL and I'm prior navy, but I also am 30 and had a low 2.3 GPA. Should I realistically even bother retesting?
I think age and GPA are working against you. I think a stellar ASTB would help your case retest aim for 8 or 9 pfar

Dboom85

Banned
I didn't get selected for this past board and am still unsure if I should apply again.

My scores were 55 7/7/7 and this was the first time taking the test. My recruiter made it seem like they were good scores but after seeing other scores that seem pretty average. I'm certain I can get higher scores the second go round but even so unsure if that'll be enough.

I have a PPL and I'm prior navy, but I also am 30 and had a low 2.3 GPA. Should I realistically even bother retesting?
It’s the GPA that’s holding you back for sure, I’ve only heard of one person getting selected with gpa less than 2.5 and they had straight 9s…
@flatspinturkeyb

Although ASTB and GPA can indicate to some degree whether or not it is probable to be selected, every applicant is different. I have no flight experience, no prior service, and in my eyes a mediocre 58 7/6/6 astb score as well as a mediocre 3.1 GPA and I was selected for SNA on this past board. If you want this as a career then keep applying, retesting, etc until you run out of opportunities or are told no.

exNavyOffRec

Although ASTB and GPA can indicate to some degree whether or not it is probable to be selected, every applicant is different. I have no flight experience, no prior service, and in my eyes a mediocre 58 7/6/6 astb score as well as a mediocre 3.1 GPA and I was selected for SNA on this past board. If you want this as a career then keep applying, retesting, etc until you run out of opportunities or are told no.
there will always be a few outliers, you are one of those, apply with a 6 is and always will be a long shot, a good plan is to get scores of 8 or 9.

exNavyOffRec

Your score is a red flag, best you can do is retest and shoot for an 8 or 9, if you do that and get denied I think you know what their issue is.

NAVY_16

Does anyone know how much time one has in between OCS graduation and checking in to Pensacola Flight School if we dont do OHARP?