• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
I am not saying retest before going to board, I am saying keep studying because if you get a "N" you will need to do something to give yourself a better shot, that would be better scores. I would roll the dice on your 6 and maybe you will get lucky.
Thanks for the feedback! I’ll definitely start studying soon and be ready in the case that I do not got selected!

BDavis11

Contributor
Thanks for the feedback! I’ll definitely start studying soon and be ready in the case that I do not got selected!
I feel you on that retest. I was in the same boat and took it twice. However all the gouge on here is what I used for the second attempt and I had significant improvement.

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
I feel you on that retest. I was in the same boat and took it twice. However all the gouge on here is what I used for the second attempt and I had significant improvement.
It’s so scary to think I could do worse and ruin my chances forever! Lol. But life is a gamble so I may have to just go for it:/

BDavis11

Contributor
It’s so scary to think I could do worse and ruin my chances forever! Lol. But life is a gamble so I may have to just go for it:/
same regards i had. Guess we both will find out soon enough lol. I don't know how much better I can do for the second portion of the test. I played with a flight simulator for months. Felt like i did worse on the part the second time but my scores improved. go figue.

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
same regards i had. Guess we both will find out soon enough lol. I don't know how much better I can do for the second portion of the test. I played with a flight simulator for months. Felt like i did worse on the part the second time but my scores improved. go figue.
Lol man it’s tough! Like I improved my scores a lot the second time but that’s not saying much because my scores were complete trash the first time lol. But you’re right we’ll find out soon hopefully it’s good news for us both!

JMT865

Hypothetically... after being selected, what is the process that takes place after that? I know eventually we will have to take the PRT to make sure we are physically fit to attend OCS, then swear in, but is there anything else? What is the timeline?

Hadoukei

Lol man it’s tough! Like I improved my scores a lot the second time but that’s not saying much because my scores were complete trash the first time lol. But you’re right we’ll find out soon hopefully it’s good news for us both!
I did absolute trash the first time too.. 39 2/3/4 what did you specifically do to improve it? I'm trying to revamp my studying, the semester starts the 23rd of Aug and my potential retest date would be Aug 24th, any tips?

BDavis11

Contributor
I did absolute trash the first time too.. 39 2/3/4 what did you specifically do to improve it? I'm trying to revamp my studying, the semester starts the 23rd of Aug and my potential retest date would be Aug 24th, any tips?
Best thing you can do is go to the astb thread and find kyles gouge and study that stuff. Literally the closest thing to the test.

Antman411

OCS Applicant
Hey y’all,
I’m late to joining but just finished my degree and shooting for the board. I’m a 12 year AE1 (AW/SW) that’s got PA106 on my side.
5/5/5 44. BS Aeronautics.
I have some pretty strong (I think) appraisals.
How are my chances? First time submitting after pursing my BS from a STA-21 non selection in 2017.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Hey y’all,
I’m late to joining but just finished my degree and shooting for the board. I’m a 12 year AE1 (AW/SW) that’s got PA106 on my side.
5/5/5 44. BS Aeronautics.
I have some pretty strong (I think) appraisals.
How are my chances? First time submitting after pursing my BS from a STA-21 non selection in 2017.

I would study for a ASTB retake, 5's are the minimums and you see very few that get picked up with minimums, appraisals are nice but they don't help much with aviation as they are looking for people who have a good chance of making through the aviation pipeline and that is why they put so much weight on the ASTB.

Antman411

OCS Applicant
I would study for a ASTB retake, 5's are the minimums and you see very few that get picked up with minimums, appraisals are nice but they don't help much with aviation as they are looking for people who have a good chance of making through the aviation pipeline and that is why they put so much weight on the ASTB.
That’s what I was thinking but wanted to at least throw my name in the hat while I work on doing that. Now that I got the degree done I can focus on that.

BDavis11

Contributor
That’s what I was thinking but wanted to at least throw my name in the hat while I work on doing that. Now that I got the degree done I can focus on that.
Kyles gouge is the best source for material o study and help improve those scores. And don’t ask the age old “what are my chance?” They will have a field day with that on here lol.

Antman411

OCS Applicant
Kyles gouge is the best source for material o study and help improve those scores. And don’t ask the age old “what are my chance?” They will have a field day with that on here lol.
Isn’t that what all the cool kids ask though? Lol

58 8/8/7
PPL
3.35 GPA
Political Science
Current AFROTC senior looking to “bow” over to Navy
Passed Class 1 flight physical for the Air Force already
Top 19 out of 550 cadets at summer training this year in ROTC

These are some strengths and stats for me, I’m very new to this site in general and new to what is competitive/what the Navy is looking for. Should I retake my ASTB or anticipate applying again? Definitely don’t have the experience or resume that prior active duty guys have.