• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

exNavyOffRec

I found the IDC program manager(s). Using my NC1 as a proxy, I will be giving them a call in the morning. I'm really sick and tired of getting The airman salute. It's like no one has a damn clue as to what is going on. Zero communication between CNRC and the board.

The PM's are busy, not sure about the current ones policy but the ones I worked with was if they didn't recognize the number as an NRD number they didn't answer, and given that you are AD that could end up badly, one of the PM's I worked with was kind of a jerk, some poor sailor did call him (he really didn't like talking to anyone), the PM then told the director who told the region who's command the guy's command was in, then the region (O-6) contacted the guys CO (O-5) to ask why his guy didn't understand the chain of command.

Can you see how this could end up badly? if the guy had called one of the other 2 PM's it may have not been an issue, but do you really want to take the chance of having you CO talk to you about unpleasant things?

Rickblaine22

Faith...that was also a George Michael album which brought us great hits such as "I want your sex" and "father figure."

And by "great hits" I mean they suck.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Received an email from a POC at NRC. They received 450 applications for this board and are selecting somewhere between 45-50 applicants across all designators. She also said the PM told her to look for the results to be posted this week.

WHAT?! .... Now thats some good info!!! Still a rumor though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed regardless.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
The PM's are busy, not sure about the current ones policy but the ones I worked with was if they didn't recognize the number as an NRD number they didn't answer, and given that you are AD that could end up badly, one of the PM's I worked with was kind of a jerk, some poor sailor did call him (he really didn't like talking to anyone), the PM then told the director who told the region who's command the guy's command was in, then the region (O-6) contacted the guys CO (O-5) to ask why his guy didn't understand the chain of command.

Can you see how this could end up badly? if the guy had called one of the other 2 PM's it may have not been an issue, but do you really want to take the chance of having you CO talk to you about unpleasant things?
that's exactly what I meant what I said they frowned on applicants calling CNRC. I had an applicant do this once and received the same feedback you described.

Reactions: HTR

usmctonavy

Received an email from a POC at NRC. They received 450 applications for this board and are selecting somewhere between 45-50 applicants across all designators. She also said the PM told her to look for the results to be posted this week.
Thats par for the course I suppose, 10% selection rate. But across all designators? I thought they were trying to increase the program to combat the Chinese hackers, considering all the media about how we are lagging in cyberwarfare and whatnot.

navyhaz

My NC was going to make the call; he will not make a call like that without the triad being involved.... He won't even blink without the CMC telling him to do so. I'll tread lightly.

Thanks for saving our rear @NavyOffRec

Rickblaine22

Thats par for the course I suppose, 10% selection rate. But across all designators? I thought they were trying to increase the program to combat the Chinese hackers, considering all the media about how we are lagging in cyberwarfare and whatnot.

The increase is not for officers. They are beefing up enlisted rates that do cyber.

spazzz

It is only about 10% for all designators but if you are simply looking at INTEL then it might be higher based on the past posts. INTEL will probably fill most of those slots as the other designators tend to have low single digit selections. Correct me if I am wrong NavOffRec or Ratherbesurfing.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
It is only about 10% for all designators but if you are simply looking at INTEL then it might be higher based on the past posts. INTEL will probably fill most of those slots as the other designators tend to have low single digit selections. Correct me if I am wrong NavOffRec or Ratherbesurfing.
Honestly, I never had an IDC select. I can tell you I focused more on and was successful with engineering based programs. Having said that, we used to see on average 200-300 applications at quarterly boards and about 10-20 selects. Never saw a board with more than 5 IP selects, maybe 10 max IW. rufio and navoffrec feel free to offer your experience. Good luck every one.