• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

soccerman816

So, I just got back on this forum. I was selected for SNA last board but actually want to go SNFO route, so I declined and am now going back to this October board. (turns out your OR will lie to you or just don't know what they are telling you, mine said I would be seen by both SNA/SNFO board independently, but was selected for SNA and never seen by SNFO because I was selected SNA, making me having to turn down the offer and resubmit)

My recruiting contact (not my OR) advised the board pulled the packets last week and appears to have met yesterday. Just FYI. So hopefully we get results back sooner than the last board. I waited almost 11 weeks after the submission deadline.

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
My recruiting contact (not my OR) advised the board pulled the packets last week and appears to have met yesterday. Just FYI. So hopefully we get results back sooner than the last board. I waited almost 11 weeks after the submission deadline.
That’s interesting if they have already met... why would they meet a whole week early?

soccerman816

That’s interesting if they have already met... why would they meet a whole week early?
Who knows,
-they hit goal for amount of applicants/packets submitted
-timing for EOY forecasting with holidays
-schedule conflict with election next week
-COVID delaying placements and class dates so they may be pushing out more since they are caught up on OCS classes

I am not sure.

jonesy27

So, I just got back on this forum. I was selected for SNA last board but actually want to go SNFO route, so I declined and am now going back to this October board. (turns out your OR will lie to you or just don't know what they are telling you, mine said I would be seen by both SNA/SNFO board independently, but was selected for SNA and never seen by SNFO because I was selected SNA, making me having to turn down the offer and resubmit)

Your saying the board already convened? Does anybody know of this happening (board convening early) before?

soccerman816

Your saying the board already convened? Does anybody know of this happening (board convening early) before?
The way it was put to me was a “board date” is a target. That’s why they have a submission deadline. They meet within a week before or a week after the date set. I’m just the messenger but I would say my source has first hand knowledge and 27 years doing this, so I trust them.

soccerman816

What do you mean at board list?
There is a board list released with the names of all people who made the board review. It’s sent to the OR’s and posted on the Navy intranet. You must have a CAC or mil class to access it. Or a friend who can screen shot it for you. It’s not too secret or anything, just not posted in public forum. It will say who you are, what recruiting post you are from and what board you were sent to. It has everyone’s names. It’s located at the Same place as the promotion postings for internal rank promotions.

TonyWillingham

ENS, 1520
I have the At Board list. Looks like it was last modified on 20 Oct. If you’re curious if you’re on it then just let me know, I’m in ROM in Guam with not much else to do lmao.

exNavyOffRec

The way it was put to me was a “board date” is a target. That’s why they have a submission deadline. They meet within a week before or a week after the date set. I’m just the messenger but I would say my source has first hand knowledge and 27 years doing this, so I trust them.

correct, often those dates are picked 18 months out, they can adjust due to travel, leave, etc......

exNavyOffRec

you should have been seen by both unless the OR never put SNFO on there or if they decided to forgo looking at your for SNFO because SNA was number 1, the board can change the rules as they wish.