• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor
For those wanting to leave early, I'd make sure you'd see something on paper. My recruiter has been adamant on me leaving in Feb, now March. Apparently I was "locked in" on a March date but ENTRS says otherwise.

Hopefully I'll be there in March, but as of now I'm not holding my breath.

The august board must just be unlucky. I got picked up off that board and still don’t even have a tentative date. It’s been basically radio silence for a lot of us

jonesy27

It's become one of those things where I was checking ENTRS every day, and now only check on Monday mornings when I get into work. . .

Snack Attack

Snack Attack
Contributor
It aligned more with my career goals. I like being more "a mile wide/inch deep" if you would. After interviewing a Commander and Captain in aviation, I was very much influenced to go SNFO based on their tracks and how they interpreted their 24+ year careers. I don't want to fly for the air lines.
Dm-ing you

Snack Attack

Snack Attack
Contributor
YO! I just bothered my OR as well, and he pulled my info! I'm in the same 26SEP21 Class Date! No Pro-Rec yet so it's like you said not official but he said it looks like a very good sign!

My OR sent me pictures of the online system used, and it looks like all 3 that I applied for made it to the board, and all passed pending Pro-Rec. In order they were:
  1. SNA
  2. SNFO
  3. SWO
He made it seem as well that OCS classes are backed up so the date might change up until we get our finsel/pro-rec.
DO you know which system was used?

Hey ya'll, just got a call from my recruiter with my March ship out date, and he mentioned that the class sizes are still around 50-60 due to COVID, and it's causing a back up of SNA positions. He said SNFO, such as myself, and other designations are still going through, but the pilots are backed up for sure. I don't have any official documentation with these numbers, but just wanted to pass along what I just heard so you all know.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Hey ya'll, just got a call from my recruiter with my March ship out date, and he mentioned that the class sizes are still around 50-60 due to COVID, and it's causing a back up of SNA positions. He said SNFO, such as myself, and other designations are still going through, but the pilots are backed up for sure. I don't have any official documentation with these numbers, but just wanted to pass along what I just heard so you all know.

Just heard something similar. I was told even if you were selected for SNA when you get to API there is a good chance you can be re-designated. Not trying to scare anyone and he also told me I might get switched to SNFO at OCS (needs of the Navy). Guess their is an email floating around recruiter land. They have started this practice now and he said he was reaching out to the last two boards selectees as well!

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor
Any people out there out of the Boston Recruiting station? I got an email to start a Commissioning Onboarding Program and am probably going to be seeing some of you quite regularly at these meetings.

Marcus_Aurelius

Hey guys I know we shouldn’t get tattoos before OCS, but what about piercings/body mods. Was thinking of doing something like this?? View attachment 29697

If you can somehow find, control, and implant the Mind Stone into your forehead like Vision, I highly suggest you switch from applying for Naval Aviator and see if the CIA has started working on an Avenger project yet. If not, you could be the first. If you do get in, hit me up, I'd like a job.

I may not have super powers, but I could bumble around like Hawkeye. I even have a recurve bow...so there ya go.