• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

djguernsey

Pro-Rec SNA - OCS Class Date 27 May 2012
Those are really good scores, especially if you want to go as a pilot. If you personally feel that you can take it and get 9's across the board, that's a decision you have to make. But I think most people will tell you that the risk of bombing a retake outweighs the benefit because you are very competitive with those scores, in my opinion.

It is your scores and future, so you're going to have to make that decision for yourself. However, my thoughts are to apply with those scores and see what happens.

exNavyOffRec

I would not recommend anyone with 8's retake the ASTB, I have NEVER seen a person with 8's get turned down, and if by some chance he goes to a 7 that would drastically decrease his chances.

if you are within one year of graduation, such as you graduate May/June 2013 submit for the July board.

KSUwildcat13

Hey everybody. First thing I need to do is say thanks. So much information that helped me on my ASTB when I took it. I score an 8/7/9 61 on my test and I think it was form 5.
I am currently only a sophomore in college but I plan to apply as soon as possible (my recruiter says 18 months out from graduation so in December) so if I do not get accepted I have as much time as possible to improve. I have a couple questions for everyone.

-I am a geology major and I plan to have a 3.1-3.3 GPA by the time December comes around.
-I did well on the ASTB but I wish I had an 8 on my PFAR.
-I am the Treasurer of the geology club but have no other extracurricular activities on my resume as of right now.

My first question is how worthwhile it would be for me to risk lower scores chasing that extra PFAR point. I wanted to retake the test but my recruiter convinced me after my test that it might not be worthwhile to retake it. However, after scanning through scores posted here I am thinking that it might be worth my time to chase that extra point.

My second question is how does requiring a waiver for PRK affect the selection process?

Soccer04

It takes 2 guys 45 min to make 6 pizzas, how long does it take 3 guys to make 12 pizzas?

6 guys can lay a stack of bricks in ten hours. Starting at 11 if 6 guys lay bricks and every hour after five one person is added what time would they finish the same stack of bricks?

I have tried to do both of these and idk what to do or even if i am doing them correctly... the first problem i got 60 min. Am i close? and the second problem i dont know where to start.

D

Deleted member 31917

It takes 2 guys 45 min to make 6 pizzas, how long does it take 3 guys to make 12 pizzas?

6 guys can lay a stack of bricks in ten hours. Starting at 11 if 6 guys lay bricks and every hour after five one person is added what time would they finish the same stack of bricks?

I have tried to do both of these and idk what to do or even if i am doing them correctly... the first problem i got 60 min. Am i close? and the second problem i dont know where to start.
I think for the first problem you're right. That's what I got. I think for the second problem the answer is 8 o'clock. This is how I came up with my answer.

So it took 6 guys to lay one stack in ten hours. What I did was say that that work is equivalent to 60 person-hours (6 people*10 hours). Now from 11 o'clock up to 5 o'clock (6 hours), 36 person-hours of the task was completed (6 people * 6 hours = 36 person-hours). From 5 to 6, one more person is working, so for that hour, 7 people are working, and thus 7 person-hours of work is accomplished (7 persons*1 hour). So when the clock strikes 6, a total of 43 person-hours of work is done (36+7). You do a similar procedure for the hours of 6 to 7 (and you'd come up with 51, 43+8). And then again from 7 to 8 (60, 51+9).

And that is how I came up with 8 o'clock. Hope that helps.

Angemc27

Atrickpay's study guide? I have tried several if not all of the link's without any success. I took form 4 on April 18th, 2012, 4's across the board and want to improve dramatically. I used the Barron's and Marine Gouge. I will definitely read the FAA any and need to review the mechanical those I thought were the toughest on this form.

D

Deleted member 31917

I just want to make 100% sure, but the reading comprehension section doesn't contain questions where you have to identify the wrong word, and then replace it with one of the choices in order to make it a correct statement, right?

KingsburyK

API Warrior
My first question is how worthwhile it would be for me to risk lower scores chasing that extra PFAR point. I wanted to retake the test but my recruiter convinced me after my test that it might not be worthwhile to retake it. However, after scanning through scores posted here I am thinking that it might be worth my time to chase that extra point.

My second question is how does requiring a waiver for PRK affect the selection process?

That's a solid score. Not sure I would risk it, but to each his own.

I just put in for the April board with PRK. I didn't have to jump through any kind of crazy hoops to get a waiver. Never sent any special paperwork to NAMI or anything like that. I just included all of my pre-ops, surgical notes, and post-ops in my pre-commissioning physical packet that was sent out. Got my PQ, no questions asked. Ask your recruiter though, you might be in a different situation than I.