• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Just got the news, I was bumped up to May class from August. Some of you may know this already, but I would consult you OR to make sure you haven't been bumped up. There was a list of 37 candidates with new ship dates as of 1700 EST yesterday.
That's good news. Maybe filling in some scheduling holes from opening up class sizes.

Sparky1093

Hey everyone, I also applied for this board but refrained from commenting since my scores were frankly underwhelming (46/6/6) and I didn't think I had a chance. I guess it was the graduate certificate and masters degree that put me over the top but even then I still kept expecting my OR to call me back and tell me he called the wrong person and that I actually hadn't been selected. Like some of you I also received a tentative ship out date of Sept. 5th but we applied for an earlier date and the other day I found out that I fly out on February 20th and a class start date of March 7th. I want to thank you all for your posts and the words of encouragement for everyone during those seemingly endless weeks of waiting for results, and best of luck in OCS.

johnnybgood83

Hey everyone, I also applied for this board but refrained from commenting since my scores were frankly underwhelming (46/6/6) and I didn't think I had a chance. I guess it was the graduate certificate and masters degree that put me over the top but even then I still kept expecting my OR to call me back and tell me he called the wrong person and that I actually hadn't been selected. Like some of you I also received a tentative ship out date of Sept. 5th but we applied for an earlier date and the other day I found out that I fly out on February 20th and a class start date of March 7th. I want to thank you all for your posts and the words of encouragement for everyone during those seemingly endless weeks of waiting for results, and best of luck in OCS.
how did you apply for a sooner date? Congrats by the way!

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Awesome! What did you apply for and what did you get picked up for?

Sparky1093

how did you apply for a sooner date? Congrats by the way!

Tbh I'm not all that sure. My OR told me he didn't really want us waiting around until September in case we accidentally hurt ourselves or something like that and put in for an earlier ship out date and it got accepted. I'm not age critical (27) so I guess it was just luck.

Awesome! What did you apply for and what did you get picked up for?

I applied for SNA and got it. I found out on Dec. 8th just like a lot of others on here when results came out. Actually, I saw on here first that they were out and texted my OR only for him to reply that he hadn't seen anything yet. He called me an hour later saying that I had been accepted.

exNavyOffRec

The numbers of those accepted weren't that bad so people with lower scores will still get accepted, probably good you were at the Nov board. A grad cert and masters degree don't help in learning to fly so you realistically just got lucky, and sometimes it is better to be lucky than good!

madman111

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Does anyone else have an up to date gouge for OCS? My recruiter sent me one from 2016 and it's telling me to remember things like navy and marine ranks, does that seem right?