• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
What could they possibly have talked about for 131 pages BEFORE they received results?
(I know that I could read all those pages but I lack that amount of free time and, frankly, the desire)
Lots of memes and some pretty humorous back and forth banter about anxiety while waiting for results. They were all freaking out.

donkeh

Hey everyone, just found this thread and was amazed to find out that the board has already convened and the decision has been made! Now just waiting for the answer to be sent down, to say the least its been a wild morning reading this thread and learning about this news. Exciting stuff. I applied strictly SNA this cycle with a 6/8/6 and 3.52 GPA. Hope the PFAR and GPA along with my extracurriculars are enough to earn that Pro Rec-Y . I just graduated with my bachelors degree last spring with a B.S. in Poli Sci in 3 years. I've been working at the Census Bureau in the meantime, but I'm really looking forward to (hopefully) get my dream career started.

Does anyone know what happens between getting ProRec-Y and Final Selection? I've seen on the May board google spreadsheet that most of the people that got picked up moved onto Final Sel. Is that when you actually receive your ship date for OCS? Just trying to get an idea of what to expect and when, all of course depending on whether I get that Y or not.

Thanks for the help and look forward to waiting for our answers with all of you guys. Fingers crossed for sooner rather than later.

donkeh

I think someone mentioned that there might be a quick review of your medical file to double check everything. That shouldn't be an issue though as you've already been cleared by MEPS and N3M prior to going to a board. As long as you don't get arrested or get some sort of significant medical condition after your MEPS physical, you should get a Fin Sel. I'm not sure what else would cause someone to not get a fin sel after a ProRec-Y besides those two.
Ahh I see now, that makes a lot of sense and is actually even more of a relief, as neither of those things have happened since submitting for the board. Thanks for clarifying!

The waiting game continues...

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I applied strictly SNA this cycle with a 6/8/6 and 3.52 GPA. Hope the PFAR and GPA along with my extracurriculars are enough to earn that Pro Rec-Y . I just graduated with my bachelors degree last spring with a B.S. in Poli Sci in 3 years. I've been working at the Census Bureau in the meantime, but I'm really looking forward to (hopefully) get my dream career started.

Does anyone know what happens between getting ProRec-Y and Final Selection? I've seen on the May board google spreadsheet that most of the people that got picked up moved onto Final Sel. Is that when you actually receive your ship date for OCS? Just trying to get an idea of what to expect and when, all of course depending on whether I get that Y or not.

Thanks for the help and look forward to waiting for our answers with all of you guys. Fingers crossed for sooner rather than later.
Welcome, and good luck to you! Good score for SNA.

This is from @BDavis11 on Sunday in the 1001 questions forum post;
"ProRec-Y means you were professionally recommended (chosen). then your medical goes through another screening process essentially . Once that is cleared then the FINSEL- final selection is made. once that happens you get an OCS date."

Definitely looks like most don't have an issue for final selection, I think @allegroreyees is right about barring any extenuating circumstances people should be fine. Looks like just about everyone puts their OCS date on the Excel (indicating a final selection), maybe some people forget for some reason?

exNavyOffRec

Welcome, and good luck to you! Good score for SNA.

This is from @BDavis11 on Sunday in the 1001 questions forum post;
"ProRec-Y means you were professionally recommended (chosen). then your medical goes through another screening process essentially . Once that is cleared then the FINSEL- final selection is made. once that happens you get an OCS date."

Definitely looks like most don't have an issue for final selection, I think @allegroreyees is right about barring any extenuating circumstances people should be fine. Looks like just about everyone puts their OCS date on the Excel (indicating a final selection), maybe some people forget for some reason?

It is reversed now, you won't go to board until after they have looked at your medical file and determined that it looks like you will be medically fine, AKA a PQ letter.

BDavis11

Contributor
It is reversed now, you won't go to board until after they have looked at your medical file and determined that it looks like you will be medically fine, AKA a PQ letter.
Good to know. I am still waiting to hear back from medical on my flight physical. Oh how fun the waiting games are.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Ah, I remember seeing that info before and didn't remember the order.

Thanks!

exNavyOffRec

Ah, I remember seeing that info before and didn't remember the order.

Thanks!

They used to have people go to board without clearing medical, some OR's would send people to board without ever asking medical questions then find out they were nowhere near qualified, that was a waste of time and would get candidates hopes up.

AD have had to submit medical and should in most cases be medically qualified anyway.

donkeh

They used to have people go to board without clearing medical, some OR's would send people to board without ever asking medical questions then find out they were nowhere near qualified, that was a waste of time and would get candidates hopes up.

AD have had to submit medical and should in most cases be medically qualified anyway.
I'm amazed that they let people go to board without a medical screening prior to this year. I would have thought that all officer applicants were sent to MEPS to make sure they won't be immediately disqualified after being ProRec Y. Well, glad it's set up this way at least.

Funny story, I went to MEPS Jacksonville and did great on all eye exams except for depth perception. Absolutely bombed it and was disqualified from 1390 SNA until I went to the Optometrist of the local AF base and retook the depth perception exam with him and passed with flying colors. Submitted the optometrists findings and less than 24 hours later I was told my recruiter that NAMI accepted the test and fully cleared me for 1390. I know a lot of applicants are having problems with waivers and stuff and just wanted to give my 2 cents since I've seen others disqualified for SNA due to flunking the MEPS depth perception test as well. From what I've read though, seems like most other applicants didn't have it nearly as easy as I did. Count your blessings and make them tell you no.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Funny story, I went to MEPS Jacksonville and did great on all eye exams except for depth perception. Absolutely bombed it and was disqualified from 1390 SNA until I went to the Optometrist of the local AF base and retook the depth perception exam with him and passed with flying colors. Submitted the optometrists findings and less than 24 hours later I was told my recruiter that NAMI accepted the test and fully cleared me for 1390. I know a lot of applicants are having problems with waivers and stuff and just wanted to give my 2 cents since I've seen others disqualified for SNA due to flunking the MEPS depth perception test as well. From what I've read though, seems like most other applicants didn't have it nearly as easy as I did. Count your blessings and make them tell you no.
The depth perception test we do now is a joke.

They use to do the test with actual physical objects in the shape of little cylinders with a white circle on top, and asked which one stuck out. Now we're doing depth perception with Red-Cyan paper glasses and trying to figure out which 2-D circle is sticking out on a flat piece of paper... Seriously?! I had to stare at some of them for a good five seconds to see the difference on the last three.

exNavyOffRec

I'm amazed that they let people go to board without a medical screening prior to this year. I would have thought that all officer applicants were sent to MEPS to make sure they won't be immediately disqualified after being ProRec Y. Well, glad it's set up this way at least.

They changed the policy of going to board without medical years ago, not this year.

NAMI used to take depth perception retest from just about any eye doc, then they pretty much took it from no one, now it seems they look case by case, the problem was that people would doctor shop to get cleared then end up being DQ for depth perception later on, I think nearly everyone if not everyone from my NRD who I knew that had to redo depth perception ended up failing depth perception later on.