• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
AT1(AW/SW) 10 years Active Duty
ASTB- 46/5/6/6
BS- Electrical Engineering Technology
GPA- 2.6
Age- 29
Applying for NFO.
Previously applied for STA-21 in 2019, didn’t get selected so I decided to get my degree and pursue OCS. Test scores aren’t the best but still ok. I do have really good letters of recommendation and I think I had some pretty good personal statements and stuff. I am a little worried looking at everyone I’m up against, my test scores and GPA are average (actually probably a little lower than average) but qualify.

I still have yet to receive an email showing receipt of my package, how long does it take them to respond and let you know it’s been received? Also, will they write back and let you know if anything needs attention? I know I didn’t forget anything but I just have this feeling like I did and their lack of response has me worried lol. I emailed Mr. Celestin (I know for a fact I have the correct email I’ve been in touch with him a lot over the last year).
Anyways, good luck to you all! I’m nervous as shit over here but trying to stay confident considering my life circumstances (3 kids, one of those being a baby, and going through school to get my BS while being the LPO of my work center) I think I put forth the absolute best package I could in this time.

BDavis11

Contributor
ASTB- 46/5/6/6
GPA- 2.6
Age- 29
Applying for NFO.
Previously applied for STA-21 in 2019, didn’t get selected so I decided to get my degree and pursue OCS. Test scores aren’t the best but still ok. I do have really good letters of recommendation and I think I had some pretty good personal statements and stuff. I am a little worried looking at everyone I’m up against, my test scores and GPA are average (actually probably a little lower than average) but qualify.

I still have yet to receive an email showing receipt of my package, how long does it take them to respond and let you know it’s been received? Also, will they write back and let you know if anything needs attention? I know I didn’t forget anything but I just have this feeling like I did and their lack of response has me worried lol. I emailed Mr. Celestin (I know for a fact I have the correct email I’ve been in touch with him a lot over the last year).
Anyways, good luck to you all! I’m nervous as shit over here but trying to stay confident considering my life circumstances (3 kids, one of those being a baby, and going through school to get my BS while being the LPO of my work center) I think I put forth the absolute best package I could in this time.
It takes a couple of days for a confirmation email. It may vary depending on when he processes it. Yes he will let you know if anything is missing. Off topic, where are u stationed?

exNavyOffRec

ASTB- 46/5/6/6
GPA- 2.6
Age- 29
Applying for NFO.

Make sure you keep up the studying for the ASTB, your scores are close to minimums and you want to be prepared to retest and use that as a reason to resubmit right away.

JoeBob1788

You can also call Mr Paul directly if you have specific questions, he’s responsive and very helpful. His number is in his email signature.

I mostly lurk but submitted my package shortly before the Aug board deadline, my age waiver wasn’t approved until after the deadline. As I understand it I will probably be looked at by the Nov board, though Paul said it could go either way.

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
It takes a couple of days for a confirmation email. It may vary depending on when he processes it. Yes he will let you know if anything is missing. Off topic, where are u stationed?
I just checked in to VP-1 up in Whidbey! You? And thanks for the info. The feel slightly more at ease now haha

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
Make sure you keep up the studying for the ASTB, your scores are close to minimums and you want to be prepared to retest and use that as a reason to resubmit right away.
I considered retesting but that was my second time taking it (the first time I took it it was super awkward and I took it in port in Bahrain it felt very rushed and I didn’t have a lot of study resources) and I got a 3/4/4. So, I was actually very happy with the progress I made, considering going through my degree my brain was complete mush lol. If I don’t get picked up I’ll reconsider retesting, but the fear of doing worse and then that being my last attempt and it replacing my scores with worse ones is a little daunting. I’m hoping other aspects of my package make up for it.

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
Thanks for the feedback guys. I got word from Paul Celestin today that my medical has been reviewed and that I was found fit, and that my package has been submitted to the board for “the next eligible board” so I’m not sure what that means. I wasn’t given a lot of info but I’m assuming that will be November.

exNavyOffRec

I considered retesting but that was my second time taking it (the first time I took it it was super awkward and I took it in port in Bahrain it felt very rushed and I didn’t have a lot of study resources) and I got a 3/4/4. So, I was actually very happy with the progress I made, considering going through my degree my brain was complete mush lol. If I don’t get picked up I’ll reconsider retesting, but the fear of doing worse and then that being my last attempt and it replacing my scores with worse ones is a little daunting. I’m hoping other aspects of my package make up for it.
I am not saying retest before going to board, I am saying keep studying because if you get a "N" you will need to do something to give yourself a better shot, that would be better scores. I would roll the dice on your 6 and maybe you will get lucky.