• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Just got my scores back. I had form 4 the paper version, I got a 6/7/6 50.

Not super satisfied with that so I'm most likely going to retake it. My notes on form 4 are on the previous page here.

docloves

dmoney, good work! I'm also taking the OAR and I need to score a 60. Was this your first shot? I have 18 days to study...what should I study?

dmoney, good work! I'm also taking the OAR and I need to score a 60. Was this your first shot? I have 18 days to study...what should I study?

I would say buy one of the books. Get atrickplay's study guide and use the marine gouge. For the marine gouge just google marine gouge carolina. Also use the stuff on all of these forums
good luck!

mmg

Does anyone know what the age waiver for marine nfo is? I am about to turn 29 and have no prior military service.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
Does anyone know what the age waiver for marine nfo is? I am about to turn 29 and have no prior military service.

I wasn't told an age but I was told that I had to go to MEPs and take the PFT in order to send off for a waiver. That still doesn't mean it is even approved but the OSO seemed confident that it would not be an issue. I am PS, so not sure if that plays into it. On the Navy side it does from what I have been told. *I was actually told, it didn't matter if I was PS or not, that they just weren't going to grant any age waivers anyway, so they didn't want to talk turkey

docloves

Okay, this has changed since yesterday. I have 14 days and am taking the full ASTB. Tips, thoughts, help please. Thanx!

N8G87

My first post here....I took the ASTB 2 weeks ago and scored an 8/9/9 with a 61 OAR. Prior E-6 Navy Subs with 6 years in. Gonna try and apply for the Jan 13 board. I also have a 3.9 GPA. what's the competitive scores for SNA. I know the Navy looks at the "whole person" concept, but searches here haven't really given me any suitable answers, so don't jump my ass guys!

docloves

My first post here....I took the ASTB 2 weeks ago and scored an 8/9/9 with a 61 OAR. Prior E-6 Navy Subs with 6 years in. Gonna try and apply for the Jan 13 board. I also have a 3.9 GPA. what's the competitive scores for SNA. I know the Navy looks at the "whole person" concept, but searches here haven't really given me any suitable answers, so don't jump my ass guys!

Those are great scores. I passed to say the least, but not with competitive scores. What are you looking to improve on?

exNavyOffRec

Unless you have negative info you are a near guaranteed pick up, the whole person concept depends on the designator, for SNA the higher the PFAR and GPA the less they care, you can be the most well rounded person at the board, if your PFAR sucks your not getting picked up.

KayDixo

Took the ASTB form 5 paper version today. I hope I did well. I do not feel confident about a couple of sections. It is going to be a long couple of weeks waiting on the scores.

zachkeating

Pro-Rec SNFO July '12
Just got my ASTB scores back, 7/8/8 61. Prior enlisted with all perfect rec's and an outstanding rec from my CO. PT scores in the excellent range. Not sure if anyone has any ideas on what the selection process hinges on as I am submitting next week.

J C

Hey Guys. First post but I've been lurking for a couple of months. I took the test this morning and wanted to say thanks for all the help. I scored a 8/8/7 68. I'm applying to OCS but still have another whole year of college to go. I am debating on taking the test again or applying with these scores, anyone have any thoughts? Thanks again for all the help