• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

exNavyOffRec

I was pretty confident that is was not a training issue more of a Chief that slipped through the cracks and made Chief.

Its just funny that one processor can do it and another cannot, my status has not changed since the last processor pulled up my records. So im pretty sure we are going to miss the April board as well, im switching OR's and im pretty sure I will not be able to get my records fast enough to make the April board. I dont think any one can speed up BUPERS

If your evals were put into your USAR record and you are a still a member of the USAR that might be how they were pulled, but once a person is completely out you have to get the CD from the archives.

fedman28

I understand that but like I said my status has not changed. I am willing to put money on the fact that he didn't even check to see if they can get them! We are talking about a guy who shows up 30min late to every appt. and doesn't even apologize for it his work ethic is crap.

exNavyOffRec

I understand that but like I said my status has not changed. I am willing to put money on the fact that he didn't even check to see if they can get them! We are talking about a guy who shows up 30min late to every appt. and doesn't even apologize for it his work ethic is crap.

I am getting the feeling that he will not be getting a "thank you" card from you when you get accepted? That was the nice part of my job.

fedman28

Ummm no lol he had better hope he retires before I get my commission the Navy doesn't need slack a** sailors like that in the fleet. It's not only a disgrace to the CPO community but a disgrace to the Navy! But what do I know I'm just a civie

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
RUFiO: Any GOOD news for all of the bright young hopefuls who kinda lurk around here in order to sniff the waters?

YOU started this thread, and I think you've posted all of 5-6 times, (out of 72 postings….) most of which is "can't talk if you're working with someone else"..."don't eat or drink before your physical"...or "best to talk to someone else ( the Division Officer of the PSC?…)".

What EXACTLY were you offering here?

I don't care…but some others probably do, since YOU made the offer.

Many questions are answered by fellow/previous recruiters before I can even add my two cents, unless you want me to post "concur with previous posts" to make my presence known here. Additionally, many folks will post and then message me directly and I'll do my best to take care of the situation VIA PM.

As for Fedman28's case, as I said before he needs to talk to the Division Officer in charge of the PSC. In recruiting we have divisions, meaning that PSC reports directly to an officer (O-2 to O-4 likely). Every applicant deserves the appropriate customer service, and just like in the civilian world if he's getting shitty customer service he should/needs to talk to management to see what went wrong and how to get where he needs to be.

Renegade One

None
Many questions are answered by fellow/previous recruiters before I can even add my two cents, unless you want me to post "concur with previous posts" to make my presence known here. Additionally, many folks will post and then message me directly and I'll do my best to take care of the situation VIA PM.
Apparently, you and I don't perceive the same levels of frustration from aspirants. But YOU are the OP for this thread…which, IMHO, carries some responsibility. I do appreciate the PM networking…and will take your word for it. Probably the best path for many of the questions you receive.

As for Fedman28's case, as I said before he needs to talk to the Division Officer in charge of the PSC. In recruiting we have divisions, meaning that PSC reports directly to an officer (O-2 to O-4 likely). Every applicant deserves the appropriate customer service, and just like in the civilian world if he's getting shitty customer service he should/needs to talk to management to see what went wrong and how to get where he needs to be.
Do most applicant's KNOW this..and are provided a contact list for the PSC/RDC chain of command? My perception (could be wrong…) is that they do not. They mostly seem to have a single POC…the original OR with whom they had contact....which probably can be frustrating.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
More times than not they don't. That is why the Fedman needs to talk to the PSC and request to speak to his Division Officer (PSC's immediate supervisor) to see what exactly went wrong and what's the plan of action from here on out. If that doesn't work, call the NRD headquarters and request to speak with the AOPS or OPS.

exNavyOffRec

More times than not they don't. That is why the Fedman needs to talk to the PSC and request to speak to his Division Officer (PSC's immediate supervisor) to see what exactly went wrong and what's the plan of action from here on out. If that doesn't work, call the NRD headquarters and request to speak with the AOPS or OPS.

not all NRD's operate the same so some OR's may not have a DIVO, I and several others reported directed to OACR, I know some NRD's are still doing the same, but this was really due to manning and how they wanted to arrange things.

