• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

gtownjake

For current and future reference...

Below is a table showing the percentile groups taken from the past four board excel sheets (around 230 scores). This table shows the 50th, 75th, and 95th percentiles for each individual score, as well as GPA. This is not to be compared to your score in entirety, but to be broken down and compared through each subsection score (ie PFAR, FOFAR, etc.). If for example you scored an 8 in the AQR, you scored better than about 75% of people on the excel sheets in that section respectively.

PercentileOARAQRPFARFOFARGPA
50th567773.4
75th618883.68
95th669983.96

People often ask and wonder if their scores are competitive (me included) and I felt this is a different way of looking at it. I would say it is likely "competitive" if you are around or above the 75th percentile.

*It should be noted that this data set (excel sheets from AW) may be skewed data, as most applicants with their scores on the sheet are heavily involved in the process, studying, etc. so take it with a grain of salt*

Before you ask, yes I am bored.

Last edited:

Jay-Jay

Anyone have any thoughts on how useful a GRE study guide would be for the math portion of the ASTB? My wife has her GRE study guide lying around.

Jay-Jay

Heard it helps a lot
Great thanks. I'm scheduled to take the ASTB in like three weeks so I think I'm just going to study as much as I can with the materials I have plus that GRE book and go from there. It's my first attempt so what's the worst that can happen. If I don't do that well I'll start buying materials.

Jay-Jay

This might be a dumb question, but has anyone here used Star Wars: Squadrons as a flight sim to practice on? I have a copy on my laptop and I figure with the right settings it could work.

gtownjake

This might be a dumb question, but has anyone here used Star Wars: Squadrons as a flight sim to practice on? I have a copy on my laptop and I figure with the right settings it could work.
Any game you can invert Y Axis controls on will help you. Getting that muscle memory down is key, and can really be done on any game you spend time on. I flipped my Call of Duty controls and played for a few weeks and it seemed to help tremendously.

I used a bunch of war thunder so same general concept. As long as you have the joy stick and throttle then I think it will work. If you're using a keyboard and mouse or a controller then I think you're getting severely diminished returns.

TwoScoops

Two Scops
None
Future Naval Air Warriors,

Greetings again; I am the creator of the ASTB study app for iOS and Android devices with the name "ASTB Prep" on the respective app stores. Can anyone provide me with feedback on the product? I'm also wondering whether or not I should start advertising the software on the individual app stores, as I'm seeing people purchasing a copycat app called "ASTB Tutoring" (The app with a logo of an aircraft carrier) (A ton of fake reviews).

People buy the copycat version despite not having simulators, lessons, etc. because they pay more for advertising. Do you all have any thoughts on their products or feedback that I should emulate?

The links to my products are listed below. Happy studying.

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/astb-prep/id1549216388

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=astb.astb.astbprep

Cheers,
Two Scoops

Jay-Jay

Greetings again; I am the creator of the ASTB study app for iOS and Android devices with the name "ASTB Prep" on the respective app stores. Can anyone provide me with feedback on the product? I'm also wondering whether or not I should start advertising the software on the individual app stores, as I'm seeing people purchasing a copycat app called "ASTB Tutoring" (The app with a logo of an aircraft carrier) (A ton of fake reviews).

People buy the copycat version despite not having simulators, lessons, etc. because they pay more for advertising. Do you all have any thoughts on their products or feedback that I should emulate?

Cheers,
Two Scoops
Any military discount? Lol

sc0utwright

Coast Guard DCO Reddit WIKI/FB Page in profile.

Cheers,
Two Scoops
I got plenty of feedback for you, UAV Sim, please give us the option to disable the animation and sound, just give reaction speed / instant right or wrong answer and move to the next scenario. While it makes it fun, when I am practicing I just wanna get reps in over and over. Also, store a log to track performance in the UAV sim with Avg reaction and percentage correct. I would add the compass trick to the instructions to help others out. The Math section is missing anything for Logarithms, Fractions, and Exponents are severely lacking, no polynomials or Distance Rate Time, a Combination of Effort (takes 1 worker X time, if he works with Y worker = total). I would also proofread all your pages or get an editor, because I regularly find errors like air instead of ear throughout the app. Hope that helps.

Edit: I am on Android, also a light and dark setting would be great.

Last edited:

gtownjake

disable the animation and sound, just give reaction speed / instant right or wrong answer and move to the next scenario. While it makes it fun, when I am practicing I just wanna get reps in over and over. Also, store a log to track performance in the UAV sim with Avg reaction and percentage correct.
I may be 100% wrong but I believe both of these are already options

TwoScoops

Two Scops
None
Sorry, should have clarified. I am on the Android version. I'll edit my comment, I believe it is for the IOS version but I can't find any sort of settings for the Android version.
Excellent; thank you for the feedback. I am working on releasing an updated version for Android that allows users to deselect the animation functionality. If you want to see the saved results of your UAV simulator sessions, go to the user progress page in the app and select "UAV Test Scores." If it isn't working for you, DM me.

Thank you for steering me toward further lessons and explanations I need to incorporate into the app. I will get working on that and hopefully have a release with updated lessons soon. Apologies for the distracting grammatical errors; it has been a consistent complaint in the app and is something I need to get a proofreader to look at, but something that will be fixed/improved soon.

Furthermore, don't hesitate to reach out if there are any other issues, recommendations, or complaints.

Thanks!

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Excellent; thank you for the feedback. I am working on releasing an updated version for Android that allows users to deselect the animation functionality. If you want to see the saved results of your UAV simulator sessions, go to the user progress page in the app and select "UAV Test Scores." If it isn't working for you, DM me.

Thank you for steering me toward further lessons and explanations I need to incorporate into the app. I will get working on that and hopefully have a release with updated lessons soon. Apologies for the distracting grammatical errors; it has been a consistent complaint in the app and is something I need to get a proofreader to look at, but something that will be fixed/improved soon.

Furthermore, don't hesitate to reach out if there are any other issues, recommendations, or complaints.

Thanks!

Yeah there’s a lot of room for growth on the app! If you need some help with better test questions DM me! I compiled numerous questions from online sources more similar to the exact test

foleypat

Just took the ASTB last week. Thought I'd post my results and experience. Ended up getting a 50 6/6/5... not a competitive score and I plan on retaking sometime in the next month or two. My overall testing experience was not good. Test ended up crashing on me about 7 times through the math and reading sections. Definitely threw me off and had an impact on my momentum and confidence. Each time it crashed I had to go get the test administrator for her to reboot the program. Took about 2-3 minutes to get going again each time it crashed. The overall test itself was spot on with all of the gouge on this forum. I probably got through 15 math questions before it booted me out with 17 minutes left. Thought that was really odd since I felt like I was doing well on the math. The reading really got me though. I could NOT focus. I recommend putting on the headphones that they give you for the dichotic listening test. It'll help block out any outside noises in the recruiting office you take your test. Study kyle's drive for mech comp as well as barrons book. I experienced lots of pulley, fulcrum and moment questions. I used the UAV compass trick for that part of the test... really helpful and I think I missed 1 with an average time of ~ 2.8s. When it came to joystick and throttle, I had no previous practice. It really became a shitshow when the dichotic listening started with the tracking. Just make sure you're listening for the odd/even number in the correct ear and react quick.

Overall, not too happy with my score. However, it was my first time and I'm going to hit the studying harder and hopefully will have a better test environment second time around. Kyle's drive is stuffed with good gouge and I plan on using that to improve my studying. This forum has been super helpful for my prep and knowledge going into the test so I figured I'd post my experience, hopefully someone will find it helpful! cheers.