• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
This has been a rough two days for me. After that whole fiasco yesterday with the PQ N3M letter, I find out that I'm going to be disqualified medically because I got vasculitis one time, 14 years ago! So I'm going to have to get a waiver (hopefully) before I can continue on with the medical process. I have to track down medical records from 14 years ago and then wait for them to be sent to me (if they still exist). I'm praying that I get a waiver or all of this will have been for nothing. To make matters worse, the processor who I'm having to work through doesn't respond to any of my emails so I keep sending her documents, information, and questions and never hear back about any of it. I originally sent her my medical records the first week of September and then didn't find out that my medical "stuff" had been deferred twice until I went to her office yesterday and asked her what was going on. No one told me that my medical stuff had been deferred once, nevertheless twice! And this is all after I explicitly asked my OR a while back if there was anything else I needed to do or submit (no), if I needed to go to MEPS (no), if my kit had been submitted (yes), and if I was good-to-go (yes). How can this be how it works?!?! Surely I shouldn't have to drive down to the NRD everyday to make sure people do their jobs and treat me fairly and surely I shouldn't have to find out on AW what I need to submit in order to complete my kit. Sorry for the rant but I'm completely frustrated, upset, disappointed, confused, etc. about all this.
I hear you, unfortunately you have to stay on top of things and in your case sometimes it may take seeing them face to face to get their attention. If that does not work, everyone has a supervisor.

jbones

First time poster here. Just wanted to say thanks for all the info on here. I sent my application in back in March and it was rolled back (a few times) to the Sept board. Was told it was finally looked at and I am just waiting now. Sucks that we have to wait, but at least I know I'm not alone...

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
I decided to withdraw my application from consideration for the INTEL board (In their face, right?). Yet, I cannot stop following this thread - it's like a mini soap opera I view everyday in the early afternoon. This helps with my FINSEL purgatory. So, thanks everyone for making this possible lol.

@psulaw0929 I feel for you - that is disheartening news.
What did you get picked up for then? I keep checking this between the long pauses Excel is taking in processing changes to my Unit's "personnel status" tracker.

navyhaz

I will concede that persistant calls to the PM over questions of when the results will be released is misguided and unneccessary. We will know when we are supposed to know.

Debatable. I can see persistent calls being a problem... sure. Like you said, if someone holds a position and has a publicly listed number, someone in my (our) position should be allowed to call to see what the hell is going on. This person is the medium between us and the board since part of their job is to communicate with the board.

This notion that we work packages for half a year (interviews, medical, LOR's, etc.) to just fire them off to NRC to float until one day five months later receive an answer is ludicrous. The system is flawed and I would expect something better in 2014 but the only thing we have is a GD phone call to the one person that has some knowledge of whats going on... but this is misguided and unnecessary?

PensacolaBayou

First time poster here. Just wanted to say thanks for all the info on here. I sent my application in back in March and it was rolled back (a few times) to the Sept board. Was told it was finally looked at and I am just waiting now. Sucks that we have to wait, but at least I know I'm not alone...

movie-die-hard-welcome-to-the-party-pal.png

exNavyOffRec

If I was a little catty in my last post it is because I feel rebuffed by some who would hold a different opinion. Now on to my next rant...If I hold a specific office with a published phone number or I have given my number to a Superior, Peer or Subordinate; I take time to help anyone who calls with any legitimate question or concern. I believe that refusing to address someones concerns because of their inferior rank or grade when you have jurisdiction over the matter is a real problem. Given this position, I will concede that persistant calls to the PM over questions of when the results will be released is misguided and unneccessary. We will know when we are supposed to know.

I get what your are saying but it is what it is, and it isn't just a military thing, it is a corporate america thing as well, sometimes even more than the military.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Have we forgot that the results to our enlisted advancement exams take over 2 months to release and they're taken on a scantron?? Then it takes 6 months to get paid after that??? Most of us should be numb to this wait already.

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
I get what your are saying but it is what it is, and it isn't just a military thing, it is a corporate america thing as well, sometimes even more than the military.

Can confirm. My 'corporate America' job requires a privately issued clearance, and from date of application to first day of work took over 3 months.

navyhaz

Have we forgot that the results to our enlisted advancement exams take over 2 months to release and they're taken on a scantron?? Then it takes 6 months to get paid after that??? Most of us should be numb to this wait already.

Much larger scale and expected. Considering the amount of people, two months is fast. If this board had to process the same number of applicants that were participating in an Navy Wide Advancement exam, we would be waiting the better part of a decade for results.

exNavyOffRec

Can confirm. My 'corporate America' job requires a privately issued clearance, and from date of application to first day of work took over 3 months.

Many companies that utilize corporate jets have a seating arrangement based on who is on that jet, and don't you dare sit in the wrong seat! (someone I know did that)

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Much larger scale and expected. Considering the amount of people, two months is fast. If this board had to process the same number of applicants that were participating in an Navy Wide Advancement exam, we would be waiting the better part of a decade for results.

I'm just trying to lube it up a little bro ....