• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
remember you can only compare SWO-IW to SWO-IW or Intel to Intel, while they are under the same IDC umbrella the destination billets are different and have different openings

Fair enough. I know per the FB group that there are two SWO/IP's, a SWO/OCEANO, and a straight IW in the 22 March class as well that were selected from the same board as me. Another straight Intel is going in Feb. Not sure if we got lucky, but that seems like a very reasonable turn around time for us IDC folks.

OKI_bound

Fair enough. I know per the FB group that there are two SWO/IP's, a SWO/OCEANO, and a straight IW in the 22 March class as well that were selected from the same board as me. Another straight Intel is going in Feb. Not sure if we got lucky, but that seems like a very reasonable turn around time for us IDC folks.
I was selected for IP (1820) from the Sept-14 IDC board and have yet to receive my FINSEL ltr. NRC said I should be expecting an Apr/May class date. That convo took place 1-Dec-14.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
OCS Letters being pushed for the 22 March 15 OCS class right now. Classes going beyond that your recruiter might be able to find your "penciled in" date on CIRIMS. No idea when the April/May FINSEL letters will arrive, but my guess is within the coming weeks.

navyhaz

I was selected for IP (1820) from the Sept-14 IDC board and have yet to receive my FINSEL ltr. NRC said I should be expecting an Apr/May class date. That convo took place 1-Dec-14.

Call the help desk. I negotiated my ship date with them. You're a prior so I'm assuming you would have the same privilege.

OKI_bound

Call the help desk. I negotiated my ship date with them. You're a prior so I'm assuming you would have the same privilege.
I'm active, and I was hoping to negotiate, but apparently they're still waiting for "FY-16 goaling." Here's the response I received...
You will not receive a final selection letter until you have been assigned a class date. Currently we are awaiting the release of the FY16 goaling so the communities can gage how many they ship to each class. I do not have an estimated time on that release.

navyhaz

I'm active, and I was hoping to negotiate, but apparently they're still waiting for "FY-16 goaling." Here's the response I received...
You will not receive a final selection letter until you have been assigned a class date. Currently we are awaiting the release of the FY16 goaling so the communities can gage how many they ship to each class. I do not have an estimated time on that release.

You're IP? You're one of two fleet guys selected. With the rest of the fleet IDC accessions going to OCS 22 March, I would have your NC call and speak with the program manager. If they won't allow that, ask for Rachel. Did your CO endorsement say you could not leave until a certain date? The other IP select is shipping soon. I can't see them using you to fill a FY16 spot. If need be, break the glass and get your CMC involved.

If you want I will call for you(being an NC they tend to be a little more helpful) . I have no problem doing a conference call. You should not be having this hard of a time getting answers.

OKI_bound

You're IP? You're one of two fleet guys selected. With the rest of the fleet IDC accessions going to OCS 22 March, I would have your NC call and speak with the program manager. If they won't allow that, ask for Rachel. Did your CO endorsement say you could not leave until a certain date? The other IP select is shipping soon. I can't see them using you to fill a FY16 spot. If need be, break the glass and get your CMC involved.

If you want I will call for you(being an NC they tend to be a little more helpful) . I have no problem doing a conference call. You should not be having this hard of a time getting answers.
Yes, I was 1 of 3 IP's selected (1 of 2 fleet). I have been in contact with Rachel - she was the one who sent me that email. If you're referring to my OCS Package CO Endorsement, it did not mention anything about keeping me. I would appreciate any correspondence with a NRC program manager to get me an OCS date. PM me whatever info you need to get that rolling.

exNavyOffRec

IP's are a tiny community OCS needs have varied between 0-4 per FY so it is not uncommon for people to slide from one FY to another, all it takes is one person to be redesignated at OCS to IP and the ripple effect happens, there have been fleet guys here in these tiny communities that have waited 9 months before, hell, we had a person (IP) picked in one FY, that shipped not in the next FY but the one after that! all because of an OCS redesignation in one FY and goal reduction in another.

zack13usa

Once you're in the military, you will be allowed to take the DLPT (Defense Language Proficiency Test) to see how proficient your language skills are in a specific language. This will say a lot for your actual proficiency in language when putting in an OCS package, but unless you enlist or go work for the government first you will never be allowed to take this test. (This is because only military, and this is anyone in the military (enlisted and officer alike), or citizens who work in a language critical government job are allowed to take it.)

Not sure about this statement, I was able to take my DLPT test at MEPS before joining the military

exNavyOffRec

Not sure about this statement, I was able to take my DLPT test at MEPS before joining the military

IDC designators don't care if you speak a foreign language or not, that isn't your job, on the PA it says foreign language isn't required and a past board member told us it isn't even considered.