fedman28

Just to put my perspective on this, I really dont feel comfortable confronting my OR at all. He is not the most approachable guy at all, most of the time he does not say 2 words to me unless it involves the packet and is easily aggravated so I would not ask him who is supervisor is at all and this guy seems to be on his own. I contacted a LCDR that was in my local NRD and he has heard of this guy but he is not a part of that NRD so who knows who he reports to or where his NRD is. I was passed down from one person to another to another until my current OR.

exNavyOffRec

Just to put my perspective on this, I really dont feel comfortable confronting my OR at all. He is not the most approachable guy at all, most of the time he does not say 2 words to me unless it involves the packet and is easily aggravated so I would not ask him who is supervisor is at all and this guy seems to be on his own.

He sounds like the perfect OR, I mean don't we want OR's that are not approachable and easily aggravated? It isn't like they need to go to career fairs and interact with the public.

He might work directly for the OACR, that is what I did as well as a few other OR's at my NRD, some other NRD's have OR's that do that as well.

I contacted a LCDR that was in my local NRD and he has heard of this guy but he is not a part of that NRD so who knows who he reports to or where his NRD is. I was passed down from one person to another to another until my current OR.

How can the LCDR be at the local NRD buy your OR not?

fedman28

Like i said NavyOffRec i got passed around I think he switches out with an OR from down here and goes back and forth. Ill PM you some more details.

Areum

How does the final select letter process even work? I ask because i have kind of a weird situation and would like to guesstimate when my letter will come. I was pro-rec Y for SNA on the dec 2013 board. however, SNA was not my #1 designator. Intel was. I waited until Feb 8th before pulling my kit from the INTEL board, since i still hadn't decided which one i wanted more, but in the end i chose aviation. So my application was never seen by the INTEL board, i called my recruiter, submitted written authorization to pull my kit from any further processing and yeah. that brings me to now. that same day, feb 8th, i told my recruiter to do everything necessary to make sure my final select letter for SNA came as soon as possible and mention that if he could, to slot me for the earliest date possible. he said that most likely i'd either be put into an OCS class within the March-May period of FY 2014.

is this plausible? did my final select letter only start getting generated after i called my OR to pull my app from further processing? or has the FS been on its way since january regardless of whether or not my kit was slated to see more boards?

your help would be much appreciated.

And I have been to MEPS already. i went before even submitting my application. from what my recruiter told me, it seems like i have everything in order to properly receive my FS

VQIW31

How does the final select letter process even work? I ask because i have kind of a weird situation and would like to guesstimate when my letter will come. I was pro-rec Y for SNA on the dec 2013 board. however, SNA was not my #1 designator. Intel was. I waited until Feb 8th before pulling my kit from the INTEL board, since i still hadn't decided which one i wanted more, but in the end i chose aviation. So my application was never seen by the INTEL board, i called my recruiter, submitted written authorization to pull my kit from any further processing and yeah. that brings me to now. that same day, feb 8th, i told my recruiter to do everything necessary to make sure my final select letter for SNA came as soon as possible and mention that if he could, to slot me for the earliest date possible. he said that most likely i'd either be put into an OCS class within the March-May period of FY 2014.

is this plausible? did my final select letter only start getting generated after i called my OR to pull my app from further processing? or has the FS been on its way since january regardless of whether or not my kit was slated to see more boards?

your help would be much appreciated.

And I have been to MEPS already. i went before even submitting my application. from what my recruiter told me, it seems like i have everything in order to properly receive my FS

I can tell you my experience when it comes to the final select letter, and by no means is it applicable to everyone... If you have done everything that is required for SNA after the Pro-rec, the best advice I can give is to be patient. Easier said than done, I know, but there are a lot of moving pieces and parts in Millington and they are experiencing technical difficulties due to weather as of right now. Just try to keep a positive outlook and realize that you've made it past one of the hardest parts in a very competitive selection process! As for how the FS letter is actually processed and routed, I only know that it takes time and that there are many factors that are unknown to me but just keep following up on a regular basis. The OCS processors are fairly busy but they are really good about letting you, or your OR if there is any addtional info that they need. Hope this helps!