• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

Jules_W

Hello sirs,

I was wondering if everyone is given an unofficial OCS date, or if some people are just not slotted for a prospective date until the last seocond? I am wondering because I have not received an unofficial date, and neither have many others in final select purgatory at the moment. I feel kind of bad assuming my OR is just lazy and won't look what CIRIMS has for me.

Lancerr1

Hello sirs,

I was wondering if everyone is given an unofficial OCS date, or if some people are just not slotted for a prospective date until the last seocond? I am wondering because I have not received an unofficial date, and neither have many others in final select purgatory at the moment. I feel kind of bad assuming my OR is just lazy and won't look what CIRIMS has for me.

I can chime in here from info I got out of a previous thread.. It's not required to have a penciled in date, and many applicants don't get them. Usually they are given out in just a few cases: If the OR and the applicant have discussed when the applicant is available to go to OCS (ie timing issues could arise). If the OR is scheduled to transfer duties and has Pro Rec-Y applicants awaiting Final Select, occasionally the OR will get a penciled in date for the applicant before he or she transfers (this happened with a recruiter here out of Abq. *cough*@Leetwo *cough*) Unless you have extenuating circumstances and request a date, they probably won't pencil you in.

SemperFiDay

This may be the wrong thread - but maybe I will get a reply with information that I am looking for. I have tried numerous searches but cannot locate the answer:

I am being told that I will be meeting with my processor to sign some paperwork before it goes up to NRC for the board(s). Is this an interview? I ask because I am on orders (reservist) and would like to know if it is because showing-up to an interview in utilities would not be the most professional appearance. I am just a little confused on what the processor does (I only met them once - when I took the ASTB-E).

Thanks in advance!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
This may be the wrong thread - but maybe I will get a reply with information that I am looking for. I have tried numerous searches but cannot locate the answer:

I am being told that I will be meeting with my processor to sign some paperwork before it goes up to NRC for the board(s). Is this an interview? I ask because I am on orders (reservist) and would like to know if it is because showing-up to an interview in utilities would not be the most professional appearance. I am just a little confused on what the processor does (I only met them once - when I took the ASTB-E).

Thanks in advance!

Did you ask your OR or processor this question? Each NRD has different business rules as to what and how processing goes.

As a potential officer get used to using your resources and searching for answers before throwing your hands up and asking for help.

Last edited:

TC2014

Hi, I had a few questions about a recruiter if anyone could help. Sorry if this is long I need to get this off my chest though. Last 9 months I've been trying to get my Navy OCS packet together. Tested in May I believe and did well, pilot scores could use improvement but I told my recruiter I'd retest to bring them up. No criminal history or medical problems and 3.7 gpa as well.

Next was getting MEPS scheduled. For 7 MONTHS my recruiter has been "trying" but hasn't had success. He blamed it on the complexities of getting me an appointment since I've had PRK done (almost 3 years ago) and MEPS kept requesting paperwork bla bla bla. About 3 weeks ago I went into the army office to try for their OCS - didn't want all my eggs in one basket escpailyl with how slow things with the navy were going. They got me a MEPS appointment in 2 weeks ( at the same facility as the navy does theirs) and has my packet together for this board. See. I'm older and going to age out of aviation if I couldn't get my packet in for this bored - next is in March and I turn 27 a few months later. My navy recruiter knew this and promised it would work.

so now I've informed him I had MEPS done thtoigh the army and he was happy it was done. I got everything else for my packet together without his hep, but still he said it's too late for December boards. I asked for an extension - the army was able to get me one easily to get my packet in - he said he'd look into it, got back to me and said they couldn't do it, but I can apply for an age waiver. On top of all this, the entire process over the last 8 months has involved him not answering emails or phone calls, giving me incorrect information, and when it was about a week and a half before the deadline for this board he goes on a week leave without mentioning it to me! Knowing that I NEEDED to be in this board due to my age. It's so disappointing and so discouraging that I feel continuing anything with the navy is pointless. Looking back though my question is was it me? Was this him trying to tell me they don't want me? Or was he just an awful recruiter? I'm just angry and frustrated, but so glad that the army has been able to make me feel welcomed and appreciate my packet ( I've scored in the top 2% for army and top 10% for the navy test, so I truly thought I was a desirable candidate. Also no criminal history or medical issues, 3.7 gpa). Any insight would be great thanks!

exNavyOffRec

Hi, I had a few questions about a recruiter if anyone could help. Sorry if this is long I need to get this off my chest though. Last 9 months I've been trying to get my Navy OCS packet together. Tested in May I believe and did well, pilot scores could use improvement but I told my recruiter I'd retest to bring them up. No criminal history or medical problems and 3.7 gpa as well.

