• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 OCT 2017 SWO Board

Haha I don't fault you there. AW is, first and foremost, an Aviation forum. I wonder if the small number checking in here is reflective on how many have applied as a whole to this board. I of course know every applicant doesn't find their way to this forum, but it does have me curious.

The low numbers on this board may also be attributed to the fact that I made this thread thinking the board met on October 23rd but in actuality they are meeting on October 30th. October 23, 2017 was the proposed SWO board date for the FY17 schedule but was changed to October 30, 2017 for the FY18 schedule. Either way, I hope there isn't that many applicants haha. Good luck to everyone and hopefully we find out within the next few weeks!

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
The low numbers on this board may also be attributed to the fact that I made this thread thinking the board met on October 23rd but in actuality they are meeting on October 30th. October 23, 2017 was the proposed SWO board date for the FY17 schedule but was changed to October 30, 2017 for the FY18 schedule. Either way, I hope there isn't that many applicants haha. Good luck to everyone and hopefully we find out within the next few weeks!

I considered that but I'd hoped that people would open it and maybe read the first few posts and realize it's meant to be the 30th haha. Oh well. Good luck to all of us! I'm guessing we'll find out first week of November.

_phoenix

Checking in.

Applying: SWO, NFO, SNA
B.S.: Management Information Systems, Marketing (May 2017)
GPA: 3.88
ASTB: 58, 6/6/6
Submitted: 25 Aug 2017

bugchild9

Checking in for this thread.

Applying:
SWO, SWO-OCEANO
GPA: 2.9, Engineering B.S. & M.S.
OAR: 63
Submitted: September 2017

Luke P.

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum, but I began my app for OCS in January of 2017. My top choice is SWO and my second choice is Intelligence. My board date is Oct. 30 like y'all. I had one question, and I was wondering if any of y'all could answer it for me. So I've seen a lot of discussions on how long it takes for people to get there FINSEL, but not a lot of discussions on how long it takes to get their Pro Rec. The recruiter I've been working with said that it varies, but I was still curious about whether there is a typical amount of time that elapses between the board and the Pro Rec. Do any of y'all know?

Also, good luck to y'all!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi guys! I'm new to the forum, but I began my app for OCS in January of 2017. My top choice is SWO and my second choice is Intelligence. My board date is Oct. 30 like y'all. I had one question, and I was wondering if any of y'all could answer it for me. So I've seen a lot of discussions on how long it takes for people to get there FINSEL, but not a lot of discussions on how long it takes to get their Pro Rec. The recruiter I've been working with said that it varies, but I was still curious about whether there is a typical amount of time that elapses between the board and the Pro Rec. Do any of y'all know?

Also, good luck to y'all!

Take a look at previous SWO boards to get a good estimate as to timelines.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
My recruiter told me yesterday that it was unusual, but that the list for who is even going to the board isn't out yet. Wonder what that means. *paces* (we specifically need this information because my application is a resubmission and resubs require passing multiple Gatekeepers first at my NRD and then main NRC :oops:)

Luke P.

So then does that mean that completing your MEPS evaluation without being turned away is not sufficient for your application to be placed before the board?

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
So then does that mean that completing your MEPS evaluation without being turned away is not sufficient for your application to be placed before the board?

No... I specifically mentioned mine is a resubmission. This is try #2 for me. The resubmission rules changed. So I made a change to my kit in the form of a glowing appraisal and LOR from an O6 SWO, and if you only add LORs/Appraisals to your kit instead of work experience, retesting etc., then your kit has to be given permission to go to boards by first your recruiting district, and then the program manager for the program in which you're applying at Big Navy.

nikki4

So I got selected for SNA guys! I guess thats where I'm headed to at this point. Sad to leave all my SWO buddies, but still would love to run into some of you throughout the process of OCS and all. Good luck with results and I'd still love to hear from you all what you're experiencing! :)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
AT BOARD LIST for Fleet Folks is below. I will NOT release the list for NRD applicants, please contact your recruiter if you need verification:

ALCALA ALAN 999
ANDERSON BRADLEY 999
CANTLEY CHASE 999
DIZON ANGELICA 999
DUARTE SANTIAGO LUIS 999
GRUBBS MICHAEL 999
KISLAK NIKOLAY 999
KNIGHT SEAN 999
LAY NATHAN 999
LOKIE SHAWN 999
LUPRATT YANG 999
MADANAT RAWAD 999