• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

IWhopeful

Good evening,

Feel free to post stats here, ask questions, and network with others concerning the upcoming IDC board. Based on the information I saw, the board is scheduled for 15 September. I am applying for IW. I have no clue how I'm going to stack up. Hoping my GPA and major doesn't set me too far back:

29/Male 6 years prior service CTI2 (Spanish)
GPA: 3.15 Spanish Studies
OAR: 56
Evals: MP's, 2 New Guy P's, finished with 2 EPs
LORs: Former CO 06-Retired, Division Chief, Professor, Employer
Collaterals/Volunteering/Leadership: Navy Department Fitness Leader, Classification Advisory Officer, University English Teacher's Assistant, high school band president, 4 years high school football.

Does anyone know anything concrete about what is expected as far as Calculus and Calculus-based Physics for those applying for the IDC?? I took two semesters of Calculus and I'm about to start Calculus-based Physics; but those physics courses won't be in my application until future boards. Thanks, and good luck to everyone who applied!!

Last edited:

LadyT

@IWhopeful Where did you get your information from? I've been looking for the spreadsheet that has the boards fleshed out, but I cannot find it again.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good evening,

Feel free to post stats here, ask questions, and network with others concerning the upcoming IDC board. Based on the information I saw, the board is scheduled for 15 September. I am applying for IW. I have no clue how I'm going to stack up. Hoping my GPA and major doesn't set me too far back:

29/Male 6 years prior service CTI2 (Spanish)
GPA: 3.15 Spanish Studies
OAR: 56
Evals: MP's, 2 New Guy P's, finished with 2 EPs
LORs: Former CO 06-Retired, Division Chief, Professor, Employer
Collaterals/Volunteering/Leadership: Navy Department Fitness Leader, Classification Advisory Officer, University English Teacher's Assistant, high school band president, 4 years high school football.

Does anyone know anything concrete about what is expected as far as Calculus and Calculus-based Physics for those applying for the IDC?? I took two semesters of Calculus and I'm about to start Calculus-based Physics; but those physics courses won't be in my application until future boards. Thanks, and good luck to everyone who applied!!

http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/Program-Authorizations.htm

Search for IW. This is straight from the source.

navyhaz

Time slows down when waiting for these boards. With the summer board canceled it feels like we have been waiting the better part of a decade to get an answer. I need to know what I'm doing with my life; a degree only goes so far on the enlisted side... 24 more days until the board convenes and about 35 - 40 until we get a Pro Rec. My stats are in my signature. Good luck!!

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Time slows down when waiting for these boards. With the summer board canceled it feels like we have been waiting the better part of a decade to get an answer. I need to know what I'm doing with my life; a degree only goes so far on the enlisted side... 24 more days until the board convenes and about 35 - 40 until we get a Pro Rec. My stats are in my signature. Good luck!!

Yep, while I was getting my application and interviews done, boards where happening all of the time. Now that I have submitted my application time has slowed down to a crawl....

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
Hey all, I'm new to these forums but found them extremely useful when I was preparing for the OAR. I have a question. I've read that the IDC Boards have been favoring prior enlisted. I'm curious whether this means prior enlisted intel, specifically, or prior enlisted in general? Thanks in advance.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey all, I'm new to these forums but found them extremely useful when I was preparing for the OAR. I have a question. I've read that the IDC Boards have been favoring prior enlisted. I'm curious whether this means prior enlisted intel, specifically, or prior enlisted in general? Thanks in advance.

Prior IDC experience does help, but I have seen enlisted rates outside the IDC community get selected. There's a TAD Ensign at our command going INTEL who was a former GM1.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have a question. I've read that the IDC Boards have been favoring prior enlisted. I'm curious whether this means prior enlisted intel, specifically, or prior enlisted in general? Thanks in advance.
Usually from Intel specifically, or applicants with extensive Intel related experience.;)
BzB, prior ET2 (SS)

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
Thank you both. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear but hopefully I'll still be competitive.

chihon fung

From a LCRD IWO at my command "I have seen prior Hull Technicians make excellent Intel Officers."

IWhopeful

Thank you both. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear but hopefully I'll still be competitive.

PSUlaw,

I'm not an OR, but your stats look more than competitive. I'm just happy you selected Intel as #1 and not IW, because I think you have me beat. ;)