• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
It’s killing me!
What really helps me is looking forward to small tasks throughout the week and moving on to the next little thing. Try not to think so far in advance and it helps. I.E. I'll be flying Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, Friday is a community project, next week Wednesday is a Midterm, etc. Break up the large task of a lengthy wait into a bunch of little wait periods and it's an easier task to overcome mentally.

My OR told me less than a month to hear back but that seems optimistic. My guess is 4-6 weeks.
The May 25 board was exactly three weeks for us to get the results. I think 4-6 is a safe bet. Everyone is either selected or not selected the day the board convenes. Every day past that is administrative time to get the results out to the recruiters/applicants.

exNavyOffRec

What really helps me is looking forward to small tasks throughout the week and moving on to the next little thing. Try not to think so far in advance and it helps.
I hear elderly people do the same thing regarding small task, although their task are different than yours.
  1. wake up and be happy that alive for one more day.
  2. attempt to get out of bed
  3. get out of bed
etc....... lol

In all seriousness what you do by setting small task and accomplishing them is a great way to get things done and I do the same thing in my daily life.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I hear elderly people do the same thing regarding small task, although their task are different than yours.
  1. wake up and be happy that alive for one more day.
  2. attempt to get out of bed
  3. get out of bed
etc....... lol

In all seriousness what you do by setting small task and accomplishing them is a great way to get things done and I do the same thing in my daily life.
That's funny, old people and the Navy SEALS have really figured something out then lol.

Triumph_MAC

I would anticipate them coming out within a month of the board. Especially since the holidays are coming up and folks will be taking leave. However, it sounds like the selectees are getting their class dates upon notification and I'm sure that takes some administrative tasking in itself. These are just my assumptions though.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
What really helps me is looking forward to small tasks throughout the week and moving on to the next little thing. Try not to think so far in advance and it helps. I.E. I'll be flying Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, Friday is a community project, next week Wednesday is a Midterm, etc. Break up the large task of a lengthy wait into a bunch of little wait periods and it's an easier task to overcome mentally.

The May 25 board was exactly three weeks for us to get the results. I think 4-6 is a safe bet. Everyone is either selected or not selected the day the board convenes. Every day past that is administrative time to get the results out to the recruiters/applicants.

I like that. I feel like that will be just as applicable at OCS. Cutting up the daunting days into segments. Whether its the next task of the day or jumping from meal to meal.

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
I like that. I feel like that will be just as applicable at OCS. Cutting up the daunting days into segments. Whether its the next task of the day or jumping from meal to meal.
When I was in Air Force basic training that’s what we did. “We just have to make it to the next meal” was my flights words of encouragement haha. Thankfully after a few weeks of the routine it’s easier, but getting thrown into this sort of environment is going to take baby steps at first.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
When I was in Air Force basic training that’s what we did. “We just have to make it to the next meal” was my flights words of encouragement haha. Thankfully after a few weeks of the routine it’s easier, but getting thrown into this sort of environment is going to take baby steps at first.

I went to Maxwell for AFROTC. I am guessing it is the same concept. I remember just going through the motions and it was a pain.