• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

14 FEB 2021 OCS

shoemaker

Ok, I spoke with another person from the NRD office and he did confirm that report no later then 01/31/2021 for quarantine.

How has everyone’s preparation been going for knowledge and fitness? What are some essential and recommended items to bring to OCS?

There's a list on the OTC website for recommended items, although I heard that it might be a good idea to bring as little as possible because we'll be moving rooms a couple of times.

I haven't really prepared for knowledge yet, though. I'll be graduating in a couple of weeks so I was planning on spending the time between graduation and ROM cramming Appendix B...

villo0692

Hello people, congratulations on getting selected to OCS. Had a quick question for all of you in this February class.....which board did you guys take part on? meaning, which month? I am applying to the January board and would like to estimate roughly how long would I have to wait to go to OCS after (and if) I get selected

wyoon

I'm AD and it seems like our process is different a little. The most official thing I got was a letter stating my class and rom dates. Still waiting on official orders.

C@nn@r

Still waiting to figure out a swear in date. Should hopefully be sometime in December-January. Has anyone been studying Appendix C knowledge?

BrandonJLawson

Ok, I spoke with another person from the NRD office and he did confirm that report no later then 01/31/2021 for quarantine.

How has everyone’s preparation been going for knowledge and fitness? What are some essential and recommended items to bring to OCS?
I just graduated from OCS... I'd recommend bringing a blanket and keeping it in your two-drawer during the day so that you don't have to worry so much about making your rack.

wyoon

Still waiting to figure out a swear in date. Should hopefully be sometime in December-January. Has anyone been studying Appendix C knowledge?
Been studying appendix B. Been told to know that verbatim becaude its inspectable. I think I saw it written in the instruction somewhere.

C@nn@r

I just graduated from OCS... I'd recommend bringing a blanket and keeping it in your two-drawer during the day so that you don't have to worry so much about making your rack.
That’s a great idea! How much stuff can you bring with you? What all would you recommend bringing?

BrandonJLawson

That’s a great idea! How much stuff can you bring with you? What all would you recommend bringing?
For ROM, you can really bring as much as you want. When indoc actually starts, you’ll put everything that’s contraband in the lucky bag room. For ROM, I would HIGHLY recommend bringing a notebook and pen to take notes on the online material, as you will take a test on the lectures at the end of ROM that will count towards your overall OCS grade. Also be sure to bring lots of snacks and protein powder because the food really isn’t very good nor does it provide much nutrition. When I left, it just started to get cold, and will continue to be pretty cold by the time y’all get there, so bring some warm clothes for PT outside.

C@nn@r

For ROM, you can really bring as much as you want. When indoc actually starts, you’ll put everything that’s contraband in the lucky bag room. For ROM, I would HIGHLY recommend bringing a notebook and pen to take notes on the online material, as you will take a test on the lectures at the end of ROM that will count towards your overall OCS grade. Also be sure to bring lots of snacks and protein powder because the food really isn’t very good nor does it provide much nutrition. When I left, it just started to get cold, and will continue to be pretty cold by the time y’all get there, so bring some warm clothes for PT outside.
During ROM do you wear a uniform or civilian clothes? So you can bring your own food? Are you allowed to go to the cafeteria? Once OCS officially starts I’m assuming they’ll take most of your stuff away.

BrandonJLawson

During ROM do you wear a uniform or civilian clothes? So you can bring your own food? Are you allowed to go to the cafeteria? Once OCS officially starts I’m assuming they’ll take most of your stuff away.
Civies during ROM. You can bring food and order items from Amazon. You will not being going to the galley regularly for every meal until first Friday of indoc. And yes, most of your stuff will be put in the lucky bag room the night before indoc starts.