• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
Just got back from visiting my processor. You'll notice my signature has changed to "March 2015 Board." :( I was told that my initial medical screening (or whatever it's called) has been "deferred" (whatever that means). This is all news to me and it doesn't sound good.
Keep up the good fight. I know how you feel. I missed the April board by a couple days.

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
Keep up the good fight.

Thanks. For a multitude of reasons I'm extremely upset and disappointed that this happened. My OR said he still has not seen anything concrete on this whole PR N3M letter thing for IDC applicants. I appreciate those who brought it to my attention @NavyOffRec @ratherbesurfing @RUFiO181 . I would rather find out now that my package won't be ready for the December board rather than be waiting for results like everyone here and find out that I'm not going to get results because my package was never property submitted. Truly, if I wasn't for the ORs and individuals on here, I wouldn't know what was going on.

fedman28

Thanks. For a multitude of reasons I'm extremely upset and disappointed that this happened. My OR said he still has not seen anything concrete on this whole PR N3M letter thing for IDC applicants. I appreciate those who brought it to my attention @NavyOffRec @ratherbesurfing @RUFiO181 . I would rather find out now that my package won't be ready for the December board rather than be waiting for results like everyone here and find out that I'm not going to get results because my package was never property submitted. Truly, if I wasn't for the ORs and individuals on here, I wouldn't know what was going on.
I feel your pain, considering we both had the same OR , and his lack of insight caused me to miss my board as well. My packet has been 2 years in the making before I actually had everything that I needed and an OR that was able to put it all together. I still had issued with my new one, but they can ultimately make you or break you in this crazy game. Just don't let this set back discourage you from completing your dream. Even if I don't get picked up this time around I'm going to get my masters and retake the ASTB and keep tryin until I age out

Rickblaine22

You are non AD correct? I only ask because I only had to go get checked by a navy doc. I even asked my career counselor today if he'd never heard of anyone AD having to go to MEPS for any kind of medical screening. Just to clarify for the folks, ya know?

kj0b

I would think they would get us results back before the deadline of the next Intel board (deadline for submission Nov 5) so we could reapply if we wanted. I'm betting that's just wishful thinking.

ryantexb

I talked to the help desk just a second ago they said they havent been given anything and it would take at least 2 to 3 days to push to BOL since it is such a large board.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
You are non AD correct? I only ask because I only had to go get checked by a navy doc. I even asked my career counselor today if he'd never heard of anyone AD having to go to MEPS for any kind of medical screening. Just to clarify for the folks, ya know?
AD applicants pretty much follow a similar medical process. You still fill out the DD2807 & 2808. Instead of MEPS doc, you see your unit Doc. They do all the same tests: Vision, HIV, Lipids, EKG etc as deliniated in the OPNAV1420.1B. You send off these docs and any supporting information to accompany anything you said yes to on the pre-screen. It's important that you state no further issues or complications in applicant remarks and the Doc addresses any of the issues as well stating that you are fit for full duty. This eliminates any reason for them to "defer" your medical status.

psulaw0929

I would think they would get us results back before the deadline of the next Intel board (deadline for submission Nov 5) so we could reapply if we wanted. I'm betting that's just wishful thinking.

With your Age, GPA (from a good school no-less), STEM degree, and amazing OAR score, you can probably do anything you want in the Navy.

psulaw0929

AD applicants pretty much follow a similar medical process. You still fill out the DD2807 & 2808. Instead of MEPS doc, you see your unit Doc. They do all the same tests: Vision, HIV, Lipids, EKG etc as deliniated in the OPNAV1420.1B. You send off these docs and any supporting information to accompany anything you said yes to on the pre-screen. It's important that you state no further issues or complications in applicant remarks and the Doc addresses any of the issues as well stating that you are fit for full duty. This eliminates any reason for them to "defer" your medical status.

Yeah, I found out that I've been deferred because I was admitted to the hospital 14 years ago when I was on active duty. I just wish someone would have told me so I could work on getting the records (assuming they still exist) or whatever they need.

IWhopeful

Maybe they'll just roll all the applicants' applications that met the quality threshold, but didn't get selected, into the December board. Assuming there is a quality threshold, and the results come out that late. Just a thought.

navyhaz

Maybe they'll just roll all the applicants' applications that met the quality threshold, but didn't get selected, into the December board. Assuming there is a quality threshold, and the results come out that late. Just a thought.

Impossible for fleet personnel. Since our skippers "conditionally release" us for the one look. We need another signature to be considered for additional boards beyond the one were applying.