• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 OCT 2017 SWO Board

Decrypt

Checking in. On the board list for Fleet applicants. Not expecting much with my low OAR... Didn't have enough time to retake it before the package was due. Just wanted to see what happens.
Good luck to everyone!

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Your GPA is really good too, that helps balance I imagine. That’s what I’m counting on; I don’t test the best but my GPA is a 3.85 for my cumulative.

Decrypt

Your GPA is really good too, that helps balance I imagine. That’s what I’m counting on; I don’t test the best but my GPA is a 3.85 for my cumulative.

Great points. Some people just aren't good standardized test takers. Your GPA is pretty amazing as well, especially the cumulative. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be selected.
My cumulative is pretty low because I failed a few courses before enlisting. It took some growing up on my part to improve in my academic life.
I know that there are standards for selection in place, but the only people who really know what the board is looking for are the folks who are there running it.

tide7

E-2 FRS
None
Pro-Rec Y for NFO, so I'm checking out. Best of luck to everyone. Hope to see you at OCS.

TeaRex

I'm a little confused now. Did the board meet Monday or is it next Monday? My recruiter called today and said I was selected for swo but waiting for the final select letter. Does that means I'm pro rec y? Almost all my info on this process has come from this site so I guess I'm going to be asking him quite a few questions on Monday.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
I'm a little confused now. Did the board meet Monday or is it next Monday? My recruiter called today and said I was selected for swo but waiting for the final select letter. Does that means I'm pro rec y? Almost all my info on this process has come from this site so I guess I'm going to be asking him quite a few questions on Monday.

The board is convening 30OCT. There was no 23OCT board, that date was from the former board schedule and has since been updated. (See first few posts of this thread)

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

1. Search this thread
2. Anything else ask your OR and/or get clarity.

Decrypt

Being AD I am not too familiar with how the process works on the recruiting side of things. Is it possible that the folks who have received "results" were really finding out if their package made it to the board in the first place?

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Out of curiosity, if someone is selected, if their OCS date is far enough out, can they elect to go to Great Lakes prior to? I asked my recruiter and he said yes but that I'd have to put an enlisted application in too, but that doesn't sound right. I'd like to do this if it's an option, similar to Army and AF not even giving you a choice but to do boot prior to OCS, but nobody seems to know about Navy.