• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

BleedGreen

pilot
I went from SELRES to OCS and was instructed to use the normal checklist. The most important part was getting the DD368 conditional release form. I was under the impression the OR was responsible for that but its something you need to go through your NOSC for.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I went from SELRES to OCS and was instructed to use the normal checklist. The most important part was getting the DD368 conditional release form. I was under the impression the OR was responsible for that but its something you need to go through your NOSC for.

Talking with NOPO more clarification will be put out for SELRES applicants, but for now I say stick to the OCS and not FLEET checklist.

As for the 368, you will now route it to your NOSC who then routes it to PERS for approval.

mike23!

Talking with NOPO more clarification will be put out for SELRES applicants, but for now I say stick to the OCS and not FLEET checklist.

As for the 368, you will now route it to your NOSC who then routes it to PERS for approval.
The fleet checklist is for Active Duty?

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
other than the OCS gouge packet provided by my recruiter should I be brushing up on any subjects like math and sciences in prep for OCS classes or is the majority of OCS application of new concepts? I studied for the ASTB/OAR but that was pretty much for that test and didn't know if we would need to recall any of that from memory?

AE2ENSIGN

I spoke with my NOSC this weekend and they told me I should hold off on submitting my DD 368 until I get my CO recommendation letter from my squadron. They said it looks better when the NOSC CO sees that you have been recommended for OCS from your squadron and makes it easier for him to sign off your DD 368.

BleedGreen

pilot
Your NOSC CO does not have final say on signing a DD 368. The personnel at PERS are responsible for who gets released and who doesn't. Just make sure your squadron's CO LOR, along with the request for conditional release, makes its farther than the NOSC CO's desk. In the end, you should have a DD 368 with a signature from someone down in Millington.

exNavyOffRec

Your kit won't be reviewed until NRC receives an approved DD368 by pers. So in essence your NOSC couldn't be any more wrong.

NOSC screw this up all the time, eventually we and the NOSC worked together so that after the unit CO signed his letter of recommendation it went to the NOSC admin to be logged in, then it was given to us for routing with the kit.

AE2ENSIGN

So, I just got the word from my recruiter that he is no longer authorized to assist me in my SELRES application to active duty OCS. He sent me the letter that explains the new procedures. Basically, I am suppose to work through my reserve command through my Command Career Counselor in submitting an OCS package. I emailed my Reserve Master Chief to let him know what's going on and hopefully he can find out what to do.

AE2ENSIGN

NOSC screw this up all the time, eventually we and the NOSC worked together so that after the unit CO signed his letter of recommendation it went to the NOSC admin to be logged in, then it was given to us for routing with the kit.
Once I get a CO recommendation Letter, can I just combine it with my DD 368 and give it to the NOSC Admin for them to route to PERS? Does the CO recommendation letter and DD 368 come back to me so that I can put it inside my package? how does that work?

BleedGreen

pilot
Once I get a CO recommendation Letter, can I just combine it with my DD 368 and give it to the NOSC Admin for them to route to PERS? Does the CO recommendation letter and DD 368 come back to me so that I can put it inside my package? how does that work?
Your NOSC needs a copy of the CO recommendation letter and DD 368 to route to PERS for their final signature. I am sorry to hear that your OR can no longer help you, I am assuming that's a new way of doing business? Anytime I spoke with my NOSC about submitting a package for OCS they were all clueless. I hope your experience is not the same.
Good luck!

exNavyOffRec

So, I just got the word from my recruiter that he is no longer authorized to assist me in my SELRES application to active duty OCS. He sent me the letter that explains the new procedures. Basically, I am suppose to work through my reserve command through my Command Career Counselor in submitting an OCS package. I emailed my Reserve Master Chief to let him know what's going on and hopefully he can find out what to do.

Sorry to hear that, you are in for an up hill battle as when it comes to OCS most CCC and commands in general are clueless in the procedures or how they work.

If the application for reserves and active duty ocs is the same PM me and I can tell you about my experiences with the whole process. I'm awaiting results for the April Board.

mike23!

Sorry to hear that, you are in for an up hill battle as when it comes to OCS most CCC and commands in general are clueless in the procedures or how they work.
That is correct, I've been on my own for the whole process except for the help I get from AW and my buddy that is going through the program now.