• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

Grizzly757

Also, since you're 29 and applying for NUPOC, did you get your age waiver approved? You have to be commissioned before 29 unless you have an approved age waiver.
That I am unsure about. The gentalman I am working with (not an OR, by the way, but a government employee working out of Millington WITH a Navy OR) is aware that I need one, but I figured that waiver would either a)come out of NR in DC or that b) he had already taken care of it.

exNavyOffRec

That I am unsure about. The gentalman I am working with (not an OR, by the way, but a government employee working out of Millington WITH a Navy OR) is aware that I need one, but I figured that waiver would either a)come out of NR in DC or that b) he had already taken care of it.

are you going for fleet, instructor or NR?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I've never done age waivers for NUPOC, but if they're anything like GENOFF programs, it's going to be difficult to get a waiver approved as a non-prior.

Grizzly757

I've never done age waivers for NUPOC, but if they're anything like GENOFF programs, it's going to be difficult to get a waiver approved as a non-prior.
I have heard that is generally easier for NUPOC as they are one of the few communities that have more positions than people applying. That could be complete BS that I have picked up from others though. Where will the waiver actually come from? How far along into the process will I get before they look at getting a waiver?

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
Does anyone know how long one is usually at MEPS for? I have a San Diego MEPS appointment set up for next tuesday, and I'll start the process around 545am, and my recruiter told me that I should be out around noon. So does MEPS usually last 6 hours or can it go past that? I went to MEPS when I entered the Navy as an enlisted sailor, but I don't remember it lasting that long. I'm asking because I have a part time job that starts at 2pm, I'm leaning towards just calling my supervisor for the day off.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Does anyone know how long one is usually at MEPS for? I have a San Diego MEPS appointment set up for next tuesday, and I'll start the process around 545am, and my recruiter told me that I should be out around noon. So does MEPS usually last 6 hours or can it go past that? I went to MEPS when I entered the Navy as an enlisted sailor, but I don't remember it lasting that long. I'm asking because I have a part time job that starts at 2pm, I'm leaning towards just calling my supervisor for the day off.
It depends on how busy it is. I went through MEPS in San Diego almost 2 years ago but I doubt that much has changed. I remember being there for lunch but leaving shortly after that. I would expect to leave anywhere from 1200-1400. Most of your day will be sitting and waiting.

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
It depends on how busy it is. I went through MEPS in San Diego almost 2 years ago but I doubt that much has changed. I remember being there for lunch but leaving shortly after that. I would expect to leave anywhere from 1200-1400. Most of your day will be sitting and waiting.

Do you remember if people are allowed to bring books to read while waiting in MEPS?

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
Do you remember if people are allowed to bring books to read while waiting in MEPS?
When I went, they made us put everything in a side room, I don't think a book would have been allowed. I passed the time chatting with young, scared, about-to-be Marines.

mike23!

I have a question regarding submitting a package on active duty vs. civilian. I am coming up on my EAS (11 May 14) and I will be completing my bachelors in August of this year. My overall goal is to fly in the Navy, with that being said, I was wandering if it really makes a difference submitting a package on active duty opposed to a civilian. I already have a job lined up if I get out and I will still submit a package for the October board whether I get out or extend. What would you say, from a recruiter perspective.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I don't think it's a major or even a difference if you submit as a prior or active duty. You're going to have the same experience (evals, awards, quals, etc.) regardless of what you submit. I do HIGHLY recommend getting your commissioning physical (2807/2808 forms) done now while you're still active duty as opposed to getting out and having to go to MEPS once again. It'll save you a hassle down the road.

mike23!

I don't think it's a major or even a difference if you submit as a prior or active duty. You're going to have the same experience (evals, awards, quals, etc.) regardless of what you submit. I do HIGHLY recommend getting your commissioning physical (2807/2808 forms) done now while you're still active duty as opposed to getting out and having to go to MEPS once again. It'll save you a hassle down the road.
I had seen that some posts on AW had mentioned that the physicals couldn't be more than 90 days old at the time of the package submission. Is that only for the flight physical portion?

FormerRecruitingGuru

I had seen that some posts on AW had mentioned that the physicals couldn't be more than 90 days old at the time of the package submission. Is that only for the flight physical portion?

That's correct. However, if your 2808 is less than 2 years old, you can get the 2807-1 form updated (have the doctor explain that no changes have occurred between the last physical and now). Have him/her sign it off, attach it to the 2808 and submit to N3M. I've done this with applicants in the past and N3M approved it.

AE2ENSIGN

I had a question. Should a SELRES Enlisted applicant use the fleet OCS checklist that pertains to active duty personnel,or should I be following the normal OCS checklist for everyone?