• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

14 FEB 2021 OCS

It’s really difficult to find material that are recent. I really focused on the Navy vocabulary which I believed was a big chunk of my OAR. But if you just search Navy OAR study guide and just look through different ones you should be all set. Don’t be nervous to take it once to just get the feel of how the test is and what it is going to ask. You get to take it three times. For the timeline on board reviews, mine I believed took about three months. I promise you it will be the longest months waiting. And for the timeline on when you will leave for OCS, I got my results in June but since I am graduating college in December I had to wait till after I get my diploma to leave, but for me it will only be 2 months waiting.
Thank you so much I really apappreciate it. I’ll begin studying and try and find a testing center for the test. I will have my degree next month and applying for the February 2021 board.

wyoon

Congrats all. With only 3 months left to prep, I've been PT'ing a lot more (at least trying) and studying/memorizing appendix B. I've heard from multiple sources, mentors included, that knowing appendix B verbatim will make the pain a little more bearable. I've attached it for anyone else's viewing pleasure. Finally found the website, that could also be useful. The OCS website linked to NPC kept giving me errors. https://www.netc.navy.mil/Commands/Naval-Service-Training-Command/OTCN/OCS/

Attachments

• OTCNINST 1520.6K Appendix B.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 243
Last edited:

C@nn@r

What has everyone been studying for required knowledge? What has everyone been using to study for appendix B and C? Does anyone have an update OCR? I’ve been able to find one from 2017/2018. The appendix varies from source to source.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Congrats all. With only 3 months left to prep, I've been PT'ing a lot more (at least trying) and studying/memorizing appendix B. I've heard from multiple sources, mentors included, that knowing appendix B verbatim will make the pain a little more bearable. I've attached it for anyone else's viewing pleasure. Finally found the website, that could also be useful. The OCS website linked to NPC kept giving me errors. https://www.netc.navy.mil/Commands/Naval-Service-Training-Command/OTCN/OCS/

Good stuff. I am suppose to be getting my gouge any day now...

wyoon

What has everyone been studying for required knowledge? What has everyone been using to study for appendix B and C? Does anyone have an update OCR? I’ve been able to find one from 2017/2018. The appendix varies from source to source.
Just by going off of appendix B I would imagine that the latest version is "K" from 2018. That is what is referenced on the OCS website and NPC when it was still up. Could you provide link or share what you have?

C@nn@r

Here are two links I have used to study both appendix B and C knowledge. I know the big things to focus on are ranks (Marine and Navy), insignia, songs, sailors creed, oath of office, code of conduct, watch standing principles, general order of a sentry, and phonetic alphabet.
I am not sure however if I need to know the 15 leadership characteristics, levels/types of combat, and all of the designator insignia verbatim as well.

wyoon

Here are two links I have used to study both appendix B and C knowledge. I know the big things to focus on are ranks (Marine and Navy), insignia, songs, sailors creed, oath of office, code of conduct, watch standing principles, general order of a sentry, and phonetic alphabet.
I am not sure however if I need to know the 15 leadership characteristics, levels/types of combat, and all of the designator insignia verbatim as well.

There seems to be a heavier emphasis on app B because it is inspect-able; not excluding C,D, & etc.

C@nn@r

There seems to be a heavier emphasis on app B because it is inspect-able; not excluding C,D, & etc.
True, it is strange that different links have variations amongst the appendix B sections with some containing more or less information. I guess just learn as much as possible?!

SeaShine

Contributor
I'm in this class! I look forward to meeting all of you! Anyone interested in doing Zoom before we go? I thought it would be cool to kinda PowWow before we arrive <3

SeaShine

Contributor
I feel like the quarantine is going to ruin our scores. I heard OCS makes it hard enough to begin with.
I understand what you're saying, but quarantine should have no effect on physical readiness. In fact, the workout guide published by OTC, actually recommends that we do not workout two weeks prior to class convening. If you are physically fit, you should not experience any noticeable degradation of your physical abilities. I had similar concerns, but we should be more than fine. From what I've heard, you should arrive fit enough to run 3 miles, 3 times a week, in addition to HIIT workouts throughout each day.

SeaShine

Contributor
True, it is strange that different links have variations amongst the appendix B sections with some containing more or less information. I guess just learn as much as possible?!
I would use the packet published on the OTC website to study. That packet has the best and most current information.

KGorby

Does the PFT now for sure include the plank in place of the previous crunch? I have been working on both just in case but my recruiter was not 100% if the plank is official or not. Any idea on the structure of the 2 week quarantine yet?
The fleet was set to start planks FY21 cycle 2 (Spring 2021) PFA. But the past two PFAs have been canceled so I'm unclear if its required yet. Although I did hear they are doing planks at the academy so maybe. Sorry, that's as clear of an answer I can give.