Next was getting MEPS scheduled. For 7 MONTHS my recruiter has been "trying" but hasn't had success. He blamed it on the complexities of getting me an appointment since I've had PRK done (almost 3 years ago) and MEPS kept requesting paperwork bla bla bla. About 3 weeks ago I went into the army office to try for their OCS - didn't want all my eggs in one basket escpailyl with how slow things with the navy were going. They got me a MEPS appointment in 2 weeks ( at the same facility as the navy does theirs) and has my packet together for this board. See. I'm older and going to age out of aviation if I couldn't get my packet in for this bored - next is in March and I turn 27 a few months later. My navy recruiter knew this and promised it would work.

so now I've informed him I had MEPS done thtoigh the army and he was happy it was done. I got everything else for my packet together without his hep, but still he said it's too late for December boards. I asked for an extension - the army was able to get me one easily to get my packet in - he said he'd look into it, got back to me and said they couldn't do it, but I can apply for an age waiver. On top of all this, the entire process over the last 8 months has involved him not answering emails or phone calls, giving me incorrect information, and when it was about a week and a half before the deadline for this board he goes on a week leave without mentioning it to me! Knowing that I NEEDED to be in this board due to my age. It's so disappointing and so discouraging that I feel continuing anything with the navy is pointless. Looking back though my question is was it me? Was this him trying to tell me they don't want me? Or was he just an awful recruiter? I'm just angry and frustrated, but so glad that the army has been able to make me feel welcomed and appreciate my packet ( I've scored in the top 2% for army and top 10% for the navy test, so I truly thought I was a desirable candidate. Also no criminal history or medical issues, 3.7 gpa). Any insight would be great thanks!

Taking everything at face value I would guess that the OR had candidates that had higher ASTB scores (yours are low) that he thought would give him a better chance at getting people selected since he has an application goal and at some point it is my understanding just tell him he can't submit any more. If that is the case then he should have been up front with you, had you retake the ASTB, or figure out what you want to do.

The other option is he wasn't a good recruiter and that is possible as well.

They don't do extensions on the kit due dates, and they don't do waivers for people that are not prior service, so I am leaning that he just isn't a good recruiter.

desertflyer

Taking everything at face value I would guess that the OR had candidates that had higher ASTB scores (yours are low) that he thought would give him a better chance at getting people selected since he has an application goal and at some point it is my understanding just tell him he can't submit any more. If that is the case then he should have been up front with you, had you retake the ASTB, or figure out what you want to do.

They don't do extensions on the kit due dates, and they don't do waivers for people that are not prior service, so I am leaning that he just isn't a good recruiter.

I'm going through the same situation. My MEPs has been cancelled 5 times, one of the times I showed up to the hotel the night before to find out. The day before I went to take my ASTB, the administer had a heart attack and I had to wait 2 months to get rescheduled. I was scheduled for MEPs on Monday, and it got cancelled because according to my recruiter, the CO gave everyone the week off for Christmas. My recruiter keeps telling me that there is the possibility that I can get a waiver to apply for the January board without my MEPs paperwork. He is going to find out on Tuesday, but I am highly doubtful that this is possible.

Oh yeah, my ASTB scores were 57 8,8,8 so I'm not sure it's due to better applicants. I think this is just a first hand glimpse of the bureaucracy of the Navy.

exNavyOffRec

I'm going through the same situation. My MEPs has been cancelled 5 times, one of the times I showed up to the hotel the night before to find out. The day before I went to take my ASTB, the administer had a heart attack and I had to wait 2 months to get rescheduled. I was scheduled for MEPs on Monday, and it got cancelled because according to my recruiter, the CO gave everyone the week off for Christmas. My recruiter keeps telling me that there is the possibility that I can get a waiver to apply for the January board without my MEPs paperwork. He is going to find out on Tuesday, but I am highly doubtful that this is possible.

Oh yeah, my ASTB scores were 57 8,8,8 so I'm not sure it's due to better applicants. I think this is just a first hand glimpse of the bureaucracy of the Navy.

so I wouldn't count the heart attack, that is a one off that is out of anyone's control. If you went to the hotel then it sounds like MEPS turned you away so something wasn't in order, so while you have been trying to get to MEPS like the other person, your situation sounds more like a MEPS issue than a recruiter issue.

desertflyer

so I wouldn't count the heart attack, that is a one off that is out of anyone's control. If you went to the hotel then it sounds like MEPS turned you away so something wasn't in order, so while you have been trying to get to MEPS like the other person, your situation sounds more like a MEPS issue than a recruiter issue.

Agreed. I've had similar experiences too with MEPS requesting additional paperwork with had having LASIK. I've had to go back to my optometrist a few times to get additional tests. Then it takes up to a week to get approval, then 3 days advanced to try and schedule and hope they don't find something else wrong. I'm hoping it will be good next try.

Do you think it's still possible to get in for the January board? What about the MEPS waiver, is this typical?

TC2014

Agreed. I've had similar experiences too with MEPS requesting additional paperwork with had having LASIK. I've had to go back to my optometrist a few times to get additional tests. Then it takes up to a week to get approval, then 3 days advanced to try and schedule and hope they don't find something else wrong. I'm hoping it will be good next try.

Do you think it's still possible to get in for the January board? What about the MEPS waiver, is this typical?
Hey are you going for aviation? If so is there a January board? They told me next one was March

TC2014

Thanks so much for responding. You know right after I took the ASTB I wanted to retake and a) the recruiter told me I didn't have to my scores were good - exact words "dont worry great job!" He also told me we can apply and because aviation had rolling boards I could just reapply whenever if it got kicked back - also wrong from what other recruiters told me. As well I guess he was wrong about me possibly getting an extension and about me possibly getting an age waiver?

desertflyer

Hey are you going for aviation? If so is there a January board? They told me next one was March
Yes, SNA or SNFO. There's a January board, but the applications were due December 16th, which is why I'm doubtful my package will make the January board. Otherwise I'll be going for the March one too.

TC2014

Yes, SNA or SNFO. There's a January board, but the applications were due December 16th, which is why I'm doubtful my package will make the January board. Otherwise I'll be going for the March one too.
Ahh gotcha gotcha. Yeaaa it sucks. At that point in aged out. But best of luck to you my friend!