• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

Sache

How will a board view your acceptance in another board during the evaluation process? I was accepted in SWO, but will Intel see that and count that against me even though they are my first choice?

Areum

How will a board view your acceptance in another board during the evaluation process? I was accepted in SWO, but will Intel see that and count that against me even though they are my first choice?

it depends on your preference list. If you listed if you listed SWO as #1 and got pro rec y'd for that, then your kit stops moving. if however, you listed INTEL as #1, and SWO as something lower, your kit will keep moving till it is seen by at least the INTEL board before it stops getting processed. Basically, whatever board you ranked higher will determine how far your kit goes.

exNavyOffRec

it depends on your preference list. If you listed if you listed SWO as #1 and got pro rec y'd for that, then your kit stops moving. if however, you listed INTEL as #1, and SWO as something lower, your kit will keep moving till it is seen by at least the INTEL board before it stops getting processed. Basically, whatever board you ranked higher will determine how far your kit goes.

and unless it is the Pilot/NFO/SWO board they won't know you were pro Y, so if you applied for NFO/SWO/Intel then NFO and SWO will know you were picked for either NFO or SWO, but Intel won't know you were picked, just like if you were picked by Intel then NFO and SWO wouldn't know you were picked.

Grizzly757

I have been waiting for a trip to MEPS for just about a month now. Is there a usual waiting period to get an appointment or does it just depend on how busy they are at the location I need to go to?

Sache

I have been waiting for a trip to MEPS for just about a month now. Is there a usual waiting period to get an appointment or does it just depend on how busy they are at the location I need to go to?

It took less than a week for me...I'm in OKC though.

AaronJB

Dumb Ensign, VT-6
I'm sure it depends on location. Where are you located? I have a buddy of mine who has been waiting to get into the MEPS here in Minneapolis for about a month, maybe longer.

Grizzly757

I'm sure it depends on location. Where are you located? I have a buddy of mine who has been waiting to get into the MEPS here in Minneapolis for about a month, maybe longer.

I am in Norfolk VA. I suppose this may be a busy area due to all the military around here. I guess I will keep waiting. I am getting a little silly and starting to worry about somehow hurting myself by stepping off of a curb wrong or some such nonsense. I guess I can seal myself in a bubble until I hear back about a potential date.:D

exNavyOffRec

I am in Norfolk VA. I suppose this may be a busy area due to all the military around here. I guess I will keep waiting. I am getting a little silly and starting to worry about somehow hurting myself by stepping off of a curb wrong or some such nonsense. I guess I can seal myself in a bubble until I hear back about a potential date.:D

MEPS don't see military so that shouldn't be an issue, I would talk to your OR to make sure something wasn't lost.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Just got contacted today. It seems they need more info regarding the prk I had done a few years ago. Progress!

I know at the MEPS I sent apps to they have to have a doctor fill out a LASIK form with meddocs before I can send them down for a physical.

Also, many MEPS facilities are undermanned meaning they can only review a certain amount of medical records per day. At my MEPS is 10 records and about 30-40 or so are sent everyday.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
If you have no serious medical issues I can send an applicant to MEPS within 3 business days
True. I went to meps twice. Once for the physical second for a psych consult. But I went astray to tell them I had a heart murmur. Needless to say my recruiter wasn't pleased. But it worked for both of us in the end.

FormerRecruitingGuru

True. I went to meps twice. Once for the physical second for a psych consult. But I went astray to tell them I had a heart murmur. Needless to say my recruiter wasn't pleased. But it worked for both of us in the end.

That is why you need to tell your recruiter everything about your medical history before going to MEPS to save the time and effort. But in the end, you got where you need to be now.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Just got contacted today. It seems they need more info regarding the prk I had done a few years ago. Progress!

Also, since you're 29 and applying for NUPOC, did you get your age waiver approved? You have to be commissioned before 29 unless you have an approved age waiver.