• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

07NOV2022 INTEL BOARD

CatesDG

Make sure they tell you that your TIS waiver is "approved", you don't want to find out it was sitting on someones desk and forgot about.

CWE is very strict on requiring a Bachelors in STEM, CWE has missed goal in the past rather than take people that didn't meet their strict requirements.
Thank you for the advice. I did follow up with the recruiter yesterday morning and am still waiting to hear back. I’m hoping there is still enough time to get the waiver processed before the package is due. And that’s what I thought about CWE which is why I hadn’t considered it. May have to reassess next steps.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Sex: Female
OAR: 49 (Didn't study, taken during finals week. Waiver approved)
Education: B.A. International Studies & Russian (GPA: 3.02)
M.S. Cybersecurity, Technology, & Policy (GPA: 3.88)
12yrs TIS - USMCR
2 years professional experience as a cyber security analyst

Due to my cyber background, next option will be CWE. I hadn't originally considered it due to lack of a technical bachelors degree but it's worth a shot. What are your stats?

I would double check to ensure that MS meets CWE academic requirements.

Gamer773

Applicant
Sex: Male
OAR: 63
Education: B.A. Political Science (concentrated in comparative politics), minor in public policy (GPA: 3.86)
I was a member of a school academic journal on security issues and an AmeriCorps volunteer.

INTEL is my first choice, SWO second.

vborr005

Application finally completed and sent to the recruiter to send to processing. Now, it’s a waiting game. How are you all doing?

J0hnny

OAR: 56
Education: Psychology (GPA: 3.34)
Active Duty: IS3, soon to be IS2 though not till after the board.
Interviews: 2X 04 (IWO), lined up for next week I have 2X 04 (IWO), 1X 05 (IWO), and 1X 03 (CWO)
I am applying for IWO and CWO.
TIS: 1 year

exNavyOffRec

OAR: 56
Education: Psychology (GPA: 3.34)
Active Duty: IS3, soon to be IS2 though not till after the board.
Interviews: 2X 04 (IWO), lined up for next week I have 2X 04 (IWO), 1X 05 (IWO), and 1X 03 (CWO)
I am applying for IWO and CWO.
TIS: 1 year
Information Warfare Community consist of several designators such as CW, IP, Intel, CWE, and Oceano but there is no longer an IW as it became CW, so do you mean you applied to Intel and CW?

vborr005

@exNavyOffRec - question for you! When does it get to Mr. Celestine. Non prior, first time applicant here and was curious what last hurdles do I need to jump after my application is submitted. If there is a place with t the answer, please let me know - I tried looking for the answer on here but no luck.

OAR: 51
Education: History ( concentration: Global) American Military University. GPA: 3.54
Active Duty: AM2, TIS: 7 yrs ( hit 8 yrs after board convenes)
interviews: 2 O4's, 3 O5's (all 1830's and all 10's )
Intel is the only designator I am applying for.

exNavyOffRec

@exNavyOffRec - question for you! When does it get to Mr. Celestine. Non prior, first time applicant here and was curious what last hurdles do I need to jump after my application is submitted. If there is a place with t the answer, please let me know - I tried looking for the answer on here but no luck.
There are several processors at NRC, he is one of many and he normally handles the AD USN as well as other candidates, as a non prior your application will end up with some processor. If there is anything wrong since you are non prior it will get kicked back to your NRD to correct, if done properly once submitted to NRC there is nothing else to do.