• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Yeah it's funny to watch this forum blow up right before each board. Anticipation kills everyone! haha
I'd venture to bet there are a few of us that are close to having an aneurysm... I mean ummm... I didn't say a condition that would disqualify us NAMI... I promise..

Reactions: RMP

Lancerr1

I'd venture to bet there are a few of us that are close to having an aneurysm... I mean ummm... I didn't say a condition that would disqualify us NAMI... I promise..

NSA says "PDQ Clark and Varlogkern for high risk of aneurysms in high-stress environments."

Good thing it's not up to NSA! ;)

It can be odd and they have changed the way they have done it, it used to be that the GPA calculated on the GPA worksheet was what they went by, then I heard it was changed to what the GPA was on the transcripts for the degree you graduated with, so yes it can be interesting sometimes.

Thanks NavyOffRec for turning my attention to my GPA, I double checked with NRC and they have my cumulative at 2.75...still nothing to be proud of, but at least I know I meet the requirements. It spurred me to grab one last recommendation and I pulled off getting one from COMNAVSPECWARCOM so thank you for the food for thought, good things came out of it!

exNavyOffRec

Thanks NavyOffRec for turning my attention to my GPA, I double checked with NRC and they have my cumulative at 2.75...still nothing to be proud of, but at least I know I meet the requirements. It spurred me to grab one last recommendation and I pulled off getting one from COMNAVSPECWARCOM so thank you for the food for thought, good things came out of it!

It will be your PFAR score they really pay attention to, tons of LOR's do nothing for a persons aptitude.

Scottie35

It will be your PFAR score they really pay attention to, tons of LOR's do nothing for a persons aptitude.

Will the AQR weigh in as heavily as the PFAR and FOFAR? I would assume that, while it's important, the OAR wouldn't matter nearly as much as the other numbers.

exNavyOffRec

Will the AQR weigh in as heavily as the PFAR and FOFAR? I would assume that, while it's important, the OAR wouldn't matter nearly as much as the other numbers.

normally AQR tracks with PFAR so it makes it easy for the board, sometimes they are off and they have to look a bit deeper but yes it is a factor.

iFly14

pilot
Gentlemen,

Just wanted to get in on the conversation. Trying to apply for a SNA, NFO slot, scored a 9/9/9 70-something on the ASTB, have several letters including a LOR from VADM Brown at TRANSCOM, and graduated with a B.S. in Physics, 3.4 GPA. I turn 23 in April. Trying to get the ball rolling.

Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: HTR

HTR

pilot
Gentlemen,

Just wanted to get in on the conversation. Trying to apply for a SNA, NFO slot, scored a 9/9/9 70-something on the ASTB, have several letters including a LOR from VADM Brown at TRANSCOM, and graduated with a B.S. in Physics, 3.4 GPA. I turn 23 in April. Trying to get the ball rolling.

Could you try a little harder on scores? Idk if those will hold up around here.

HTR

pilot
Gentlemen,

Are you in this board?

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Gentlemen,

Unfortunately no, paperwork was not in for this one...
Whichever board you do end up a part of, I would just go ahead and pencil in the Pro-Rec-Y into your paperwork.