• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

AaronJB

Dumb Ensign, VT-6
I'm curious if anyone could shed some light on the N3M process. From what I understand, clearing MEPS and clearing N3M are two separate animals. I'm applying SNA and have been told this week by my OR that I was cleared by MEPS and that my kit will now be going to the board for review. My main question is when does my information obtained during my physical at MEPS go to N3M? Is it after a Pro-Rec letter and prior to a FS letter or is it before the selection board even sees my kit?

Thanks for your help guys! AW has been an incredibly helpful resource and has alleviated many questions and/or concerns I've had during this process.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
I'm curious if anyone could shed some light on the N3M process. From what I understand, clearing MEPS and clearing N3M are two separate animals. I'm applying SNA and have been told this week by my OR that I was cleared by MEPS and that my kit will now be going to the board for review. My main question is when does my information obtained during my physical at MEPS go to N3M? Is it after a Pro-Rec letter and prior to a FS letter or is it before the selection board even sees my kit?

Thanks for your help guys! AW has been an incredibly helpful resource and has alleviated many questions and/or concerns I've had during this process.
You may already be PQ'd by N3M. I didn't know for a month that I was qualified because my recruiter just didn't tell me rather he moved forward in the process. Sometimes "no news is good news".

exNavyOffRec

per the new memo's you have to be cleared by N3M to go to board, what MEPS says really doesn't matter N3M looks at the physical to what their standards are so MEPS doesn't "clear" officer candidates.

once your labs are back from your MEPS physical the processor loads that info into MEDWAIVE, N3M then pulls that info from the system, reviews it and makes a determination.

AaronJB

Dumb Ensign, VT-6
You may already be PQ'd by N3M. I didn't know for a month that I was qualified because my recruiter just didn't tell me rather he moved forward in the process. Sometimes "no news is good news".

per the new memo's you have to be cleared by N3M to go to board, what MEPS says really doesn't matter N3M looks at the physical to what their standards are so MEPS doesn't "clear" officer candidates.

once your labs are back from your MEPS physical the processor loads that info into MEDWAIVE, N3M then pulls that info from the system, reviews it and makes a determination.

Understood. Thank you!

Last edited:

mattl02428

Will an alcohol waiver kill your chances, had a dui 2 years back and it was the dumbest thing I've ever done but I learned from it and don't want it to ruin my dream

exNavyOffRec

Will an alcohol waiver kill your chances, had a dui 2 years back and it was the dumbest thing I've ever done but I learned from it and don't want it to ruin my dream

It depends on the senior member, I have seen a few with DUI's get in and many turned down, if it is between you and someone without a legal issue it will go to the other guy.

You may have two issues, the DUI and the board will see you were underage drinking.

Have you been to MEPS yet?

mattl02428

It depends on the senior member, I have seen a few with DUI's get in and many turned down, if it is between you and someone without a legal issue it will go to the other guy.

You may have two issues, the DUI and the board will see you were underage drinking.

I have been to meps. I'm speaking with an Executive Officer tomorrow. My recruiter said I should be ok because of my other qualities and he can tell I'm not an alcoholic and if I impress the xo I have a chance

exNavyOffRec

I have been to meps. I'm speaking with an Executive Officer tomorrow. My recruiter said I should be ok because of my other qualities and he can tell I'm not an alcoholic and if I impress the xo I have a chance

If you have been to MEPS and didn't need a psych consult that is good, it really just depends on what the senior members policy is.

Sache

How do tickets play a factor?

Would they pick the younger guy will equal stats over the older guy? Certain quota in making sure the pool is diversified (race/gender)?

Degree choice? Specifically STEM degrees in Intel/IW?

I heard that there is portion on my application that my OR can personally recommend me or not?:eek:

Sorry for all the questions. :D

Renegade One

None
How do tickets play a factor?

Would they pick the younger guy will equal stats over the older guy? Certain quota in making sure the pool is diversified (race/gender)?

Degree choice? Specifically STEM degrees in Intel/IW?

I heard that there is portion on my application that my OR can personally recommend me or not?:eek:

Sorry for all the questions. :D
C'mon, man, you're killing me. But…to respond (I think) to your questions:

1. No interaction with Law Enforcement is better than ANY interaction with Law Enforcement. A couple of tickets? No biggie, I don't think. DUIs and a longer "rap sheet"? These are clearly in the other category.
2. Younger is usually better, but it depends on so many other things that it's probably not worth worrying about, especially since "you is what you is"…and can't change it.
3. Yes, diversity is a consideration, and rightly so. I choose to believe it is largely a "tie-breaker". Your goal is to make sure you're ahead of the peer-pack at application time…in all respects.
4. Degrees are important, more so within individual communities. I can't help you here…don't know what's valued these days, or where they're considered more important.
5. Ask your OR about the OR portion of your app...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Even if you were arrested (drunk in public, DUI, etc.) but never charged or the cases were dropped, it will still show up in your record when we do the security clearance and will be treated as if you were guilty/actually charged. As for traffic tickets, it depends on the number but generally all you need to do is write a handwritten statement (who, what, where, when, why, etc.) about the incident.

exNavyOffRec

C'mon, man, you're killing me. But…to respond (I think) to your questions:

3. Yes, diversity is a consideration, and rightly so. I choose to believe it is largely a "tie-breaker". Your goal is to make sure you're ahead of the peer-pack at application time…in all respects.

it is looked at on the backend (after selections) to determine if they need to find more diversity candidates to apply, in this regard NRC does it right.