• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Topgun

Well?

• Good Omen

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Bad Omen

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • This thread is gay

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • You are gay

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Everyone is gay

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Englishmen are gay

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Thunderkiss should change his name to ThunderPuss

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
wink said:
Wasn't the mini job always for non screened O-5s? I had two squadron department head O-5s go to the air dept. in the mid to late '80s. The Boss had been a squadron skipper and as I recall the guy who got the Mini job was a non-screen guy. By the way, the guy that got the Mini job was rather short of stature and refused every one of the white flight deck jersys the ship had prepared that said "Mini Boss". He insisted on being refered to only as the "Assistant Air Boss" . Trashed the tradition because of his own lack of self respect and pettiness. Maybe that is why he didn't command?

I always assumed the mini worked his way up to boss? Two of my old skippers both went to mini-boss tours, one in 99 and the other in 2000. Though as far as I know, neither of them stayed on for an Air Boss tour.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Mini Boss is the Assistant Air Operations Officer. The Boss is the Air Operations Officer. So yes, the Mini works for the Boss and is his stand in during many flight operations. They are sort of like the CO and XO of the flight deck. Except the CO of a squadron is usually more laid back and approachable than the XO. The XO's job is to be the turd chasng hammer, Good Cop/Bad Cop. On the flight deck the Boss is usually the hard a$$ and the Mini more laid back. Don't get me wrong, either one will chew you a new one if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time or say something stupid on the radio.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
French Version of TopGun

Ok, two things:

First, download this video. Its kicka$$, high quality, video of Mirage 2000C's. The caption goes as follows: "A high quality preview of the great French film "Les Chevalier du Ciel" to the tune 'It's My Life'." If you have any issues with joining the website, just refresh the screen and it will work. Pretty cool footage.

http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos.php?action=view&id=356

Next:

Go to this 2nd link, its a preview to the french version of topgun, i swear. Its coming out soon in France. Its in french, but you can make it out. The best friend dies, the wings are turned in, women (as always), blah blah, topgun style. Now follow my directions: 1. let the page load, it takes a moment. 2. click on "entrez" below "les videos" 3. click on "haut debit" and enjoy. It follows topgun exactly. It looks pretty good actually, better than stealth. Here is the second link:

http://www.leschevaliers-lefilm.com/jeux/indexVideo.htm

MarineAir

Future Naval Aviator
That movie is definitely kicka$$. I saw the preview on a french channel, TV5 not long ago. Wish I could go see it but I'll watch for it to come out on video. Definintely good stuff :D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Okay, I retract all claims that Hollywood has a lock on mindless popcorn flicks. That first video had some of the most gorgeous aviation footage I've ever seen, though. The shot of the two jets going through the undercast was money. Wonder how much was CGI.

B

Blutonski816

Its in french, but you can make it out. The best friend dies, the wings are turned in, women (as always), blah blah, topgun style.

Don't forget to add the part where the Bad guys fly the black jets...lol...

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ugh...are they gonna try to top the fruity factor with their own arguments in towels and greasy volleyball scenes?

oh wait...they don't shower, so we'll be spared the locker room,that leaves us with a soccer game with soundtrack by Kenny Loggins (the French think he's a genius, sort of like Jerry Lewis). get your "key-tar" ready.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
The flying scenes look pretty incredible. Its nice to see actual flying footage vs. CG.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Ok, I'm seriously gonna have to get that movie on DVD whenever it's released. Subtitles aren't gonna be a big deal in the flying scenes. :D

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
hmm...FRANCE SUCKS!!!

Got that out of my system, sorry for the outburst...

Status
Not open for further replies.