• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

BattlingTrain

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Just took the ASTB again this morning. 2nd attempt. Went from a 52 6/6/6 to a 54 7/8/7. Kinda bummed about my OAR but I got an 8 PFAR so I’ll go to board with it. Thanks for all the tips and gouge guys. Gonna keep studying in case I have to burn that last attempt.
Congrats man! You got a good score on the most important section so nothing to be bummed about. I'd sit on an 8. You might have to wait a little longer than you'd like but eventually the Navy will chip away at its backlog and have those acceptance rates will go back up. Not worth risking having a bad morning and your score dropping.

Cajun

SNA ProRecY
Congrats man! You got a good score on the most important section so nothing to be bummed about. I'd sit on an 8. You might have to wait a little longer than you'd like but eventually the Navy will chip away at its backlog and have those acceptance rates will go back up. Not worth risking having a bad morning and your score dropping.
Yea I get that. Gonna go to the July, board and hopefully another this year pending me getting my PPL completed and them actually holding the board. Just gotta wait it out at this point. I’ll save the last attempt for when I’m 30 lol.

FlyingGamecock

Yea I get that. Gonna go to the July, board and hopefully another this year pending me getting my PPL completed and them actually holding the board. Just gotta wait it out at this point. I’ll save the last attempt for when I’m 30 lol.
We have the same score except a 56 OAR for me.

It sucks because normally we’d be fine and get picked up pretty easily. But now we’re in this weird twilight zone of good but not great in a time where you need to be great.

I’m happy with my score, but feel disappointed about it at the same time lol. But we’ll be fine, just gotta wait it out.

Congrats by the way!

Cajun

SNA ProRecY
We have the same score except a 56 OAR for me.

It sucks because normally we’d be fine and get picked up pretty easily. But now we’re in this weird twilight zone of good but not great in a time where you need to be great.

I’m happy with my score, but feel disappointed about it at the same time lol. But we’ll be fine, just gotta wait it out.

Congrats by the way!
Exactly! I was pleased I didn’t have a bad test day today, but was immediately disappointed by not having a higher OAR or a 9 for my AQR OR PFAR. I’m confident I’ll be selected one day, just a bad feeling that “one day” could be 3-4 years from now.

FlyingGamecock

Exactly! I was pleased I didn’t have a bad test day today, but was immediately disappointed by not having a higher OAR or a 9 for my AQR OR PFAR. I’m confident I’ll be selected one day, just a bad feeling that “one day” could be 3-4 years from now.
Shiiiit I’m gonna cry if it’s 3-4 years from now lol. Haven’t even thought about that reality. Figured it’d be 1 year hopefully, 2 years at the most.

Oh well, gives me plenty of time to get into shape and make some money before hand.

Cajun

SNA ProRecY
Shiiiit I’m gonna cry if it’s 3-4 years from now lol. Haven’t even thought about that reality. Figured it’d be 1 year hopefully, 2 years at the most.

Oh well, gives me plenty of time to get into shape and make some money before hand.
Yep, that’s all you can do. Realistically you’re probably right with 1-2 from what I’ve read. But, Pray for the best expect the worst. I’m 23 and an Engineer so I’m gonna keep rocking and rolling in the private sector until Uncle Sam comes calling. Life is Good.

BurnedCash55

Thanks! I think it needs to be standardized or something needs to be done. It’s really unfair when you only get 3 tries total. The admin told me that someone before me had to wait a few hours to even take it! Better not be you!
my test kept crashing as well best of luck!

BattlingTrain

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Weird little trick I did was to rub hand sanitizer on the suction cups of the joystick and throttle. The first time I took the ASTB I had an issue with the throttle moving around. A few drops of hand sanitizer basically cemented it to the table which allowed me to be more aggressive with it.

sc0utwright

Coast Guard DCO Reddit WIKI/FB Page in profile.
If anyone wants to compete or see how other people are doing in the Jantzen sim. Just add a new sheet at the bottom and post your high scores to the first sheet.

Cajun

SNA ProRecY
If anyone wants to compete or see how other people are doing in the Jantzen sim. Just add a new sheet at the bottom and post your high scores to the first sheet.
If I can offer some insight on this. Just took the ASTB less than a week ago. Practiced on the hard difficulty at 90 second intervals. Real test is about a medium difficulty, maybe 1 or 2 notches above dead center. If you can get below 100 in both Throttle and Joystick on the Jantzen Sim, you’ll be a stud on the test. I made an 8 PFAR and I was making 90 Stick 85 Throttle average on the sim.