• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

JoeBob1788

I'm wondering the same thing. Cause anthros are definitely in the OCS checklist for NFO/Pilot. Not on the medical part, like the main checklist for the application.

I used the Fleet Officer OCS Application Checklist Rev 2018. It’s the only checklist I used. The 1420.1 application doesn’t deal with medical, and you submit the med paperwork and everything else to Paul as two separate documents.

like I said, coming from a very small Det I was able minimize going through anyone (except my parent command CO of course) and it simplified everything. Take control of your own checklist; if the checklist says get it, get it and submit it. If it’s not on the checklist, don’t worry about it until Paul says he’s not submitting your application because you need something else. (Didn’t happen to me!) Don’t overthink and don’t let people less familiar with the process (because they aren’t invested in it like you are) add extra things they think might apply. Just my two cents.

JoeBob1788

I showed them both of these.
They are saying no EKG even though its even on their local checklist for Commissioning Physicals and clearly stated on the Fleet Checklist (030). I was also told I only need HIV draw although (033) shows additional LAB (pretty sure this is fasting glucose levels, etc.)

that is so strange. If you’ve showed them the checklist and they’re still not budging, maybe your LPO or chief could help, or get an email from Paul saying that you do in fact need it. Some people…

Antman411

OCS Applicant
that is so strange. If you’ve showed them the checklist and they’re still not budging, maybe your LPO or chief could help, or get an email from Paul saying that you do in fact need it. Some people…
I am my LPO lol and I've got my flight doc on my side and discussed this with him yesterday. He went straight to the lead flight surgeon over at our clinic and this was the gouge HE was given as well but also found it strange. I emailed Paul in hopes I have it in black and white that straight forward states "this is required to forward to the board." We will see what happens. Fighting these battles are half the fun of the application process ha.

JoeBob1788

I am my LPO lol and I've got my flight doc on my side and discussed this with him yesterday. He went straight to the lead flight surgeon over at our clinic and this was the gouge HE was given as well but also found it strange. I emailed Paul in hopes I have it in black and white that straight forward states "this is required to forward to the board." We will see what happens. Fighting these battles are half the fun of the application process ha.

hahaha “I am my LPO” that’s awesome. Lots of confusion but at least folks are getting stuff done! I’m not sure why they wouldn’t just give you the EKG if it’s on the checklist, it’s not like an EKG is that hard. I thought I was going to have to go to Whidbey for a flight physical, but the Bangor one fit the application requirements. I suspect, being flight docs, they’re going above and beyond and getting you a full flight physical thinking that’s what you need and getting confused because the checklist is asking for a lesser physical.

good luck! I’ll feel better when I see my name on an actual at board list, but submitting and having medical approved and my age waiver approved feels a lot better than trying to get everything in.

Antman411

OCS Applicant
Haha like I am the LPO of my work center. Best of luck, I’m glad you’re able to get it all good to go! Cheers!

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
hahaha “I am my LPO” that’s awesome. Lots of confusion but at least folks are getting stuff done! I’m not sure why they wouldn’t just give you the EKG if it’s on the checklist, it’s not like an EKG is that hard. I thought I was going to have to go to Whidbey for a flight physical, but the Bangor one fit the application requirements. I suspect, being flight docs, they’re going above and beyond and getting you a full flight physical thinking that’s what you need and getting confused because the checklist is asking for a lesser physical.

good luck! I’ll feel better when I see my name on an actual at board list, but submitting and having medical approved and my age waiver approved feels a lot better than trying to get everything in.
That's what I am gathering as well. Even though Oceana had no issues giving me literally anything I asked for, it seems they might have treated it as if I am already flying and just added everything they could think of. I made sure everything that was in my checklist was done but they added wayyyy more shit to my package than what was in the checklist. I just figured they knew better than me, I just fix airplanes lol. I hate going to medical I swear to God...

exNavyOffRec

But wouldn't N3M require having an EKG and eye exam to give approval? I'd imagine they need to see you're medically qualified to apply for the pilot option before approving?
nope, N3M just looks at basic qualifications, at OCS they will do an in depth evaluation, this is not just for aviation but also subs.

Antman411

OCS Applicant
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. Now onto my next question for my fellow AD cats lol if you guys took NCPACE courses, but got transfer credit to your graduating university, did you need to request transcripts from those schools? i.e. got my degree from ERAU but took NCPACE course through Central Texas College and Richmond College. I see the application says transcripts from ALL colleges attended.
Hope I'm not getting too annoying with these questions lol I just want to make sure I don't miss anything or do I need to chill and stop looking so deep into things?

JoeBob1788

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. Now onto my next question for my fellow AD cats lol if you guys took NCPACE courses, but got transfer credit to your graduating university, did you need to request transcripts from those schools? i.e. got my degree from ERAU but took NCPACE course through Central Texas College and Richmond College. I see the application says transcripts from ALL colleges attended.
Hope I'm not getting too annoying with these questions lol I just want to make sure I don't miss anything or do I need to chill and stop looking so deep into things?

Yes, all schools.

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
You’re not annoying! I honestly would double check with Paul. I would, just so that there is no room for error. Unless you have proof of it in your JST that may suffice?

Cpfrome

Cfro
44 5/6/6..thinking about possibly retesting before next months application deadline..?
GPA 2.65 Ocean Engineering
Currently AD

exNavyOffRec

44 5/6/6..thinking about possibly retesting before next months application deadline..?
GPA 2.65 Ocean Engineering
Currently AD
A retest wouldn't be bad, however given that they have pushed people who apply closer to the deadline it might be better to see what happens and keep studying, then if a "N" retest and resubmit ASAP.

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
Y'all I am literally retarded with these spreadsheets. How do I input my data into it? Don't make fun of me I'm just not good at this?

drivefasturnleft

Taking the ASTB August 16th. Any chance I can make the September 16th deadline and SNA/NFO board for November if I am just getting started?