• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

JackT

If anyone is looking fo clarification about the ASTB prep app (math specifically), here you go:

If you are rusty on your basic math skills and cannot complete basic college algebra/algebra 2 problems fluidly, I recommend the app. It makes you learn the fundamentals again creating an easier transition into certain gouge like Kyles, Holly's, and Gomez's. "Can't play in the MLB if you haven't played little league yet" so to speak.

you will not need one.
Compound interest was a pain in the ass without one. Brush up on that equation because I forgot it and was trying to hand write it out. I only had like 10 math questions and the last three were compound interest before it realized I was weak in that and ended my math portion.

flyORdie

Has anyone who used the ASTB Prep app and then taken the actual exam have any insight on the material covered. I know someone recently said the math section was pretty basic and lacking in more complex concepts. Is this true of the mechanical section?

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Has anyone who used the ASTB Prep app and then taken the actual exam have any insight on the material covered. I know someone recently said the math section was pretty basic and lacking in more complex concepts. Is this true of the mechanical section?

Only thing on the app Math wise is probability. Expect more logs, properties of exponents, geometry, and algebra on the real thing

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Only thing on the app Math wise is probability. Expect more logs, properties of exponents, geometry, and algebra on the real thing

The Mech is pretty good for building knowledge. The Mech is mainly conceptual with only a few that require calculations. Although each test is different. I’ve seen people get literally only electrical diagram questions. Seen people get MA questions only. Seen people get 10 questions on valence electrons…

jbfalcon2000

SNA Board Applicant
Hi all, I got this TBAS practice software which is very much like the PBM portion of the ASTB.

Wondering what metrics I should aim for to get a 9 PFAR
-UAV accuracy % and response time?
-Tracking accuracy (see the screen clip attached)?
-Any other metrics you can think of?

1686858144376.png

Thank you so much for the input!

JackT

I am having a little trouble with logs currently. Can anyone chime in on whether there are basic logs equations (logarithmic to exponential, vice versa, and simplifying) on the ASTB. Or are there expressions like log2^80 -log2^5? All the drives show basic ones, just curious.

MotorCookie

Hi all, I got this TBAS practice software which is very much like the PBM portion of the ASTB.

Wondering what metrics I should aim for to get a 9 PFAR
-UAV accuracy % and response time?
-Tracking accuracy (see the screen clip attached)?
-Any other metrics you can think of?

View attachment 38253

Thank you so much for the input!
No one can say for sure what metrics to aim for. Just try to improve your score every time. However, there are a few people who shared their Jantzen sim scores

Krob67

I was using this ASTB prep test to practice math: https://nrotc.arizona.edu/sites/default/files/2022-10/ASTB Gouge.PDF - ASTB Gouge.pdf

But I felt like the math questions are a little on the easier side. Do the math questions on this document accurately represent the questions on the ASTB?
Hey! I took the ASTB about two weeks ago and I'd say that these math questions are definitely good practice but you should also find some involving log and exponent rules. I also had some questions where you needed to simplify under the radical. For example (2^8*3^7*4^5*5^3)^(1/5)= 24*(2^3*3^2*5^3)^(1/5)