• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2021 AMDO

r3coil

Just got mine back today from my skipper. Will be submitting it in a few hours. 2nd attempt for me. AD1 here, 9 years in with super hornet and growler experience. Good luck all.

Just submitted my package today, first one. Good luck to all! Now for the looong wait.
I submitted mine yesterday as well. I haven't received any confirmation of receipt from Mr. Celesting or the Officer App email. How do you know they got it and the package will go to the board? Glad I'm not the only one submitting last minute!

r3coil

I submitted mine yesterday as well. I haven't received any confirmation of receipt from Mr. Celesting or the Officer App email. How do you know they got it and the package will go to the board? Glad I'm not the only one submitting last minute!
I just submitted mine now. I uploaded the files on to dod safe and sent it to ocsapplications@navy.mil directed to Paul Celestin. Then I shot him an email informing him of the passphrase to access the files. Did this process last year as well. Took him about a week to get back to me. He'll let you know of your medical docs are good to go, then he'll let you know if your package is good as well and if it will be forwarded to the board.

r3coil

I just submitted mine now. I uploaded the files on to dod safe and sent it to ocsapplications@navy.mil directed to Paul Celestin. Then I shot him an email informing him of the passphrase to access the files. Did this process last year as well. Took him about a week to get back to me. He'll let you know of your medical docs are good to go, then he'll let you know if your package is good as well and if it will be forwarded to the board.
Sorry I meant sent to officerapplications@navy.mil

bob1sh

I sent it directly to officerapplications and sent Mr. Celestin a separate email. The board was moved up to the 9th so not a lot of room for error.

I had an issue getting my total package scanned under 10MB with it actually being readable, so I emailed Paul. He told me to separate the whole thing into 2 files, application and medical, which worked. Before I got his email though, I FedEx'd a physical copy (as an insurance policy). Hopefully I hear back from him tomorrow. I didn't know the board was moved up to the 9th. How did you hear about that? Seems like there's not a ton of information available, or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.

I had an issue getting my total package scanned under 10MB with it actually being readable, so I emailed Paul. He told me to separate the whole thing into 2 files, application and medical, which worked. Before I got his email though, I FedEx'd a physical copy (as an insurance policy). Hopefully I hear back from him tomorrow. I didn't know the board was moved up to the 9th. How did you hear about that? Seems like there's not a ton of information available, or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.
AMDO community page is a good source of information. They mentioned the board being moved up.

r3coil

Has anyone heard back yet from Mr. Celestin if your package has been forwarded to the board? I saw on the amdo website that the board is on the 9th. I submitted my application on April 1st, but dod safe still says that the files havent been picked up yet. Just a bit worried about my application making it to the board next week.

exNavyOffRec

Has anyone heard back yet from Mr. Celestin if your package has been forwarded to the board? I saw on the amdo website that the board is on the 9th. I submitted my application on April 1st, but dod safe still says that the files havent been picked up yet. Just a bit worried about my application making it to the board next week.

The board members can change the board date, but they still need the applications and those can take a little time to process as it goes to processor, then to PM for review, then to the board, I would reach out to Paul and see what he says on getting your application to the board.

r3coil

The board members can change the board date, but they still need the applications and those can take a little time to process as it goes to processor, then to PM for review, then to the board, I would reach out to Paul and see what he says on getting your application to the board.
Yea I emailed him a couple of hours ago to follow up. The deadline was April 2nd, so hopefully it will make it. Original schedule for the board was April 23rd. Was hoping to submit it sooner, but the routing process took a while.

bob1sh

Yea I emailed him a couple of hours ago to follow up. The deadline was April 2nd, so hopefully it will make it. Original schedule for the board was April 23rd. Was hoping to submit it sooner, but the routing process took a while.

same here, I seriously ran into issues at every stop along the way with mine.. I thought scanning and emailing would be the easiest part but it wasn’t.. but I would imagine as long as it’s post marked/time stamped for before the deadline date we should be fine? This is my first time doing this though so I really don’t know

exNavyOffRec

same here, I seriously ran into issues at every stop along the way with mine.. I thought scanning and emailing would be the easiest part but it wasn’t.. but I would imagine as long as it’s post marked/time stamped for before the deadline date we should be fine? This is my first time doing this though so I really don’t know

not necessarily, there have been many times when applications are submitted right before or at the deadline and they have missed the board, processor out on leave, error in application that needs to be fixed, probably a few other reasons as well.

In most cases processors give more leniency to AD but with 1 week between deadline and board there isn't much wiggle room.

There is a reason the deadlines were expanded and that is to give more time for applications to be processed.

My processor submitted one of my applicants application a week prior to the deadline and due to NRC processor being on leave it missed the board.

The biggest advantage you have is that this is a very small community and very small board, that means minimal applications.

bob1sh

not necessarily, there have been many times when applications are submitted right before or at the deadline and they have missed the board, processor out on leave, error in application that needs to be fixed, probably a few other reasons as well.

In most cases processors give more leniency to AD but with 1 week between deadline and board there isn't much wiggle room.

There is a reason the deadlines were expanded and that is to give more time for applications to be processed.

My processor submitted one of my applicants application a week prior to the deadline and due to NRC processor being on leave it missed the board.

The biggest advantage you have is that this is a very small community and very small board, that means minimal applications.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond and shed some light for me. Fingers are crossed he was able to open the attachments then, haven’t heard back yet.