• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

kyleerlich

Starting this thread. The sooner, the better.

Last day of class 16Aug20. Degree conferral 16Oct20.
OAR: 66
ASTB: 9/9/9
GPA: 4.0
Degree: Nuclear Engineering Technology
Prior Service: Y
Civilian Ratings: Private Pilot License

Good luck to everyone in this incredible endeavor!

-Kyle

Terrypolanco2

Starting this thread. The sooner, the better.

Last day of class 16Aug20. Degree conferral 16Oct20.
OAR: 66
ASTB: 9/9/9
GPA: 4.0
Degree: Nuclear Engineering Technology
Prior Service: Y
Civilian Ratings: Private Pilot License

Good luck to everyone in this incredible endeavor!

-Kyle
if you dont get in with that record and scores im gonna address the Navy board myself

Genghis95

quick question, are you required or highly recommended to get interview appraisal? Looking @kyleerlich post on the other forum is the first I’ve heard of it.
right now I have only provided the following:
3 LORs with REF form: O-6 Blue Angels Captain, O-6 Flight Surgeon & Senator
Motivational statement
NASIS
ASTB
MEPS with wavers

My recruiter just picked up a few new recruiting stations and is swamped and I think this is his first time submitting for SNA/NFO. So any onsite would be very helpful

miss1ng

pilot
quick question, are you required or highly recommended to get interview appraisal? Looking @kyleerlich post on the other forum is the first I’ve heard of it.
Motivational statement
NASIS
ASTB
MEPS with wavers

My recruiter just picked up a few new recruiting stations and is swamped and I think this is his first time submitting for SNA/NFO. So any onsite would be very helpful

A bunch of people on here say it's barely looked at but if you have the opportunity to get one then definitely do it.

exNavyOffRec

Motivational statement
NASIS
ASTB
MEPS with wavers

You should have a checklist to go by, did you get a PQ letter from N3M or did you just go to MEPS recently? your ASTB is what will carry you through the board and you only have a few weeks left.

Austin-AJA

Question for anyone who might know the answer. How heavily is prior service weighted if at all, does it give you a better or worse chance? I’ve heard that basically the deciding factors are the scores, but do evals come into play at all?

exNavyOffRec

Question for anyone who might know the answer. How heavily is prior service weighted if at all, does it give you a better or worse chance? I’ve heard that basically the deciding factors are the scores, but do evals come into play at all?

Best qualified is what they look for, if that happens to be a person with prior service so be it.

Genghis95

You should have a checklist to go by, did you get a PQ letter from N3M or did you just go to MEPS recently? your ASTB is what will carry you through the board and you only have a few weeks left.
"2. I did get a letter back after applying to the wavers: Waiver of physical standard IS APPROVED for Unrestricted Line, Restricted Line and Staff Corps. The Waver Code to be Assigned is HCB."

So I'm assuming everything all good.