• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

Jackmerius

what type of questions was it if not pulleys/levers/gears like you said? Do you mind also describing how fast the targets were moving in reference to the speed setting on the jantzen simulator? if you dont know what im talking about then nevermind. thanks for the info!
The concept of how to calculate work. What unit is used for resistance. A little bit of DC theory. Balancing weight on a lever based on it's distance.
Not sure what that simulator is but the speed varies. It'll speed up if you're doing good. Moves about as fast as the dot in that Pong game

Jackmerius

Any tips on taking the simulator portion as a whole
Listen first, fly second. Make sure you are making the audio calls moreso than flying the plane. I heard playing video games with a inverted y axis will help as well. It took a few tests to get used to the inverted axis so I lost points there. You get after a while tho

Jackmerius

Hey guys took the ASTB. Got 61 7/7/7. Is this competitive? Felt I could have done better if I didn't botch the math portion.
I got very similar scores to this, but I'm still waiting on some of the ex pilots to comment. I also did terrible on the OAR portion but came out with 7's. 5 is average so we're doing good. I wouldn't say we were competitive until you get 8 and up but 9 is a perfect score so you should feel good about it given the circumstances

I got very similar scores to this, but I'm still waiting on some of the ex pilots to comment. I also did terrible on the OAR portion but came out with 7's. 5 is average so we're doing good. I wouldn't say we were competitive until you get 8 and up but 9 is a perfect score so you should feel good about it given the circumstances

Do you have flight experience or prior service?

exNavyOffRec

5 is not average, 5 is the minimum, the higher the score the better the chance of selection, of course the number of spots available comes into play as well.