• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

07NOV2022 INTEL BOARD

J0hnny

numbers are nearly identical from board to board as they take the number needed and divide by the number of boards to be held.
Thanks, I just thought I saw that they were expecting about 19 last board and I think about 30 were selected (it has been a minute since I looked at the numbers, forgive me if they are a little off. I was just curious if that would affect the number selected this time.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks, I just thought I saw that they were expecting about 19 last board and I think about 30 were selected (it has been a minute since I looked at the numbers, forgive me if they are a little off. I was just curious if that would affect the number selected this time.
I don't think it was that high, I thought it was in line with what was set, but if I am not remembering correctly than yes it will affect it.

There also could be other things going on such as going from 4 boards to 3 or something similar that would cause the numbers per board to adjust.

scooter345

Hellooooo everyone. Just submitted my package, was curious about this thread.
I submitted a SWO package back in 2019, didn't get selected so I enlisted as an IS because I wanted Intel. I am now an IS2, 1830 is the only designator on my package. I remember as a civilian checking this thread sooo often, it was kind of embarrassing now that I think about it.. but anyways good luck everybody

CatesDG

Hey scooter345, welcome to the thread! I'm still waiting on my TIS waiver to get approved, and with less than a week until packages are due so I will be making several phone calls tomorrow and next week to ensure it gets done.

Nil

Hey Y'All. For Civilians (and currently In-Service ones too if applicable) when you are done submitting your package, how do you know it is done besides your recruiter just verbally letting you know? Is there an email or some confirmatory message from the Processor? I am putting my application in as a Civilian and the only point of contact I have is my Recruiter who is a bit difficult "to get a hold onto", to say the least.

Please let me know how you guys get the confirmation regarding your package being submitted? Thanks!

Grenbot

Hey Y'All. For Civilians (and currently In-Service ones too if applicable) when you are done submitting your package, how do you know it is done besides your recruiter just verbally letting you know? Is there an email or some confirmatory message from the Processor? I am putting my application in as a Civilian and the only point of contact I have is my Recruiter who is a bit difficult "to get a hold onto", to say the least.

Please let me know how you guys get the confirmation regarding your package being submitted? Thanks!

Unfortunately the only real way to know is through your recruiter. You mostly have to trust the process. When you talk to them next, you can always ask them to verify that your package is at board.

If your OR is hard to get a hold of, maybe ask them next time you DO talk to them if there’s another point of contact just in case.

Edit: I went through the last board for CW as a civ. I was also super anxious about the process because of the opaqueness. Trusted my recruiter, though, and it worked out. My recruiter seems to be one of the great ones, though. Easy to get a hold of, loves his job, super on top of things. Good luck!!!

scooter345

Unfortunately the only real way to know is through your recruiter. You mostly have to trust the process. When you talk to them next, you can always ask them to verify that your package is at board.

If your OR is hard to get a hold of, maybe ask them next time you DO talk to them if there’s another point of contact just in case.

Edit: I went through the last board for CW as a civ. I was also super anxious about the process because of the opaqueness. Trusted my recruiter, though, and it worked out. My recruiter seems to be one of the great ones, though. Easy to get a hold of, loves his job, super on top of things. Good luck!!!
Super hard to get a hold of...sounds like most people when you need them. That's the Navy for you ?. I sent mine directly to Mr Celestin. I did go through a recruiter for my last package and yes communication usually sucks. Just gotta be annoying unfortunately. The only one that's going to help you is you

Nil

Unfortunate, indeed! Hoping he would work and help me put the application in...

I don't know what is a DO? Direct Officer?

I've asked my recruiter for the second point of contact. He has not provided that. I wonder how these people could get away like that...

Thank you for the edit @Grenbot. I wish I would be able to say the same at the end of this all and say the same about my recruiter too..... Let's see how this shape up. Seems like there's not much I can do... Thanks for the wishes!

Nil

Super hard to get a hold of...sounds like most people when you need them. That's the Navy for you ?. I sent mine directly to Mr Celestin. I did go through a recruiter for my last package and yes communication usually sucks. Just gotta be annoying unfortunately. The only one that's going to help you is you
True @scooter345 . Yeah, I don't know why I am expecting something different... Who is Mr. Celestin? Paul Celestin <paul.celestin(at)navy.mil> (https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Porta...1/NAV21141.txt?ver=oHdxu3XywSf2twMw7E_vTg==)?

I guess, it is different for in-person vs civilian/prior service when it comes to the process, right? Hope they would fix this problem, the navy... Don't know what else to say.

I am banking on myself to pull this through and hoping the luck would work itself out too.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

That's a big recruiting no-no unless you're working with a CCC.

scooter345

Yes, Paul Celestin. I work with some civilians and we always refer to then as mr./Mrs. Last name, it's a habit. I'm currently at a NIOC and it's a big command. There's two OCS coordinators that gave me the links to make sure I could get all my stuff, as NIOC has their own process for things and internal deadlines. When I was done though they said go ahead and submit it. On MynavyHR under the commissioning programs page it says during the flank speed transition email it directly to Paul Celestin and provides his email on the page.
True @scooter345 . Yeah, I don't know why I am expecting something different... Who is Mr. Celestin? Paul Celestin <paul.celestin(at)navy.mil> (https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Portals/55/Messages/NAVADMIN/NAV2021/NAV21141.txt?ver=oHdxu3XywSf2twMw7E_vTg==)?

I guess, it is different for in-person vs civilian/prior service when it comes to the process, right? Hope they would fix this problem, the navy... Don't know what else to say.

I am banking on myself to pull this through and hoping the luck would work itself out too.

Reactions: Nil

Grenbot

Unfortunate, indeed! Hoping he would work and help me put the application in...

I don't know what is a DO? Direct Officer?

I've asked my recruiter for the second point of contact. He has not provided that. I wonder how these people could get away like that...

Thank you for the edit @Grenbot. I wish I would be able to say the same at the end of this all and say the same about my recruiter too..... Let's see how this shape up. Seems like there's not much I can do... Thanks for the wishes!
DO was just emphasis

It sounds like you’re either overthinking this and letting your anxiety get the best of you
Or
Your recruiter is genuinely overly difficult to get a hold of. In that case, call their office?

If you ask really nicely someone might have an “at board” list and can confirm you are on it. The go to person I know of is currently at OCS though so I don’t know if that will work or not.