• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

Phoenix84

Wait.... So if I submitted a package for Intel/Info Warfare for the September board, I was supposed to have gone to MEPS first??? My OR told me I'd go after I was selected.

guffster

Wait.... So if I submitted a package for Intel/Info Warfare for the September board, I was supposed to have gone to MEPS first??? My OR told me I'd go after I was selected.

See a couple pages back. According to Rufio/navyoffrec, it's a recent change and if you submitted before 01sept2014 then you are good.

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015

There was some talk yesterday about people now need something called a PQ N3M letter submitted with their package. I found out that you get this letter by going to MEPS. So I contacted my OR to verify this and he got back to me saying that I did in fact need the PQ N3M letter and that I needed to go to MEPS. I was originally told that I didn't need to go to MEPS until I received a Pro Rec, just like you were. So you may want to check with your OR. If you find out anything about this, I would appreciate if you could PM me with what you find out since I'm interested in getting this take care of.

I need some input. After my exchange on here yesterday with @NavyOffRec, I emailed my OR yesterday to find out if I needed the N3M PQ letter. My OR got back to me this morning and told me that I do need it. I believe the deadline for the December board applications is November 5th. I don't know how long it takes to schedule an appointment with MEPS, go to MEPS and get processed, get the letter I need, and then have it sent in with my application. Does anyone know how long any of these parts of the process take (or the whole thing)? I'm starting to worry that I won't get it in in time for the December board and then I'll have to wait until the March board. Thanks.

I did this whole process last month. After completing the Medical Pre-Screen, I gathered up all of my substantiating records and gave it to my OR. The OR will submit the Pre-Screen and medical records to the processor. Depending on how many pages your medical record coantains, MEPS has three days to review and respond with a cleared/not-cleared fro MEPS. Once cleared, contact the processor directly and set up the MEPS visit.

I got cleared within the three day limit, scheduled my MEPS visit for three days later. The processor needs at least 48 hours from notification to schedule a MEPS visit. Once you complete MEPS, they have three days to issue the N3M letter. If MEPS isn't backlogged, you're good to go, brother.

psulaw0929

I did this whole process last month. After completing the Medical Pre-Screen, I gathered up all of my substantiating records and gave it to my OR. The OR will submit the Pre-Screen and medical records to the processor. Depending on how many pages your medical record coantains, MEPS has three days to review and respond with a cleared/not-cleared fro MEPS. Once cleared, contact the processor directly and set up the MEPS visit.

I got cleared within the three day limit, scheduled my MEPS visit for three days later. The processor needs at least 48 hours from notification to schedule a MEPS visit. Once you complete MEPS, they have three days to issue the N3M letter. If MEPS isn't backlogged, you're good to go, brother.

Thanks. I think my OR may have already submitted all my medical questionnaires and records for the Medical Pre-Screen, so I'm hoping I can just schedule and appointment and knock it out. I only have 11 business days before the November 5th deadline so I'm hoping I can do whatever I need to do before then. Once I get this letter, is it just a matter of the processor uploading it to my already submitted package? This shouldn't be difficult or time consuming, should it?

I can't speak to the process of uploading the document to the packet but I can't imagine that would be a very diffucult process. As long as you get to MEPS before next Wednesday, you should be green.

Phoenix84

I spoke with my OR and he said that the new requirement was for packages submitted after 1, Oct. 2014, not 1, Sept.... Why the discrepancy?

exNavyOffRec

That's what I thought as well. I called the NPC call center this morning just to feel productive and not helpless, and the woman I spoke with said they only have board numbers with 3 numbers and 195 was the closest to Intel that met in September.

I also have zero previous experience/interaction with NPC so I totally could have been asking the wrong questions to the wrong person.

NPC =/= NRC, NPC will have no idea what you are talking about

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
MEPS doesn't issue an N3M letter, MEPS is not bound by 3 days after physical as they are at the mercy of the lab, and N3M can take no time at all or as long as they want if they have questions.
It is the results of the HIV test that takes the longest. My average return was 10-14 days. Then another week or so to get N3M to buy off on medical results. As previously stated, if you have a medical record thicker than a quarter inch, expect longer turn around times. @psulaw, if I were you I would hope for the best but expect delays in this particular process. I know you dont want to hear this but you might well be looking at the March board after all. I hit on this N3M process several times on this blog and based off the back and forth questions I wonder if anyone read the posts...

psulaw0929

Just got back from visiting my processor. You'll notice my signature has changed to "March 2015 Board." :( I was told that my initial medical screening (or whatever it's called) has been "deferred" (whatever that means). This is all news to me and it doesn't sound good.

fmrarmy1

I spoke with my OR and he said that the new requirement was for packages submitted after 1, Oct. 2014, not 1, Sept.... Why the discrepancy?
I have no idea, but when my medical records went off to Navy Medical it took about 3 to 4 days to get the medical qualification back from the Navy to go into my packet. I had mine sitting in his desk for about 6 months while he retired then a new recruiter came in and finally submitted my packet. It has been sitting at the board since April of this year.