• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 OCT 2017 SWO Board

tide7

E-2 FRS
None
Checking. Good luck everyone!
Applying: Intel, NFO, SWO
B.A.: Political Science, French (May 2016)
GPA: 3.82
ASTB: 63, 7/5/6
Submitted: 18 Aug 2017

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Sooo looks like a lot of females going for SWO this board! It'd be nice to not be the only female in OCS haha Good luck to everyone! I don't know about you guys but I'm dying to find out already. I've had my package submitted since August.

Me too! Submitted since August/before August I mean haha. No news is good news for me thus far on my resubmission.

tide7

E-2 FRS
None
It's too late now really to do anything but expect your name to be automatically removed from the board list.
That's good to know. If I'm not selected for either Intel or NFO, I'll talk to my OR about how to move forward. Thank you again.

tide7

E-2 FRS
None
It's too late now really to do anything but expect your name to be automatically removed from the board list.
My OR told me that he resubmitted my package and shifted NFO to my 1st choice, SWO to my 2nd (Pro-Rec N for Intel, my actual first choice). I'm not sure how this was possible, since we're past the due date, but hopefully that means I'll be considered by the SWO board.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
I’m applying for SWO #2; however, I’ve kinda had my eyes glued to the aviation thread for the past weeks lol

Haha I don't fault you there. AW is, first and foremost, an Aviation forum. I wonder if the small number checking in here is reflective on how many have applied as a whole to this board. I of course know every applicant doesn't find their way to this forum, but it does have me curious.

CK#4

My OR told me that he resubmitted my package and shifted NFO to my 1st choice, SWO to my 2nd (Pro-Rec N for Intel, my actual first choice). I'm not sure how this was possible, since we're past the due date, but hopefully that means I'll be considered by the SWO board.
He either switched it himself, or he he did immediately after the pro-rec N. However, I had SWO as my 3rd choice and I got picked up for SWO when I was originally applying. Having it as your 3rd choice is not an end all otherwise they would let you put 3 choices.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
He either switched it himself, or he he did immediately after the pro-rec N. However, I had SWO as my 3rd choice and I got picked up for SWO when I was originally applying. Having it as your 3rd choice is not an end all otherwise they would let you put 3 choices.

The forms I filled out allowed 5 choices but my recruiter said 3 maximum was wisest, and that even the third option should be one I don’t really want/expect anything of. I’m not certain that the mere allowance of 3 choices means programs that have people applying for them primarily first, sometimes second, would even look at someone that put them third. Simply because they’d probably look last after going through 1 and 2, and by then, I doubt there’d be spots left. Does that makes sense? I’m not certain I worded it all right.

Two7_Nupe

Hello, I’m a “non-prior” & I was told by my recruiter that the SWO board he submitted my kit to, convened last Monday, Oct 16th & I just received my results today (ProRec-N). I’m a bit confused because I didn’t see a Oct 16th SWO board date on the old or updated FY schedule & I assumed that this was the only SWO board scheduled during this time period. I have a picture of the board schedule that he sent me attached below. Does anyone have any information that may assist me regarding this?

Attachments

• AAFA0883-CC5A-486D-A1FF-216D550529EC.jpeg
    AAFA0883-CC5A-486D-A1FF-216D550529EC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 57