• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Topgun

Well?

• Good Omen

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Bad Omen

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • This thread is gay

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • You are gay

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Everyone is gay

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Englishmen are gay

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Thunderkiss should change his name to ThunderPuss

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
No, there were about 240-250 slots for pilots given out this year. I haven't heard of any civilian slots.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Sparrow said:
I was wondering if anyone could give me information on how you get selected to go to TopGun, and anything else about it that might be interesting to know. I am writing a paper on it for my practicum class. Also if anyone here has attended TopGun, what was it like for you?

Thanks so much for the help
Bri
Pilot(sel)
Try this website

www.google.com

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Sparrow said:
... Also if anyone here has attended TopGun, what was it like for you?
Bri
Pilot(sel)
weaponSchool_small.gif

What was it like ??? What was it like ??? ... It was very good for me ... :icon_rast

... and -- not only did I "attend" Topgun -- I also graduated. :) But I never knew any pilot's named "Bri" ... but then, I am old and not too keen anymore.

petescheu

Thanks bama, had heard that from someone but didn't believe it, just had to confirm. I mean they turn the AC on in that place and make B&G gender neutral, you never know what's gonna happen next...

shoo24 said:
Thanks bama, had heard that from someone but didn't believe it, just had to confirm. I mean they turn the AC on in that place and make B&G gender neutral, you never know what's gonna happen next...

shoo, civilian isn't a "select" for NROTC, but it's been forced on some of the lower performers...

petescheu

vegita1220 said:
shoo, civilian isn't a "select" for NROTC, but it's been forced on some of the lower performers...

Interesting... thanks for the info. I know that they are overstaffed with my year group and some below right now at least, was just wondering how that was affecting the current graduatiing classes.
Sorry 'bout the Threadjack sparrow...

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Top Gun, or as some like to call it, NWFS, is a giant sleepover party in the middle of the desert (Fallon, Nevada), where a bunch of cool people get together and have fun flying jets and picking up chicks at bars. A basic day goes like this: wake up, eat breakfast, maybe pick up a chick or two in the morning, and then go fly jets for about an hour, and then go back and pick up more chicks, and then if you aren't tired go and fly jets again later on. After that, usually have a barbecue and maybe play some sand volleyball (since it is in the middle of the desert). Sometimes you can pick up chicks next to the sand volleyball courts. Usually the jet missions are pretty easy as long as you don't think about other stuff.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Actually, funny story... When I was in NJROTC (yeah all you guys are going, ohhh man, here he goes again), we took a navy transport down to Fallon for a week. And yes, we played sand volleyball. My trip consisted of bowling, sand volleyball, and walking around. For some reason they wouldn't let me buy the NFWS patch for my backpack.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
vegita1220 said:

Not true ... had a friend of mine who was offered the choice to come in as some sort of strange, undesignated, red-headed stepchild (with the opportunity to lat transfer to SWO after a couple of years) or to go civilian.

She's now a civilian, but it was her choice.

Waiver: Unless she just lied straight to my face.

beau

VarmintShooter said:
Not true ... had a friend of mine who was offered the choice to come in as some sort of strange, undesignated, red-headed stepchild (with the opportunity to lat transfer to SWO after a couple of years) or to go civilian.

She's now a civilian, but it was her choice.

Waiver: Unless she just lied straight to my face.

all I heard was "blah blah blah, red headed, blah blay"

was she redheaded??? mmmmm! haha :icon_tong

B

Blutonski816

Godspeed said:
For some reason they wouldn't let me buy the NFWS patch for my backpack.

They probably don't want people cramping their style :icon_smil

I remember a story about the O-Club at Miramar after "Top Gun" came out...
Wednesday nights got really packed with a now insane number of women looking for a TOPGUN instructor to hook up with. NFWS guys also began to notice many guy coming in flight suits and fronting as Instructors...
One Wednesday, the guys from NFWS spot a guy they'd never seen before, not on TOPGUN staff, but perfectly decked out wiht the right set of patches in the right place, Brown leather nametag, etc. They approach the guy and ask who the hell he was.

Turns out he was a Coast Guard Guy from San Diego...

I guess its stories like those that make the NFWS guys greedy when it comes to patches...

probably why they sort of tweaked the patch a bit in the past years
Before
weaponSchool_small.gif

After
fwsmiggrad.JPG

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Back in the day...

...when it was at NAS Miramar....Wednesday night's were awesome...we had a mini F-14 on a 20 foot long track that went into the pool if you f****d up. Had to pull the tailhook release at just the right time or into the drink you went.
Not unlike the one at Cubi....

Attachments

• VF114_NFWS.jpg
    VF114_NFWS.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 91

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Schnuggapup said:
...when it was at NAS Miramar....Wednesday night's were awesome....

You were a Vark?? ...one of the best fighter squadrons in Miramar -- one man's opinion.

Can you refresh this old man's memory? Wednesday night -- Miramar, Thursday -- Bully's ?? (LaJolla) -- I'm forgetting here now ... there were about 4-5 nights Wednesday through Saturday or something ....

MCRD and North Island figured in there somehow ... Even Boom's -- was that still open when you were there ?? Right at the end of the runway @ San Diego?

MAHALO !

Status
Not open for further replies.