• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

JoeBob1788

So I actually did all of my flight physical stuff in Oceana before I transferred here back in February. I have a buddy here that tried scheduling a flight physical for the AVO program and they told him the same thing. I find that extremely odd, because part of the checklist for us is to submit our medical paperwork to NAMI and get approved PRIOR to submitting our application. I would shoot Paul an email and explain to them what they told you and see if maybe there was a change to procedures and it just isn't reflected anywhere we can see it yet. Because the corpsman read out verbatim off of an instruction she had stating that physicals are to be completed after the fact. What are you applying for?
My checklist did not have a NAMI section… all I submitted was from the OCS checklist and that worked. NAMI comes during OCS I thought, and I think that’s what @exNavyOffRe c was saying as well.

Attachments

• D42C2D8F-58BF-403E-9FF9-F25BA5DB8017.png
    D42C2D8F-58BF-403E-9FF9-F25BA5DB8017.png
    434 KB · Views: 25

Antman411

OCS Applicant
So I actually did all of my flight physical stuff in Oceana before I transferred here back in February. I have a buddy here that tried scheduling a flight physical for the AVO program and they told him the same thing. I find that extremely odd, because part of the checklist for us is to submit our medical paperwork to NAMI and get approved PRIOR to submitting our application. I would shoot Paul an email and explain to them what they told you and see if maybe there was a change to procedures and it just isn't reflected anywhere we can see it yet. Because the corpsman read out verbatim off of an instruction she had stating that physicals are to be completed after the fact. What are you applying for?
Ahh. I had a feeling you got it done before hand. Interesting. I emailed Paul this morning and I'm anxiously awaiting a replying. I called my buddy that is a corpsman at NAMI and him and another guy from over there said that's not right. He was going to do more research to make sure things didn't change but it sounds like its still supposed to be done PRIOR to submitting. Oh well, just another thing to test my determination for applying lol

Antman411

OCS Applicant
My checklist did not have a NAMI section… all I submitted was from the OCS checklist and that worked. NAMI comes during OCS I thought, and I think that’s what @exNavyOffRe c was saying as well.
Right, but what they are telling me is that those items aren't required to be done (EKG, anthro) even though it clearly states it on the checklist. NAMI reviews it to approve waivers if needed.

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
All of my flight physical (EKG, anthros, physical, everything) once signed off by my flight doctor went to NAMI for approval. Once I got the approval from NAMI is when I was good to apply.

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
Ahh. I had a feeling you got it done before hand. Interesting. I emailed Paul this morning and I'm anxiously awaiting a replying. I called my buddy that is a corpsman at NAMI and him and another guy from over there said that's not right. He was going to do more research to make sure things didn't change but it sounds like its still supposed to be done PRIOR to submitting. Oh well, just another thing to test my determination for applying lol
Yea I am not sure where people are getting their info from or what's changed since just this February when I did mine. I got all of my medical stuff done at branch medical, my corpsman sent it to NAMI and then I got a nice little paper form NAMI with subject "Qualification for Duty Involving Flying" which stated that after review of my flight physical I am found fit for commissioning and flight duty. I then submitted my package to Paul, he sent my medical paperwork to their internal shit and I got another nice little paper that says that I am qualified for restricted line, unrestricted line, and staff corps commissioning.

JoeBob1788

I didn’t get anthro but got the EKG. I took that checklist to medical, and they had their own commissioning physical checklist that matched and included the EKG. I’m not sure why they’re not working with you, with clear instructions that you need an EKG.

I’ll call Paul on Monday, unless you get a hold of him first, but he submitted my application to the board with no NAMI letter, just the CNRC one. I didn’t talk to anyone except Paul when going through this process, as my small Det doesn’t have an HM or IDC. I just followed the application checklist to the T and then asked Paul if everything was good, and he said yes. Perhaps I missed some info or just missed some confusion, either way I’ll be at the November board!

Antman411

OCS Applicant
Yea I am not sure where people are getting their info from or what's changed since just this February when I did mine. I got all of my medical stuff done at branch medical, my corpsman sent it to NAMI and then I got a nice little paper form NAMI with subject "Qualification for Duty Involving Flying" which stated that after review of my flight physical I am found fit for commissioning and flight duty. I then submitted my package to Paul, he sent my medical paperwork to their internal shit and I got another nice little paper that says that I am qualified for restricted line, unrestricted line, and staff corps commissioning.
That's exactly how I understood the process goes. Thank you for the sanity check

exNavyOffRec

I have a feeling those at aviation commands have medical that is getting confused as to what they need to do, so they are sending it to NAMI when it needs to go to NRC, not a bad thing, but it is causing confusion and possibly even delays.

exNavyOffRec

I didn’t get anthro but got the EKG. I took that checklist to medical, and they had their own commissioning physical checklist that matched and included the EKG. I’m not sure why they’re not working with you, with clear instructions that you need an EKG.

I’ll call Paul on Monday, unless you get a hold of him first, but he submitted my application to the board with no NAMI letter, just the CNRC one. I didn’t talk to anyone except Paul when going through this process, as my small Det doesn’t have an HM or IDC. I just followed the application checklist to the T and then asked Paul if everything was good, and he said yes. Perhaps I missed some info or just missed some confusion, either way I’ll be at the November board!
you just need the N3M letter to go to board.

Antman411

OCS Applicant

Were you going off the Fleet Officer Application Checklist (Rev. Jul 2018)? Or the one from the 1420?

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
Yea its definitely confusing! I don't know why it isn't the same across the board. Maybe they are treating them the same way that they treat the pilots/NFOs and aircrew and sending them all the way up thinking that's the way they have to do it? I mean I had no issues, but I guess I can see how the process could get someone hung up? That's how I did it but I also have no waivers or anything so it was pretty quick. And I'm an AT not an HM lol so they tell me "ok this has to get sent up to NAMI wait 1 month for results" I say "Ok, sounds good" haha like I would have never known any different.

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
Were you going off the Fleet Officer Application Checklist (Rev. Jul 2018)? Or the one from the 1420?
I'm wondering the same thing. Cause anthros are definitely in the OCS checklist for NFO/Pilot. Not on the medical part, like the main checklist for the application.

Antman411

OCS Applicant
I showed them both of these.
They are saying no EKG even though its even on their local checklist for Commissioning Physicals and clearly stated on the Fleet Checklist (030). I was also told I only need HIV draw although (033) shows additional LAB (pretty sure this is fasting glucose levels, etc.)

Attachments

• Fleet Officer (OCS) Application Checklist (July 2018).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • OCS Checklist.pdf
    251.1 KB · Views: 10