• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2021 AMDO

r3coil

Hello everyone. I haven't seen any threads on FY21 AMDO applications. Figured I would start one. I will start off with my stats.
AD1(AW)
8 years TIS; Board eligible for CPO
Commands (past to present): VAQ-129; VFA-115; VFA-102
32 years old
Bachelors in Aeronautics (Embry Riddle)
GPA: 3.1
Evals (past to present): EP (Frocking Eval); MP (First E-6 Eval); LOE; MP (Welcome Aboard/New command)
Positions held (past to present): Power Plants ALPO; Full Systems QAR; Troubleshooter LPO; QA LPO; Line LPO
Extra Positions held: Squadron DET LPO in 2018 and 2020
Collateral Duties (past to present): Mentorship Program Coordinator; EAWS Program Coordinator; FCPOA President
OAR: 38 (Its low, I know! Will retake next month)
Awards: NAM x3; MOVSM; 2017 JSOY
PME E-1 through O-3 complete; SEJPME complete; USMAP x2 complete

This will be my first application for OCS. Previously applied for STA-21 in 2013 and 14' - non selection. Good luck everyone!

stassirow

I’m also interested in submitting an application in September.
AD2 (AW)
TIS: 5 years
COLL: Assistant UPC, RPPM, JSA Event Coord.
Primary Duty: ALPO. CDI. PC.
OAR: 54
Degree: Bachelors of Science GPA: 3.3
So far, I will need a field of work waiver.
Any advice or further assistance can help. Thank you

TonyWillingham

ENS, 1520
AT1(AW)
Commands (past to present): VFA-15, VXS-1, VUP-19
30 years old
Applying for SNFO, SNA, & AMDO
Bachelors in Aeronautics (Embry Riddle)
GPA: 3.4
Evals (past to present): MP (welcome aboard), #1 EP, EP (Transfer/1st E-6 Eval), MP (welcome aboard)
Positions held (past to present): Troubleshooter, Line Division ALPO, Avionics ALPO, QAR, W/C 210 & 220 LPO
Collateral Duties: Local Element (Primary), ACFL, EAWS Coordinator, Sailor 360 Training Coordinator, MWR President, SCPOA President, Departmental Career Counselor, Duty Section Leader, Senior Enlisted Watchbill Coordinator
ASTB-E: 49 5/6/6
LORs: O-6, O-5, O-5
Interviews: (All 10’s): O-6 (DCAG CVW-9), O-5, O-5
Awards: NAM x4, FLOC x2, MOVSM, JSOY 2017, SOQ 1st Qtr FY20, JSOQ 2nd qtr FY18, JSOQ 1st qtr FY17, JSOQ 3rd qtr FY14
PPME (Enlisted) & (Officer)

Ashley Wick

Assuming I actually get to my command in the semi near future I will be applying for FY21 as well

AE1(AW) (heading to a ship for the first time so will hopefully have SW before I have to submit my package)
Commands (past to present): VP46 - VQ1 - SFWPMU El Centro - Nimitz
31 years old
Bachelors in Liberal Studies from Arizona State
GPA: 3.25
Evals (past to present): EP (Reg E5), EP (Transfer), EP (E5 closeout), MP ( First E6), EP (Reg E6), EP (transfer).
Positions held (past to present): Troubleshooter, AE ALPO, AE LPO, QAR, Command Career Counselor, Admin LPO, Admin LCPO, Admin O, Avionics LPO
Collateral Duties: ESO, Sailor 360 Training Coordinator, FCPOA Secretary, FCPOA Vice President, Watchbill Coordinator
OAR: 62
LORs: O-5, O-4, CWO-3
Interviews (For FY20. Will update once complete for 21): (All 10’s): O-6, O-5, O-5
Awards: NAM x3, FLOC x2, SOQ 4th Qtr FY19, SOY FY19
BPME, PPME, SEJPME, and all Level 1 DAU courses

r3coil

My TIS waiver request was approved by CNRC, so my application will be forwarded to the AMDO board on October 26th. Good luck to you all.

Nitodc321

My TIS waiver request was approved by CNRC, so my application will be forwarded to the AMDO board on October 26th. Good luck to you all.

So I'm submitting my request for a TIS waiver to CNRC as an enclosure in my package along with my command endorsement and the OCM endorsement. Did you submit your waiver separately from your package or did you submit your package already and it was approved that way?

r3coil

So I'm submitting my request for a TIS waiver to CNRC as an enclosure in my package along with my command endorsement and the OCM endorsement. Did you submit your waiver separately from your package or did you submit your package already and it was approved that way?
Submit those 3 documents together with your package. About two weeks after you submit your package, you should get an email from Mr. Celestin informing you whether your waiver request has been approved or not.

Nitodc321

Submit those 3 documents together with your package. About two weeks after you submit your package, you should get an email from Mr. Celestin informing you whether your waiver request has been approved or not.
Thanks that clears up some of my confusion!

Nitodc321

Just submitted my package to CNRC late yesterday and I figured I should introduce myself. Good luck to everyone applying!

AE1(AW)
Commands (present to past): CJSFW, VFA-101, VFA-14
30 years old
TIS: 10 years
Associates in General Studies East Florida State College, 2008, GPA: 2.71
Bachelors in Military Studies from Ashford University, 2020, GPA: 3.96
Evals (present to past): EP (E5 Closeout), EP (Transfer E5), EP (Reg E5), MP (Reg E5), EP (Transfer E5)
Positions held (present to past): CJSFW Wing Inspector, VFA-101 AE ALPO, CAG-9 ARS LPO, VFA-14 ARS LPO
Collateral Duties: Battery Maintenance Safety Wing Program Manager, EAWS Coordinator, MWR Rep
OAR: 46
Interviews: (All 10’s): O-6, O-5, O-5
Awards: COMM, NAM x3, FLOC, SOQ 2nd Quarter FY 2019, SOQ 3rd Quarter FY 2018, BJOY FY 2012
BPME, PPME, SEJPME, PPME (Officer), USMAP X2

Made First Class cycle 2 2019. This is my first application and am on the fence on how confident I should feel about my chances. I'm also planning to submit a separate package for the upcoming SWO board in 2 weeks but still waiting on my last 2 appraisals to come back to me to complete the package and route it up the chain. Again, good luck to everyone!

Triumph_MAC

Did you have to wait for the waivers to come back before you submitted your package or did you get notification the waivers were good and CNRC forwarded your package from there?

r3coil

Your waiver request, CO's endorsement and endorsement from OCM all get submitted with your package. Mr. Celestin will then contact in 1-2 weeks informing you if your waiver has been approved or not by CNRC. He will let you know if your application will be forwarded to the board.

r3coil

Your waiver request, CO's endorsement and endorsement from OCM all get submitted with your package. Mr. Celestin will then contact in 1-2 weeks informing you if your waiver has been approved or not by CNRC. He will let you know if your application will be forwarded to the board.
By CO's endorsement, I mean your skipper endorsing your waiver request. Don't get that mixed up with the actual CO's endorsement of your application.