• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

enzy24

I've been going through the "1,001 questions about the ASTB" post, but don't believe I have seen that yet. Is it in there?
It is, since you have a decent OAR you might also want to try this sim if you haven't seen it. You've done the actual test so you know how similar/dissimilar this is to the actual pbm portion but it's definitely a helpful tool

Antman411

OCS Applicant
It is, since you have a decent OAR you might also want to try this sim if you haven't seen it. You've done the actual test so you know how similar/dissimilar this is to the actual pbm portion but it's definitely a helpful tool
Thank you! I feel like I struggled a lot with that portion. Mostly trying to comprehend the inverted stick, which seems to be the general consensus.

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
I just got the email from Mr. Celestin that said I’m officially in the November board! I’m so excited to atleast know for sure now! It calmed my nerves slightly, but I’m still a ball of stress?

DxVFHg

25/M
Non prior/ No flight
OAR: 62
ASTB: 7/6/6 (very much incline towards retake)
Degree: MS in Information System
GPA: 3.4

Was at the last board for NFO only since I also submitted for other boards, recruiter called saying I was unofficially Pro-Rec Y about three weeks before the results were officially released. Came the day the file was uploaded found myself in the Pro-Rec N rows. I don't know how often this happens but certainly another lesson in don't trust anything in the Navy until seeing it in black ink on white paper.

Certainly mistakes were made in my application processes. First I dropped out of NOV 20 board due to miscommunications with my recruiter. Then I was Pro-Rec N for the OCT 20 Supply board; I admit I was a bit overconfidence with the prospects of being pick for that. My packet should be at the AUG SWO board but now I am very much more leaning towards aiming for aviation so if I do get pick more reckoning ahead. I guess my only option is now back to the grind with getting more LORs and retaking the ASTB I suppose. It surely sucks that I was out of a full time job the whole time after I graduated and student loan repayments are kicking in with the suspension running out in September...

exNavyOffRec

25/M
Non prior/ No flight
OAR: 62
ASTB: 7/6/6 (very much incline towards retake)
Degree: MS in Information System
GPA: 3.4

Was at the last board for NFO only since I also submitted for other boards, recruiter called saying I was unofficially Pro-Rec Y about three weeks before the results were officially released. Came the day the file was uploaded found myself in the Pro-Rec N rows. I don't know how often this happens but certainly another lesson in don't trust anything in the Navy until seeing it in black ink on white paper.

Certainly mistakes were made in my application processes. First I dropped out of NOV 20 board due to miscommunications with my recruiter. Then I was Pro-Rec N for the OCT 20 Supply board; I admit I was a bit overconfidence with the prospects of being pick for that. My packet should be at the AUG SWO board but now I am very much more leaning towards aiming for aviation so if I do get pick more reckoning ahead. I guess my only option is now back to the grind with getting more LORs and retaking the ASTB I suppose. It surely sucks that I was out of a full time job the whole time after I graduated and student loan repayments are kicking in with the suspension running out in September...
He probably looked at something wrong, you don't go from a Y to a N for no reason.

What's up everyone looking for some nice gauge on ASTB test practice material. Looking to submit package for NOV board date, testing next two weeks any suggestions that you all have used to help better prepare yourself for this big exam?

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
What's up everyone looking for some nice gauge on ASTB test practice material. Looking to submit package for NOV board date, testing next two weeks any suggestions that you all have used to help better prepare yourself for this big exam?
Yea check out the thread named "1,001 questions about the ASTB". Let us know if you need help finding it. I'd link to it but sometimes my links are broken.

exNavyOffRec

How does the unofficial results work at all? Are they reliable enough to take with a grain of salt?

Generally they are spot on, it is often they look in the computer and see and OCS date, in many cases the processor will look so he or she may have looked at the wrong person, the book the OCS dates from the list of Pro Y's given to them by the board and only those pro Y will have an OCS date put in.

I wouldn’t even entertain it. The word “unofficial” by itself is what does it for me. It’s like your setting yourself up to play with your emotions.
not really, well except in this others guys case, "unofficial" just means they haven't been sent to the field, the selection are made and the board members are out of the loop afterwards, in the past they would get the list from the board, hit print, sign, scan, and email out with days of the board, now they have to add all the OCS dates, that is all that has changed. Someone probably looked at the wrong person, even before mistakes would be made, list was received, printed, pages became mixed up and a page of the pro N was switched with a page of the pro Y, a few people were told they were a Y when they were not.

BDavis11

Contributor
Generally they are spot on, it is often they look in the computer and see and OCS date, in many cases the processor will look so he or she may have looked at the wrong person, the book the OCS dates from the list of Pro Y's given to them by the board and only those pro Y will have an OCS date put in.

not really, well except in this others guys case, "unofficial" just means they haven't been sent to the field, the selection are made and the board members are out of the loop afterwards, in the past they would get the list from the board, hit print, sign, scan, and email out with days of the board, now they have to add all the OCS dates, that is all that has changed. Someone probably looked at the wrong person, even before mistakes would be made, list was received, printed, pages became mixed up and a page of the pro N was switched with a page of the pro Y, a few people were told they were a Y when they were not.
Oh that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Antman411

OCS Applicant
I just checked in to VP-1 up in Whidbey! You? And thanks for the info. The feel slightly more at ease now haha
Hey! Did you have issues going through medical in Whidbey as far as getting the flight physical/anthro measurements and EKG complete? They are trying to tell me they only do it AFTER selection to the program, but from what I've gathered, the package won't be forwarded to the board with that portion missing.

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
Hey! Did you have issues going through medical in Whidbey as far as getting the flight physical/anthro measurements and EKG complete? They are trying to tell me they only do it AFTER selection to the program, but from what I've gathered, the package won't be forwarded to the board with that portion missing.
So I actually did all of my flight physical stuff in Oceana before I transferred here back in February. I have a buddy here that tried scheduling a flight physical for the AVO program and they told him the same thing. I find that extremely odd, because part of the checklist for us is to submit our medical paperwork to NAMI and get approved PRIOR to submitting our application. I would shoot Paul an email and explain to them what they told you and see if maybe there was a change to procedures and it just isn't reflected anywhere we can see it yet. Because the corpsman read out verbatim off of an instruction she had stating that physicals are to be completed after the fact. What are you applying for?