• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

WIDGET

i heard that one girl was able to donate her hair there. (all hearsay of course.) i didn't risk it and got it cut and sent to locks for love a week before OCS. when you're sitting in the chair, it's not the best time to raise your hand and say, "excuse me. can you donate this to locks for love."

vincentjus

Birth certificates? College transcripts?
Also do priors need to bring anything else besides ribbons and DD-214s?

Also, are ribbons alone sufficient or do I need mounted medals? Will ribbons and medals from ultrathin.com be acceptable?

WIDGET

if you're an SNA or SNFO you'll do extra swimming. they'll eventually put you in a flight suit and boots... regardless of how many times you tell them that you won't have to wear boots in pensacola for the test. the woman is pretty set in her ways. if anything, it'll make the swim test in p-cola that much easier w/out the boots.

WIDGET

at ocs? the woman in charge said it was personal preference. i wore them to prevent blisters. no, no extra gear. and we didn't have to pass any test in the flight suit at ocs... it was just to prepare us for API.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
if you're an SNA or SNFO you'll do extra swimming. they'll eventually put you in a flight suit and boots... regardless of how many times you tell them that you won't have to wear boots in pensacola for the test. the woman is pretty set in her ways. if anything, it'll make the swim test in p-cola that much easier w/out the boots.

Um, yes you will. You will have to do a couple tests involving swimming various distances with various amounts of gear on, INCLUDING your boots. The mile swim isn't in boots, but there ARE a few different evolutions that you swim in boots (and other gear).

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Well I was just asking about socks while swimming because they tend to just retain the water which in my opinion makes it slightly more difficult to swim with boots on.

WIDGET

i guess it's personal preference. i liked the socks. but absorption-wise, i didn't notice any extra weight.
bogey, yeah. i guess my wording was poor. i meant the mile swim in particular. my rommate said they had to wear helmets, vests, and boots today.

joshmf

Birth certificates? College transcripts?
Also do priors need to bring anything else besides ribbons and DD-214s?

Also, are ribbons alone sufficient or do I need mounted medals? Will ribbons and medals from ultrathin.com be acceptable?

Yes to both birth certificate and a copy of your college transcripts. Your recruiter should provide you with a list of all required documents, but if in doubt- bring it. Also, save any recipets (sp?) while traveling to OCS for your travel claim.

Also, I'm a prior and have only needed my DD-214s so far. If you have your medical records you may get out of some shots, but it's not a big deal.

Ultra-thin ribbons are acceptable, at least in my class, but your class team may have different guidance. You will have opportunities to buy any ribbons/ medals needed while at OCS, but if you want to bring them you will use ribbons, mini-medals, and full-size medals at different events.

Casual

Jammin'
None
Thread resurrection:

Should you bring 3 months worth of toiletries, or just enough for the immediate future? Do they let you in with 3 months worth?

3 months worth of toiletries would include one large tube of toothpaste, a toothbrush, a 4 oz thing of deodorant (yes I know it says no larger than 3 oz, no one cares), and a normal size bottle of shampoo (remember, you have no hair), and maybe 3-4 bars of soap (or one thing of body wash).

So yes, I would say bring 3 months worth.