• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

07NOV2022 INTEL BOARD

vborr005

Applying this round, figured I’d get the thread going for future applicants. Does anyone have the sheet with all the picks for last board and remaining seats?

vborr005

Bumping, is anyone applying for the next board on here? Application are due Oct 7 and about a month away. Hoping to weather out the shitstorm with someone :)

Last edited:

CatesDG

Submitted my completed package about a month ago, originally with the following preferences: 1. Cryptologic Warfare 2. IP 3. Intelligence. However, package was kicked back saying I was disqualified for all three jobs due to exceeding TIS restrictions. Had to submit my Career Retirement Credit Record, and after further review, it was determined that I could submit a TIS waiver but only for Intelligence. This is per the new policy released. So the waiver has been submitted and now it's just a matter of standing by until late November/early December or whenever results are released.

CatesDG

Sex: Female
OAR: 49 (Didn't study, taken during finals week. Waiver approved)
Education: B.A. International Studies & Russian (GPA: 3.02)
M.S. Cybersecurity, Technology, & Policy (GPA: 3.88)
12yrs TIS - USMCR
2 years professional experience as a cyber security analyst

Due to my cyber background, next option will be CWE. I hadn't originally considered it due to lack of a technical bachelors degree but it's worth a shot. What are your stats?

vborr005

12yrs TIS - USMCR

Due to my cyber background, next option will be CWE. I hadn't originally considered it due to lack of a technical bachelors degree but it's worth a shot. What are your stats?
Hi there twin haha! I hope we both get in and have OCS together.

Sex:Female
Oar:50
Education: International studies - Japanese Focus BA
GPA: 3.6
Experience: 10 years tech company
Applying: Intel and CWE

CatesDG

Now talk about coincidence, what are the odds! I know the CWE board is on a rolling schedule, has your package been submitted up to it yet? Hope to see some more individuals post in here as we get closer to the board's convening date.

TheManInTheBox99

I am also applying to intel for this upcoming board. It’s my 3rd choice after SWO and NFO.

Sex: Male
OAR: 50
Education: Majored in History, focus on intelligence practices, cold war, and US politics in the 60s. Minored in Secondary Education. 4 years of Japanese experience in high school, earned college credit, have traveled to Japan and abroad extensively.

GPA: 3.23

exNavyOffRec

I am also applying to intel for this upcoming board. It’s my 3rd choice after SWO and NFO.

Sex: Male
OAR: 50
Education: Majored in History, focus on intelligence practices, cold war, and US politics in the 60s. Minored in Secondary Education. 4 years of Japanese experience in high school, earned college credit, have traveled to Japan and abroad extensively.

GPA: 3.23
IWC rarely will pick anyone that doesn't put them #1 or sometimes #2

exNavyOffRec

Submitted my completed package about a month ago, originally with the following preferences: 1. Cryptologic Warfare 2. IP 3. Intelligence. However, package was kicked back saying I was disqualified for all three jobs due to exceeding TIS restrictions. Had to submit my Career Retirement Credit Record, and after further review, it was determined that I could submit a TIS waiver but only for Intelligence. This is per the new policy released. So the waiver has been submitted and now it's just a matter of standing by until late November/early December or whenever results are released.

12yrs TIS - USMCR

Make sure they tell you that your TIS waiver is "approved", you don't want to find out it was sitting on someones desk and forgot about.

CWE is very strict on requiring a Bachelors in STEM, CWE has missed goal in the past rather than take people that didn't meet their strict requirements.

exNavyOffRec

I’ve heard the same for SWO. So to better my chances should I list it as #1 SWO, #2 INTEL, #3 NFO? Or is this just how the game is played and I gotta play it and hope for the best?
It depends on what you really prefer to do as well as what your FOFAR score is and what your GPA is.

TheManInTheBox99

It depends on what you really prefer to do as well as what your FOFAR score is and what your GPA is.
3.23 GPA and 5 FOFAR. I’d rather be a flight officer. However if the NFO board doesn’t take into account the order of preference then I would imagine that placing NFO as my #3 choice and INTEL as my 2nd choice would increase the overall likelihood of getting picked up by any community, right?

exNavyOffRec

3.23 GPA and 5 FOFAR. I’d rather be a flight officer. However if the NFO board doesn’t take into account the order of preference then I would imagine that placing NFO as my #3 choice and INTEL as my 2nd choice would increase the overall likelihood of getting picked up by any community, right?
SWO might be your best shot, your GPA is below the average of those picked for Intel, and your FOFAR at a 5 is more of a long shot. Since aviation looks at scores and not necessary rank of choices I would say try SWO/Intel/NFO