• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

Aggie23

Which ASTB app are you referring to? Because on the Apple Store, there is “ASTB prep” for $19.99 and “ASTB tutoring” for $14.99 (has an aircraft carrier as the app icon).

Do you remember which app you used? Thank you!
It’s the one with a Navy shoulder board icon. Should be $16 or so if I remember correctly. Can’t recommend it enough!

AsumW

Hello everyone, I am a senior in college majoring in Electrical Engineering and my GPA is a 3.5. I've had 3 engineering internship including working on the F-22 as an intern for Lockheed. How do I stack up if I submit my ASTB score with a 7 on the PFAR? What can I do to improve my chances other than retaking the exam because I am planning on doing that already.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello everyone, I am a senior in college majoring in Electrical Engineering and my GPA is a 3.5. I've had 3 engineering internship including working on the F-22 as an intern for Lockheed. How do I stack up if I submit my ASTB score with a 7 on the PFAR? What can I do to improve my chances other than retaking the exam because I am planning on doing that already.

1. Check out the aviation board threads, you’ll see spreadsheets and you can see where you stack.
2. See #1.

villo0692

ASTB scores > GPA>>> anything else (yeah including your internships)

Krob67

Greetings all ! I Retook my ASTBE on Tuesday and scored an 8/9/8. I ended up using Barons study guide along with Chatgpt to study by making about 200 practice problems for each section on High difficulty. When I would run across a problem I was not familiar with I would plug in the equation or the question into the query box and it would give me a detailed run down of how to solve each one. My degree is in Cybersecurity so while I did go through calculus and physics in my early days of university It had been awhile since I had looked at anything math or physics related. For the PBM I just practiced the compass directions with a set of flashcards and used https://jantzenx.github.io/ASTB/ which was made by someone on here to sharpen my reflexes for target tracking. I would say my tracking of the targets was slightly above average at best but I nailed every listening cue so I would say make sure you are listening more than tracking. With that said I don't game very much so my scores should be proof that anyone can do well on this test. I am going up for boards next month so hopefully I get picked up with these scores but we will see. I wish the rest of you the best of luck.
Hi! I'm currently attempting to use ChatGPT to create practice MCQ like you suggested but how exactly did you use the Barrons book to do that? Did you copy and paste sections of the book into Chat GPT and then ask it to make MCQs? Any details on this would be much appreciated!

umijs

Hi! I'm currently attempting to use ChatGPT to create practice MCQ like you suggested but how exactly did you use the Barrons book to do that? Did you copy and paste sections of the book into Chat GPT and then ask it to make MCQs? Any details on this would be much appreciated!
I just told it to "generate multiple choice mechanical comprehension questions similar to what you'd see on the ASTB" and it spits out like 10 questions. If you need more difficult questions just tell it you want them to be harder. I am using ChatGPT-4 and it works pretty well. However, once in a while it will give you a question with the wrong answer which is kinda worrying.

If you want to use the book, copying and pasting some basic info from the book into chatgpt will help it to understand what exactly you're looking for.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I just told it to "generate multiple choice mechanical comprehension questions similar to what you'd see on the ASTB" and it spits out like 10 questions. If you need more difficult questions just tell it you want them to be harder. I am using ChatGPT-4 and it works pretty well. However, once in a while it will give you a question with the wrong answer which is kinda worrying.

If you want to use the book, copying and pasting some basic info from the book into chatgpt will help it to understand what exactly you're looking for.

Yeah I’ve found some answers to be wrong… I specifically told it generate F=ma type of questions found on the Navy ASTB.

Because some problems it’s gives you is not on the ASTB although it is good to expand your knowledge just in case…

flight_hero

"create hard multiple choice practice problems from the mechanical comprehension portion of the astb"

MotorCookie

Are there any graphing math questions? Stuff like quadratic equations, linear equations, etc? I've seen one guy say he got a graphing question but that was back in 2001.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
The chances of team a and b winning is .15, if team a has a 60% chance what is the chance team b will win on any given day?

Having trouble with this one, any help would be appreciated

Future Naval Air Warriors,

Greetings again; I am the creator of the ASTB study app for iOS and Android devices with the name "ASTB Prep" on the respective app stores. Can anyone provide me with feedback on the product? I'm also wondering whether or not I should start advertising the software on the individual app stores, as I'm seeing people purchasing a copycat app called "ASTB Tutoring" (The app with a logo of an aircraft carrier) (A ton of fake reviews).

People buy the copycat version despite not having simulators, lessons, etc. because they pay more for advertising. Do you all have any thoughts on their products or feedback that I should emulate?

The links to my products are listed below. Happy studying.

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/astb-prep/id1549216388

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=astb.astb.astbprep

Cheers,
Two Scoops
I found this app the day before my test and wished I had found it sooner. Very good app, thought the rear cockpit sim wasn’t as similar to the test as the Jantzen sim. I didn’t really use either and just winged that portion anyway. The UAV practice tool was dead on and helped wonderfully. The ANIT flash cards were great, too. I didn’t really use the other flashcards since I was in the final hour but I recommend this app to people who ask me for help studying.

Why the single anchor in the app banner if you’re a double anchor, though? Lol. There was your time to stick it to em.

Edit: went back and looked at the other flashcards, and the reading comprehension is not at all similar to the test either. It wasn’t so much English structure as it was a passage you read and then answered what you could assume solely based on the passage.

Last edited: