• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

exNavyOffRec

that's exactly what I meant what I said they frowned on applicants calling CNRC. I had an applicant do this once and received the same feedback you described.

I would never have an applicant call NRC, that is my or my processors job, the 2 other PM's and myself used to joke about the NRD's that kept their OR's on a tight leash, the PM's always said if an OR has a question the just need to pick up the phone and call me (it was expected though that the OR calling was a CPO or officer).

exNavyOffRec

Received an email from a POC at NRC. They received 450 applications for this board and are selecting somewhere between 45-50 applicants across all designators. She also said the PM told her to look for the results to be posted this week.

That does seem realistic, and it seems in line with when IDC would have 2 boards per year.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
I would never have an applicant call NRC, that is my or my processors job, the 2 other PM's and myself used to joke about the NRD's that kept their OR's on a tight leash, the PM's always said if an OR has a question the just need to pick up the phone and call me (it was expected though that the OR calling was a CPO or officer).
I'm not sure why being an officer or a chief calling a PM would make any difference. Maybe I'll figure that one out in PHASE II. Also when I said I had an applicant....they did it on their own and I was the last to know about. Let's just say the COC works.

usmctonavy

Honestly, I never had an IDC select. I can tell you I focused more on and was successful with engineering based programs. Having said that, we used to see on average 200-300 applications at quarterly boards and about 10-20 selects. Never saw a board with more than 5 IP selects, maybe 10 max IW. rufio and navoffrec feel free to offer your experience. Good luck every one.
Yeah, I wanted EDO, but alas I was too old; My OR asked if I was interested in AMDO because of my previous background with the MAG's, but I wasn't feeling the whole brown shoe thing. (Though I had forgotten my OR is an aviator, and when I actually said that, he looked at me funny)

exNavyOffRec

I'm not sure why being an officer or a chief calling a PM would make any difference. Maybe I'll figure that one out in PHASE II. Also when I said I had an applicant....they did it on their own and I was the last to know about. Let's just say the COC works.

it is about 2 peers talking vice a peer talking to a subordinate

Phoenix84

Received an email from a POC at NRC. They received 450 applications for this board and are selecting somewhere between 45-50 applicants across all designators. She also said the PM told her to look for the results to be posted this week.
I really feel like this means I have no chance of getting in. I've never been in the top 10% of anything in my life. LOL

navyhaz

The 10%.... not surprised. I feel like this is information we all knew but were hoping would be better. I remember most of the regulars here discussing this around page 3 - 4 of this thread. The age friendly designators will always be difficult to get into. Most of you on this thread are SHIT HOT and I cannot see them saying they don't want you all in the officer corps!! How does one decide the top 10% of the top 0.14% that applied (assuming most the applicants were fleet). I'll be taking notes to get a feel for what they are looking for once the PRO REC post start rolling in.

My world wide assignable block recently changed(one of my children recently enrolled into EFMP). I'm still waiting to hear, but it's unclear how this will play out if selected. I guess we wait and see.

exNavyOffRec

It seems like a lot of folks here applied for IP, even though it has a considerably low selection rate.

I have seen many who had family in the EFMP do well, it seemed that they would do some of the short unaccompanied tours but don't know if this was by coincidence or choice, or what EFMP level they were.